“Great Hotel and Great Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Savannah, United States
“Great Hotel and Great Location”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

staff was awesome and friendly, location was great, lake, walking path, plenty of sitting benches to enjoy the view on and off the property. Hotel overall was a great place. and you didn't feel like you were in a hotel while there. We will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed our home away from home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The hotel is in a nice area. Close to restaurants and shopping. The rehearsal dinner was held at the hotel as well. The food was very good. The room was clean. I just wish the bed was a little softer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm glad the food was good and you enjoyed the rehearsal dinner. thanks for staying with us!
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was clean, everything worked, and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again. The pool and hot tub were my favorites. The hot breakfast was also very good. This hotel is located in a very nice part of Columbus, close to shopping areas, Target, Publix, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for staying with us and sharing you kink comments!
Lagrange ga
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Room was not Quality I expected. Had booked room as romantic get away and let staf. we got room looking at parking lot instaead of lake at requested room yp grade and counter person mad no effort, AC heater umit in room rattled every time it came on, The bed had worn out area in middle and was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry we spoiled your getaway. My intention is every guest to have a great stay. I do realize how important it is to have thoughs special moments and am very disappointed of how your experience at the hotel went. We will be doing up-grades in the rooms this fall to ensure we maintain a quality hotel. Again thank you very much for your feedback.
Manassas, VA, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel staff, like most HGIs I stay in, is well trained and courteous; chef Dimitri is very good at creating special meals, by request, outside of the normal menu fare. The hotel is in an out-of-the-way location, in the midst of medical and professional buildings, that add to its level of security (I was driving a very specialized company demonstrator vehicle and spent two weeks here), while still being near the interstate/highway system. The only drawback to its location is the lack of restaurants within walking distance, but the hotel restaurant at least makes up for this, especially for short duration stays.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

thanks! I appreciate the two weeks you spent here and allowing us to be your home away from home.
Peachtree City, GA, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have stayed in many places over the years & have NEVER been in so much pain throughout the night. This was the worst bed I have EVER tried to sleep in. My whole back ached the whole night. I slept very little. The control for the firmness of the bed was hidden under the fitted sheet. We did not know about the control until I lifted the fitted sheet to find the name of the mattress (so I would be sure I would never buy a mattress like it). NO one mentioned that we would need to do this. Even when we did try to adjust it, IT STILL DID NOT WORK. AWFUL.

1 Thank Marianne V
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We're sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not what you expected. I do understand that if our beds are not adjusted properly they can be less than desirable. A description and instructions of the bed adjustment should have been by the bedside. I apologize for your not having those to be able to make the changes. I would like very much to invite you back to the Hilton Garden Inn and allow us to give you an opportunity to experience the hotel with everything in great working order. May we invite you to stay with us again? I may be reached at 706.660.1915 - Amanda Ryals - Director of Sales - I look forward to speaking with you and having you as our guest in the near future. Thank you.
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Check-in was very fast, friendly and the clerk warmly thanked me for my loyalty as an HH diamond member. This HGI is set in a wooded, upscale office park on the northwest side of Columbus. The surrounding grounds are very peaceful and offer wide sidewalks to stroll and enjoy the views flora and fauna.
There are several restaurants of various price points within a mile of the hotel as well as a Target, Publix, Panera and a multi-screen movie theater.
I've stayed here several times and each time it appears as if they have recently refreshed the common areas. That is to say this property is very well maintained.
The room was clean and comfortable with a large desk, flat panel TV - 89 channels + in-room movies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. I had a very good sleep in the comfortable king bed. As an HH diamond member I received a complimentary hot breakfast - thanks.
Bottom line: I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever I'm in Columbus.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view - very pretty.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. As a Hilton Honor Diamond Guest - you travel quite frequently and have many hotels to compare us to - so, we greatly appreciate your excellent comments on our hotel and for returning time and time again. When we have "repeat" guests - we love it!

Again, thank you!