“Wonderful Location”
Review of Columbus Marriott

Columbus Marriott
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was our first visit to Columbus and we picked the right place to stay at the Columbus Marriott. The location is perfectly sandwiched between the Columbus Historic District and Uptown Columbus and a few steps from the Columbus Riverwalk.
Parking was easy and our check in was smooth. We had a 2 double bed room on the third floor with a south view towards the historic district.
Some of the rooms are undergoing renovation but not on our floor. The third floor has a connector bridge to the "historic" side of the property which houses suite rooms.
The lobby area is very comfortable (after a walk along the Riverwalk and a cool Starbucks chilled drink) for sitting and talking. The pool area and excercise area was nice too.
I would definately stay here again as there is no other real option in this area.

Room Tip: Take a walk around the Historic District and Riverwalk if you have the time.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for an annual convention. I arrived very early and was going to bring my luggage up to a friends room rather than have it in my car. I asked the front desk when I might be able to check in and after checking their computer, they told me they had a room open and sent me happily on my way.
The hotel is older, but I loved the way they took care of it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This Marriott location offers the typical amenities of any Marriott location. The thing that sets it apart is that it is an old grist mill that has been refurbished, rather than being allowed to fall into ruin. What a great way to preserve some of the rich history or Columbus! It is within easy walking distance of the Riverwalk as well as the downtown area which offers lots of great dining and entertainment venues. This is within the "uptown" historic district, therefore surrounded by historic homes, parks, museums and attractions - what more could you ask for?
The staff was extremely courteous and helpful from the housekeeping staff to the front desk - you wont' regret your stay here!

Room Tip: Unfortunately, none of the rooms offer a river view so I would recommend a north facing room to over...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed at the Marriott for a wedding event in the neat town of columbus GA. this was formally a cotton mill and was decorated tastefully! The town on Friday night had a live band and on Saturday it turned into a crafty tented venue! The Hotel is just steps away from a riverside bike and run Trail. Also not far from award winning golf courses!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Awesome room, really cool brickwork (as common in Columbus). Only complaint is no free breakfast, $15 buffet... no thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Had a great stay here. Everyone was wonderful Great service, and wonderful help. The manager, David Cassell, made sure all our needs were met, and made sure our stay was enjoyable as possible Would highly recomend to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Columbus area.

Room Tip: If your looking for a great suite, try the Pres. Suite
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was great! My bridesmaids and I checked in first to get ready and we loved the room. Everyone was so nice, especially David Cassell, who i understand is one of the managers, he found us on the service elevator and helped us find our way out and was very nice.
As a surprise my mom had sent a bottle of champagne for us to have in the room and to my understanding it was David again that made sure it got there for us chilled and ready to go. The room was outstanding as well as the service, I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Didn't go to the spa or try breakfast but their restraunt does have great food (we had our bache...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus

Been to Columbus Marriott? Share your experiences!