Columbus Marriott
US$74
US$95
US$77
EconoLodge
Best Western Plus Columbus/ Ft. Benning(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
US$89
Country Inn
US$122
US$107
All reviewsthe concierge loungeold millgrist millconvention centerthe river walkhistoric downtownhoulihan's restaurantchattahoochee riverwithin walking distancefront desk stafflocation is greathotel lobbylight sleeperhotel is beautifulup to dateexcellent customer servicethe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I had the Residence Inn in north Columbus booked bc I've always had a great experience with them but we decided to stay at the Columbus Marriott downtown to try something new. Service was great, they even gave me a little early birthday present as a reward member :-), and the room was more than adequate BUT the walls are so thin!!! I can hear EVERYTHING the people on either side of me are doing...last night we could hear their tv so clearly we knew they were watching the weather channel lol This morning as I'm working in my room on my laptop I hear rustling sounds in the bathroom and I kid you not I had to look behind me to make sure my husband was still in bed because it sounded like it was someone in my bathroom...nope! Just the neighbor taking a shower and brushing their teeth. Also, our room faces the large back parking lot and I hadn't planned to get up so early on my vacation but was awakened at 7am by a delivery truck with the reverse alarm going off like 2-3 minutes straight. Really?! Maybe we were just unfortunate in our room placing but I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. If it wasn't for the thin walls I'd make this my go to hotel for the area but I think I'll stick with Residence Inn in the future.

Room Tip: Get something on the corner (one less neighbor to worry about with the super thin walls) and avoid facing the back parking lot where you can hear deliveries coming in early in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Cecil W, Front Office Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Hello kandice292 and thanks for your review!
I hate that we disappointed you on your first stay with us but rest assured that we will work on the concerns you have expressed to improve future visits for all of our guests and to hopefully bring you back to stay with us. This is not the case with all of our rooms but its your voice that gives us the chance to correct some of these things and isolate problems. We will be going through renovations through December and your particular problem will most defiantly be on my list of concerns to be expressed at these meetings. With your review and your concerns we are provided with vital information needed to prevent these things from happening again. I hope that you come back and see us in the future and be sure to let me know and I’ll make sure that we have you in a room free of beeping trucks and noisy neighbors!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I recently stayed here with a group, and loved the hotel's older charm. It has been nicely taken care of with a fairly modern renovation of it's guest rooms. I stayed on the concierge floor, which had robes, a fridge, microwave, and extra bath amenities such as vanity kits, mouthwash, body wash, etc. that do not come in the standard rooms. Hot water seems to have been upgraded as it was steaming instantly!

The elevators are a little sketchy. They are clearly marked to not put more than 6 people in them. Take this seriously, as we had some people get stuck for almost 2 hours because they had a few more than 6 in the car.

The concierge lounge is key accessible 24/7 despite it being closed on the weekend. There was nothing out like drinks or snacks over the weekend, so I cannot comment on this. Some properties leave bottled water and cereal out over the weekends, but not here.

The group had 4 people to each room with 2 double beds. The hotel claimed they could only make 2 keys to each room, which bogged my mind as I have never heard this before in my life. They claim it is due to aging technology. Maybe it is time for an upgrade. This made keeping track of keys and room access very hard for 4 people on different schedules. Very inconvenient I must say.

My biggest gripe is the beds. Unless you like to REALLY cuddle with your bed-mate, do not plan on putting more than 2 people in a room with 2 double beds. These beds are so small, they are just slightly bigger than a twin. People had to sleep on the floor in order to not be on top of each other. You could probably get 2 kids into one of these beds, but that is it. There seems to be plenty of space in the rooms for slightly larger beds. Just a few more inches would suffice.

Overall, not a bad hotel. Everyone here seems nice and very willing to help. Just a few kinks need to be worked out, and they will have the perfect hotel!

Room Tip: Concierge rooms have more amenities. Rooms ending in 50's+ are in a separate building. No rooms on ground floor (1st floor is really 3rd floor)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

I thank you joepercussion for your review on our hotel. More importantly we do appreciate your feedback and suggestions. It’s this kind of input that is vital for a business like ours to grow and your words have not fallen on deaf ears. With some of the coming upgrades and renovations we will be able to address your concerns about the bed sizes in our double rooms so that we may better meet the needs of our guest. I have personally made note about the concierge lounge being stocked for the weekends when its closed so even if we are not providing the one on one service, amenity’s are still available for guest that have requested the option. I invite you back any time joepercussion and I hope we will be able to better meet your requests in the future and I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my second stay at this Marriott and I'll be back. The location is unbeatable for access to downtown and Ft Benning. Rooms were great, the lobby is very welcoming, and the concierge is awesome. Audrey and the entire front desk staff were quick, helpful, and extremely friendly. This is a great hotel regardless of your reason to visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Cecil W, Front Office Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thanks Herktravels for your response!
First of all, we are happy to of had you back and second we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback on your visit with us. It’s good to be in a location that meets all of your traveling needs but its even better when you have the staff that helps meet those needs. We appreciate your kind words about our Historic Marriott and from our entire staff welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have to play compliments to the staff. They are warm, friendly, and on top of their game. On my arrival, I saw that the hotel had several functions going on the weekend of the 5th of October. However, I was still greeted by the professionalism of AUDREY. She was very pleasant and on top of her game. After checking into my room, I called reservations stated I needed to stay an extra night using my voucher. I also went back downstairs to check in with AUDREY to let her know what I was doing, Because of the mulitple activities that was going on, there was a slight confusion. However, AUDREY handled it like a CHAMP!! Working along with her was the warm, smilling face of ARLENE. Each time that I went downstairs to ask for assistance, ARLENE had a warm, genuine, sincere smile that was very pleasant that was very pleasant in nature.
Then there was JASMINE. I can not say enough about JASMINE. JASMINE was extremely instrumental in preparing my transportation back to the airport the next day.

As one reviewer mention, the hotel knew "excatly" what they were doing when hiring these people.

The hotel is in a great location. It is situated in the historical part of downtown Columbus, along The Riverwalk, and across the street from River Center for the performing Arts, with other attractions that are within walking distance.

Thank you for a wonderful stay Columbus Marriott!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Hello Rouget B and thank you for your review,
We were so happy to have you here with us and it was our pleasure to meet all of your requests and needs. When you have a lot going on in one facility it’s important to ensure every guest is taken care of and it seems we had just the team for that! From the arrival to the departure it is our duty to ensure that you’re happy and that we provide the service you expect from the Marriott brand but more importantly it is our desire to take that further. I am happy to tell you that the service you were provided from Audrey, Arlene and Jasmine does not go unrecognized and they are happy see your feedback. I extend thanks along with an invitation to come back and see us here at the HISTORIC Columbus Marriott and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stay at the Marriott on Front Street during my yearly visit. The hotel lobby is inviting and well decorated. My room was clean and comfortable. The desk staff were helpful and wonderful. I would like to give a two thumbs up to Shoshawna and John. Marriott had great instincts when they hired these two employees. Thanks Marriott for another great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Cecil W, Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Hello Pamela696 and thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. When coming to Columbus you have many choices for lodging and we thank you for choosing us. Your constancy and dedication to our hotel and our brand really make a great impact on us. Every year you visit we are hoping to “WOW” you just a little bit more. WE are excited to have come back next year and even more excited to show you how we just keep getting better. Thank you Pamela696