“Outstanding, knowledgable, and professional staff”
Review of Columbus Marriott

Columbus Marriott
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed at this facility several times over the past few months, traveling with both large and small groups. Without hesitation the staff had a "can do attitude" from reservations thru check out. This is a professional team with a thorough knowledge of the hospitality business, surrounding areas, able to answer any question (with a smile), able to make guests feel right at home. The hotel has a wide variety of room types, from lovely historic suites to comfortable traditional well priced rooms. A lovely historic district is within walking distance and the downtown, also within walking distance, offers many eateries and eclectic shops. A farmer's market is a must see in season a few blocks from the hotel. This facility has an exceptional front desk staff, and guest services staff. This is the only place to stay in the Columbus area! I look forward to my next trip to The Columbus Marriott!

Room Tip: The historic suites and rooms in the mill area have quite a bit of charm!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to our Historic Marriott Hotel. Our Staff Members do take pride in promoting special events and wonderful attractions in our area and we do hope we might add a special memory to your visit to Columbus! We look forward to your return again with us!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The staff are friendly.
The location is reasonably central but a very loud train passes by just outside on occasion!
The bar/restaurant is typical limited American fare.
The internet speed is awful.
Overall the hotel is fine, clean, large rooms but it's all a bit dated.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor on the side of the hotel that's away from the railway track.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Razzi-B
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you so much for your follow up and we do value feed back as we take pride in providing the "very best of service" to our guests at all times! As we are located in our Historic Downtown area and on the banks of the Chattahoochee River, we do have a train track that runs in the middle of the road on one side of our Hotel! It is exciting for the children to see and yes, loud at times. We have addressed our Internet issue and it is now working correctly at this time. Thank you again so much and we look forward to your return in the future with us!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is our second stay here. The first stay was good, not excellent. We had a good view and decent accommodations. This hotel is very convenient to downtown Columbus GA, but do not leave the grounds after dark. It is located one block from hundreds of government housing and the projects of Columbus!!! The restaurant is pretty good for hotel food, but mainly greasy delights.
Our second stay was a surprise for us because they lost our reservations and turned us away!!
This is our second stay, but third visit. This time they apparently gave us the rooms that Marriott forgot about! They have an amazing view of a rubber roof and air conditioning units, no view of the historic district as they advertise.The mold in the bathroom was unbelievable. The tiles were cracked and just dirty looking. Our refrigerator didn't work, the bed was itchy?? This morning I called the front desk because they supplied the room with one soap, and one conditioner..... I needed shampoo! The front desk lady told me "we don't have shampoo"!!!! Even motel 6 has shampoo, and it's only $39 a night, at Marriott's inflated $139, $159 @ $189 rates..... Shampoo should be a staple. Clean should be a staple!
In this small area of the world, buyer beware. There are much nicer accommodations in north Columbus. Do not risk Marriott losing your reservation and turning you away, or giving you one of the "moldy rooms". Dirty, dirty, dirty!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Travelright01
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you so much for this feedback and we have reviewed your comments with each Department Manager and staff members at this time. We do apologize for the issues you experienced and we could certainly be honored to have the opportunity to have you stay again with us in the future to provide the "very best of service" and a wonderful visit for you and your guests as well. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Columbus Marriott and I was blown away with the service!!! I'm kind of a "Hotel Snob" and service is really important to me and I must say that the service was outstanding. From the moment that my husband and I arrived the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We were there visiting family and they gave us directions and told us some of the must see places to check out. I highly recommend this hotel and we will always stay there when we come to town!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you again for sharing your feed back on your visit with us and we are "so very proud of our Staff Members"!! It is truly an honor daily, to take care of our guests and we believe we have the most dedicated and genuine employees in Columbus, Georgia! Please come back soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had a brief stay in September at the Columbus Marriott and I have never experienced the level of professionalism and courteousness in hotel staff ever before like I did there. From the front desk staff to the bellhop-every single need or desire was met!! They went above and beyond with every request and made me feel like I was their number one priority. I will definitely be booking there whenever I'm in Columbus!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank skinnywrapatl

We look forward to your return in 2014 and again, it would be our pleasure to "provide the very best of service" to you and your guests! The surrounding downtown area continues to grow with new attractions and we are ready to help you plan a great time in Columbus again.*

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Two of stayed in the old mill portion of the Marriott Hotel in downtown Columbus, Georgia for two nights.

The hotel is a wonderful place to stay and very convenient to downtown. The staff is really great and most helpful. The rooms in the old textile mill portion of the hotel (where I have stayed several times) are really cool and worth requesting.

The restaurant (Houlihan's) located in the hotel is very good, a notch above most chain restaurants.

I would very much recommend the Columbus Marriott to anyone visiting Columbus, GA for either business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old mill portion of the hotel. Lots of character to these rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our "Historic Columbus Marriott"! It is exciting to be located downtown and just across the street from our beautiful Chattahoochee RiverWalk! The "Mill Side" of the Hotel was initially a "Cotton Mill" in the 1800's and the guest rooms are beautiful!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions and find it to be a decent Marriott in a nice historic building. I spent one night this past weekend with my family and had specifically reserved a King room and a rollaway bed. When we arrived to check in the clerk was friendly and provided keys to the room. I asked fim specifically if the rollaway bed was in the room and he assured me that it was already there. We went up to the room and found 2 double beds and no rollaway as we had been promised. I had also used the virtual concierge service and had requested extra towels and extra foam pillows. They weren't in the room either. I called down and was told that someone would call me back in a couple of minutes. After 10 minutes I was about to storm back down to the lobby when the desk clerk knocked on the door and handed keys to a King room. He said that the rollaway would be there soon. We moved to the next room and found it to be okay but found no pillows or towels that were supposed to be there. The rollaway arrived after 30 minutes and I then went out to look for ice. I tried the ice machines on 4 different floors and found them all to be out of services. I came back to the room and asked for pillows, towels and ice. Half an hour later we got pillows and towels. No ice. I called again for ice and still got nothing. Finally I took a gallon size Baggie down to the restaurant and they found me some ice it shouldn't have been that hard!
On a positive note, every employee i saw during the stay took time to greet me. Not just a few, but every employee acknowledged me. Pretty good job! Next time, work harder to get the right room and have the extras already in place for the guest. Oh, and get the ice machines fixed!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you again for taking the time to share your visit with us and please come our way again in 2014.** We continue to address concerns and feedback from our guests and we strive to continue to improve and provide the "very best of service" to our guests!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning

Been to Columbus Marriott? Share your experiences!