“Very good visit”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland
“Very good visit”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited this hotel in June 2014 after visiting it a year before. Our biggest complaint about the previous visit was that the halls had no air conditioning. We did not see that problem this time.

We spent two days in one room, then came back two days later for another day. The hallways were all cool.

This hotel has a great location. It's in walking distance of all the great downtown activities. There's live music at several place. On Saturday, there was a farmers market. There's whitewater rafting. From what I understand, there's going to be a zip line across the river in the near future. It's almost across the streets from a civic-center-like venue. We saw an oldies concert there on one of the days.

There are other hotels in the area, but no others in this location. There might be some closer to Fort Benning, but, if you are interested in doing something more than sitting in your room, this is the hotel.

It's a couple of old warehouses that have been converted. It's exceptionally nice.

The only thing keeping me from rating it hire is a mix-up by Marriott. I had reserved a room through American Express in March. In May, I realized I could visit two days in a row. Marriott called me and I explained about having reservations by two different sources. I was told there'd be no problem, that I could stay in the same room. After I arrived, nothing was done, and I had to make the change the next morning.

Other than that, it was a great visit, and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get a high room. We got one that had a view of the lobby's roof.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you did enjoy your recent visit with us! We look forward to your return again and our Staff Members will look forward to providing the "very best of service" again for you and your guests.*

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

the hotel was very clean compared to others I have stayed at in the Columbus area. every member of the staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. this is not the case at all hotels,
Marriott should be very proud of their employees who go the extra mile to make the stay enjoyable. I will definitely recommend this location to anyone going to Columbus GA.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Our Staff Members do take great pride in being both professional and friendly every single day! We are so glad you enjoyed each person you spoke with and we do look forward to your return as we always have exciting events in our downtown area for you and your guests to enjoy.*
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hi... I'm miss Shanika... I want to say that I enjoyed my stay at the Columbus Marriott.... My room was very clean and I was very impressed with the housekeeping that was performed I actually got to sit in my room and watch the room attendant clean my room... Miss Anderson was a very nice and sweet person. I also asked her were was some restaurant so go eat it and she told me about the cannon and Cantina.... I must say the food was very good I enjoy my stay and will refer any one else to come stay there... Hands up again thank you for all y'all do...

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feed back and yes, we will let Ms. Anderson know how pleased you were with your Guest Room! We enjoy sharing our suggestions for a great visit with our Guests and we are delighted you did have excellent service as you dined in our downtown area!
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

In today's world it is very difficult to find decent customer service. The moment I stepped in the door I was greeted with friendly faces. I was searching for a the perfect place to host an event. I didn't have to search anymore. The catering sales coordinator and staff are friendly, helpful, and willing to work with you to reach a specific goal. I will definitely recommend this place to friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rasharne
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for coming our way to view our "beautiful Banquet Rooms" and we certainly look forward to "making wonderful memories" for you and your guests with hosting your upcoming very special event! Our Catering Sales Coordinator is amazing and she takes such pride with coordinating each and every "Special Event" to ensure it is "just as you envision"!!
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here 05/05/14 on second leg towards our final destination. Beautiful hotel in a restored grist mill. We stayed on the mill side, very nice with exposed brick and high ceilings. Wandered around the downtown/college area. School was out so not too many people (and it was a Monday night). Went down to the river and watched some kayakers and fishermen. Had a few beers are an upstairs/outdoor bar. Beautiful evening. Couldn't find a restaurant so headed back to Houlihan's inside the hotel. Sat outside and ordered a bunch of appetizers. Service and food were outstanding. Had a great time. As Marriott platinum members we were able to enjoy the breakfast in the morning. Joyce was AMAZING. Such a bright, sweet, helpful young lady, sure made our morning a lot nicer. The front desk staff was also very nice and helpful. Would recommend

Room Tip: Beware of train that literally runs right in front of the hotel at 5:00 am blowing it's whistle...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4dpkeith
The weather was perfect for a stroll from our Hotel to enjoy not only the Chattahoochee RiverWalk right across the street from us, as well as the many venues in our downtown area! We are so glad you did return for delicious "food and beverages" in our Houlihan's and we are so proud of the Staff as they strive to make sure you have a great time! Joyce will enjoy hearing your compliments as she is so passionate about providing great service! Please come see us again soon.**
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I checked in quite late in the evening, and the fabulous staff, Shoshawn and Paula, made me feel right at home. The hotel is in the perfect location, but it was really the experience I had with the staff that made my stay a great one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ann O, Guest Relations Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We certainly thank you for taking the time to let us know both "Paula and Shoshawn" provided excellent customer service for you recently here at our "Historic Columbus Marriott"! These Staff Members do represent the "quality of guest care" we strive to provide every day!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a good one night at this hotel. I liked it that it is across the Columbus River Walk. My husband and I spent an hour walking along the river. Columbus deserves praise for improving their river walk.

Service was excellent. The staff were professional. The concierge lounge was comfortable and hosted by friendly personnel. We have no complaints. We would stay at this hotel again whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Both Ms. Joyce and Ms. Linda take great pride in providing excellent service in our Concierge Lounge and we are so very glad you enjoyed their hospitality as well! We are proud of our "Chattahoochee RiverWalk" and upon your next return, we will let you know of the exciting venues located close by for your enjoyment as you stroll again, on the RiverWalk.*
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus

Been to Columbus Marriott? Share your experiences!