Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown
Columbus Marriott(Columbus)
Rodeway Inn(Phenix City)
Quality Inn(Phenix City)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was looking for a 5 star hotel for myself and my cat. I started with the top rated hotels as listed on Tripadvisor. When I asked if they accepted pets, they laughed at me, or charged a whopping $150 non-refundable pet "deposit." So I went down to 4 stars. No takers. 3 stars? Nah. I finally came to Days Inn. It was pretty much at the bottom of the list. I was expecting to take a few fleas home with me.

I was immediately surprised by a really nice, large, lobby. I noted a computer for the use of the guests. I didn't need it, as I brought my laptop, but I was accommodated by not one, but two free internet connections.

The hotel is old. There is nothing they can do about that but make do. But it is in perfect repair, and unlike the reports of some others, I found it spotless. The bed was hard. I like beds hard. The water was hot. The toilet flushed. The cable had 75 channels. What more can you ask for at $50 a night?

The staff was friendly to the extreme. The only complaints I have are (1) there was a sign on the 2nd floor with an arrow to "Ice & Vending." I found the ice, but I never could find the vending. (2) The machines in the lobby didn't have Mountain Dew. Then again, no machine in Georgia has Mountain Dew - I think to sell a Pepsi product in Georgia is considered disloyal to Coca-Cola.

Contrary to what another review stated, this motel is in an excellent location. It is in the Historical District, walking distance to Columbus University and the Ma Rainey House. It is ten blocks from the Loft (best restaurant in Columbus) and several trendy eateries where you can get a $15 salad.

This is not the hotel to book for a prospective employee coming from out of town for an interview. On the other hand, if you are on a tight budget, I don't think you can do any better. I am impressed that the staff monitors these reviews and takes the time to reply. Within the limitations of the price, I have no problem recommending the Days Inn. If you have a pet and don't especially want to sneak it in and risk the maid finding it when you are away, and refuse to pay $150 for a room and then another $150 for the pet, you have no choice - you will end up there.

If the staff reads this, Fluffy and I thank you for an enjoyable two days.

Room Tip: Don't accept a low number, they are a two mile walk to the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Yogi P, Front Desk at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback and we Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We strive here at the Days Inn on service and affordable accommodations we hope to See you and Mrs. Fluffy again.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Yogi P, Front Desk at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Reviewed 11 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Yogi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Reviewed 31 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Yogi P, Front Desk at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Reviewed 28 August 2013