“Mediocre” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Springfield
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were in Columbus Georgia visiting our son. The only thing nice about the room is the price. One of the first things we saw was a huge roach in the room. which means we had to be very careful with our luggage, the vent in the bathroom had dirt hanging out of it And a big rust stains down the back of the toilet. Definitely would not be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Yogi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you’re experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn in Columbus Ga. Our Success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time and let me know where improvement needed so that we may continue to maintain high standards. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. Please call us at 706-322-2522 when making your reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Columbus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nice price, difficult check in/out process, breakfast doesn't allow you to sleep in at all, the electrical sockets didn't Work, the bathroom was the most spacious part of the room and the ceiling in the bathroom wasn't staying in place. Not to mention the traffic is so bad you could hear every car That passed the hotel. They need to insulate the property better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Yogi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience your experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn in Columbus Ga. I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the hotel during your visit. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time and let me know where improvements are needed. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.
Lithonia, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was looking for a 5 star hotel for myself and my cat. I started with the top rated hotels as listed on Tripadvisor. When I asked if they accepted pets, they laughed at me, or charged a whopping $150 non-refundable pet "deposit." So I went down to 4 stars. No takers. 3 stars? Nah. I finally came to Days Inn. It was pretty much at the bottom of the list. I was expecting to take a few fleas home with me.

I was immediately surprised by a really nice, large, lobby. I noted a computer for the use of the guests. I didn't need it, as I brought my laptop, but I was accommodated by not one, but two free internet connections.

The hotel is old. There is nothing they can do about that but make do. But it is in perfect repair, and unlike the reports of some others, I found it spotless. The bed was hard. I like beds hard. The water was hot. The toilet flushed. The cable had 75 channels. What more can you ask for at $50 a night?

The staff was friendly to the extreme. The only complaints I have are (1) there was a sign on the 2nd floor with an arrow to "Ice & Vending." I found the ice, but I never could find the vending. (2) The machines in the lobby didn't have Mountain Dew. Then again, no machine in Georgia has Mountain Dew - I think to sell a Pepsi product in Georgia is considered disloyal to Coca-Cola.

Contrary to what another review stated, this motel is in an excellent location. It is in the Historical District, walking distance to Columbus University and the Ma Rainey House. It is ten blocks from the Loft (best restaurant in Columbus) and several trendy eateries where you can get a $15 salad.

This is not the hotel to book for a prospective employee coming from out of town for an interview. On the other hand, if you are on a tight budget, I don't think you can do any better. I am impressed that the staff monitors these reviews and takes the time to reply. Within the limitations of the price, I have no problem recommending the Days Inn. If you have a pet and don't especially want to sneak it in and risk the maid finding it when you are away, and refuse to pay $150 for a room and then another $150 for the pet, you have no choice - you will end up there.

If the staff reads this, Fluffy and I thank you for an enjoyable two days.

Room Tip: Don't accept a low number, they are a two mile walk to the elevator.