“This was one of my worst stays”

Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 12 November 2013

All of the ice machines were broken, so I was told to go the kitchen on the ground floor to get ice, I was on the fifth floor. The Wifi, did not work in my room so again all the way to the ground floor to use internet. Then late in the evening on my last night, the toilet broke. The maintenance man was unable to fix it. I had to put my hand in the tank and fix the plug every time we needed to flush or move rooms. I did not want to move rooms that late at night on my last night. I asked to speak to the manager for a refund and was told he would not be in until 1pm. I was leaving town at 11 after check out. They asked me to leave my email and I never received anything.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tanya G
Yogi P, Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

First of all I would like to Apologize for any inconvenience you might of experienced during your stay at our Days Inn. We appreciate you letting us know how we are doing and were improvements are needed. We strive to make your stay here affordable and pleasant. We would like to see you again. Please give us a call for future reservations

Reviewed 6 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle L

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The rate I thought was ok but learned that the price I was quoted changed and went up $20 in the middle of my stay. The bathrooms were old, smelly and small. The beds were horrendously uncomfortable. Any noise outside your door or down on the street you could hear clearly even on the 5th floor. The only good part was the breakfast except they offered the same thing EVERY morning. Overall disappointed and will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank tmnoble
Yogi P, Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

We strive on affordable rates and would like to say we are Under new Management and we are making changes . We think you for your feedback for areas that you say need improvement. We do hope to see you again at Days Inn

Reviewed 30 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Quinyonna R

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were in Columbus Georgia visiting our son. The only thing nice about the room is the price. One of the first things we saw was a huge roach in the room. which means we had to be very careful with our luggage, the vent in the bathroom had dirt hanging out of it And a big rust stains down the back of the toilet. Definitely would not be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Yogi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you’re experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn in Columbus Ga. Our Success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time and let me know where improvement needed so that we may continue to maintain high standards. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. Please call us at 706-322-2522 when making your reservation.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Yogi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nice price, difficult check in/out process, breakfast doesn't allow you to sleep in at all, the electrical sockets didn't Work, the bathroom was the most spacious part of the room and the ceiling in the bathroom wasn't staying in place. Not to mention the traffic is so bad you could hear every car That passed the hotel. They need to insulate the property better.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience your experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn in Columbus Ga. I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the hotel during your visit. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time and let me know where improvements are needed. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Columbus Marriott
Columbus Marriott
#17 of 47 in Columbus
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 1
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Been to Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown? Share your experiences!