“Quality, Variety, and Enjoyment!”
Review of Meritage

Meritage
Reserve with OpenTable
Meritage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 564 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W 11th Street
Description: Our goal at Meritage is to offer one of the best dining experiences in the greater Columbus area in a warm, friendly atmosphere. For every day to special occasions, for lunch to upscale casual dining, Meritage has something for everyone. Come taste the experience at Meritage. Share our passion and join us at the table.
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I truly enjoy the food, wine and service at Meritage. I have now been 7 times over the past three months while down on business. The quality of the food is exceptional and the selection of small batch wines is a true joy. From the meats to the seafood to the chicken I have yet to have meal that I did not rave about. The portions can be as small or as large as you like. Simply put, the food is high quality, the variety is good, and the depth of the offerings are great. I recommend this restaurant for those that enjoy a good wine pairing with an exceptional salad, dinner and desert. I travel all over and this restaurant is a real gem!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Had never been here and heard mixed reviews. It was not crowded but service is slow. The food was very good but we both thought the portions were way too small and prices are fairly large. We didn't bother with desserts weird choices so left and went to Krispy Kreme which by the way is rated higher than here. Doubt if we will return. Epic much better.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

...point to the menu blindly and it will not disappoint. There is nothing on the menu at the Meritage that is not a pleasure to the taste buds. The staff, Faye and Chef Ashley are the only bright spot on the corner of 1st and 11th now, they are always a pleasure and go above and beyond for everyone when they can. I've been to other restaurants that delivered less than the overly used internet prefix to "fail" would suggest.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal here over the weekend. The food was fantastic and the service was stellar. The prices were very high for what we received. Particularly, the wine at this restaurant is very over-priced. The layout of the dinning area is very close so there is little privacy. Also, the floors are all concrete, so it is very noisy and difficult to carry on a conversation. Again, we enjoyed our experience, but will probably never go back because what you receive and the environment itself is not worth the price tag.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Overall it was a lovely experience. The wait staff was slightly over attentive but very friendly and helpful. The owner was tip top...she was quite impressive on many levels. Her knowledge of the wine and food as well as her natural ability to make you feel at ease, immediately made me want to make reservations for our next visit. Our appetizer, the bruschetta, was light and delicious. I ordered diver scallops that were perfectly seared and quite large as well. I did not care for the brussel sprout, potato and beet medly that it was served on however. The bitterness of the sprouts
was overpowering. I look forward to dining with them again soon!

Been to Meritage? Share your experiences!