“Try The Duck” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meritage

Meritage
Reserve with OpenTable
Meritage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 551 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W 11th Street
Description: Our goal at Meritage is to offer one of the best dining experiences in the greater Columbus area in a warm, friendly atmosphere. For every day to special occasions, for lunch to upscale casual dining, Meritage has something for everyone. Come taste the experience at Meritage.
“Try The Duck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I liked just about everything about this restaurant. The location, atmosphere, and the food.

On a recent trip to Columbus I was did a google search for nearby restaurants and the reviews for Meritage were excellent. Me and my party decided to give it a try and all of us were more than satisfied with our choice.

I had the duck breast. If I lived in Columbus I would eat the duck breast every time I went to Meritage.

Visited March 2014

Columbus, Georgia
“Pricey but good. Good service but slow coming....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have mixed reviews about this restaurant and waited until I went back again to make sure it wasn't just a fluke the first time around. The food is not your "normal" menu, there are some real unique and colorful items on the menu which is really nice to see, but they are pricey and although neither my husband and I are not big eaters the portions are not generous at all, it was just enough for us to clean our plates. (which I guess is good as we didn't waste anything)

Make sure you bring your conversation with you as the service is slooooow. I understand we aren't at McDonald's but there were only two other couples dining that evening so I would have thought our food would have come to us in a more timely manner. I must say though, once it did arrive it was cooked to perfection and very tasty.

They have an extensive wine and drink list and our martini's were very good.

I think this is a restaurant where couples would go (as we did) for a romantic moment and they could do a little better spacing out their tables to offer that privacy and or intimacy.

Because of the lack of that intimacy factor and the slow service we will probably not be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lilladymo
Bradenton, Florida
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Who knew this gem of a restaurant is only a few blocks from busy 280?! When it became too late to continue on home to Florida, we decided to stay in Columbus for the night. Meritage did not disappoint. The bar is well-stocked, the wines were many and varied, and our dinner was delicious. Staff was very nice and personable. From now on, we may have to plan to cruise through Columbus around supper-time!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MariaGator
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great wine bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I dined at the bar. It's located in the main dining room. The owner was very knowledgable about wine and spirits. The bartender's appetizer recommendations were on target. The menu is varied: from steak, to seafood, to vegetarian dishes. The dessert I chose was wonderful. I plan to be a regular.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank James C
Columbus, Georgia
“INCREDIBLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Had the pleasure of going to Meritage last night for the first time. This place is wonderful.
We shared a cheese plate and Pinot Noir. The wine selection was one of a kind. We sat at the bar and had a conversation with the owner. She is very personable and possesses a world-wide knowledge of wine.
Would recommend this beautiful restaurant to anyone and everyone that desires an amazing dining experience.

• Visited February 2014