“Big Columbus Diappointment”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Guntersville, Alabama
“Big Columbus Diappointment”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I travel frequently with our two dogs. We purposely seek out Staybridge Suites because they are so pet friendly. This was the first time at the Columbus GA location and it will be our last. We stayed two nights and had numerous complaints, which I will list the biggest ones (but not all) here. First of all, for a “pet friendly” property the pet area was nothing but a small green patch on the side of the back parking lot. Neither TV remotes worked and after two times going down to the front desk to exchange them the first day, the second day the clerk came to the room to fix them. The worst and unacceptable issue was the water and plumbing – the first night I took a shower but after 15 minutes of letting the water WARM up (it never got hot) I got in the tub to take my shower and half way thru it turned cold and the water did not drain from the tub - so I was standing in water taking a cold shower….!!!! We were told the maintenance man was not on duty at night to call back in the morning. The next day – STILL NO HOT WATER – we were told the maintenance man called out sick. The new clerk was more helpful from the previous night’s clerk, she even came up to our room and snaked the drains so water would drain from the tub. But STILL NO HOT WATER!! To make a long story short – stay away from the Columbus GA locations of Staybridge Suites. Give other locations a try, especially if you have pets. Most are extremely pleasant and relaxing, the opposite was true of our experience for the last two days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jgporch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear jgporch,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was with them for 5 weeks, the staff was extremely helpful and always had a smile for me. My room was clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfasts were very good. I will always check here first before attempting to stay elsewhere. I wish I could remember everyone's names, but I recall Natasha, Nicollet, and Kiki at the front desk were all superb in assisting the guests as they came in or by... Thank you all!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David S
amanda h, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you David S for your Amazing Remarks about the Staybridge Suites Columbus Fort Benning.

The entire staff strives to make each of our guests feel right at home. We take pride in knowing that our extended stay guests are comfortable their entire stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on and tell them to keep up the great work.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The staff were so polite and go out of their way to make sure that your needs are met. Just to highlight a few employees, Luis and Kristy were awesome. These two employees made sure that I was well taken care of and did their very best to make sure that my stay was comfortable at StayBridge. They really made me feel like I was at a 5 star luxury hotel. Two thumbs up for their amazing customer service. Every business should have more employees like those two. Just to add, I will be recommending this hotel to everyone that I know and will be visiting again very soon.
Thank you Staybridge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jessica r
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The staff at Staybridge were more than friendly. During our short two weeks in Columbus, the staff treated us moreso like family than anything. Southern Hospitality at it's finest. We will definitely be coming back in the future. Thanks to the staff at Staybridge!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve M
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed THU-MON. Arrived around 3pm and waited forever for someone to arrive at the desk to check us in. A Manager and Desk Clerk arrived in the middle of a discussion and completely ignored us until they were done. We had two rooms. One room had dirty dishes in the dishwasher, no dishsoap, and the ice maker in the freezer didn't work. The second room smelled so sour we had to open the windows and the carpet was so stained it was disgusting. We had black mildew around the soap dish in the bathtub too.

On THU when we arrived 3 of the 4 business center computers were broken, when we left on MON all three were still broken. We asked for our ice machine to be repaired. We were told "a lot of them do not work" . It was looked at and deemed unfixable. One elevator was down SUN & MON as well.

The breakfast lady (and I use the word lady loosely) on Saturday was crabby and mean.. She was like Hitler, We were afraid to get a second glass of juice. She would be right over your shoulder fixing things the minute you put something down, lifted something up. We watched her treat a man very rudely for coming to breakfast in his barefeet. She chewed him out right from the start instead of politely asking him to put on shoes. It was uncalled for. The breaskfast lady MON was delightful. We weren't afraid to enjoy breakfast that day.

Most of the staff was ok, as long as you addressed them first. They were not about to be the first to speak to you. It is such a shame this hotel is so poorly taken care of. It's a great location and could be the best in town with all it's amenities. It's not anywhere we will pick again. Defintely not worth the $130/ngt we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank boonutsmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear boonutsmom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the assistance of Ms Sherry Payne and the staff. I was impressed by the tasty food, the friendliness of everyone during and after check-in & checkout. Althrough constuction was being done at the time. I thought the overall appearance was beautiful. The room I sleep in was truly amazing. Made me want to almost move in. I look forward to my future visits to this location. Best in Columbus

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Curtis C
spencer ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Everyone was every nice and easy going, I stayed here for 6 weeks and could not have asked for a better place to stay.
Sherry in the kitchen was a real sweet heart and so was Nicolette at the front desk.
I would have to say everyone was very nice and I hope to see them again some day.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter and they over look the pool area