“hotel in columbus,georgia”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kissimmee, Florida
“hotel in columbus,georgia”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I am absolutely delighted to have chosen to stay at this hotel. The front desk person, her name is Nicolette was very knowledgeable and made us feel very welcomed, after many hours of driving in bad weather. The manager was very helpful and gave us great information about the area.

We would recommend this hotel to any family travelling to
Columbus.

EW

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HW0801
amanda h, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you HW0801 for your encouraging comments about the Staybridge Suites Columbus Fort Benning.

We take pride in all of our guests feeling like family and right at home from the time they arrive. Nicolette is a valued member of our team and she has shown time and time again that she is willing to go above and beyond for our guests. I will be sure to pass on the kind comments and tell her to keep up the great work.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time your in Columbus Ga.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stay here several times a year. The quality never diminishes. The staff are all awesome from the manager, food service, housekeeping to the front desk staff. Monday through Thursday they have happy hour where you can enjoy free food and drinks. We love the media room, outdoor fire pit and bbq area. It does not matter which floor plan you chose each one has a kitchen. Perfect for short or long stays. It is located next to a variety of stores and restaurants. Love this place. We will continue to stay here when we are in Columbus.

Green Features: Love the fact that they allow you to "recycle" towels and have a modified house keeping schedule.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you SimmondsDL for the Amazing Comments about your experience at the Staybridge Suites Columbus Fort Benning.

We take a lot of pride in knowing that our frequent travelers feel at home every time that they visit the Staybridge Suites. We strive to maintain a very consistent level of performance and quality that all of our guests have come to expect. I will pass on your comments to the entire staff and tell them to get up the GREAT WORK.

florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed in Columbus, GA to catch the Fantasy in Lights show at Calloway Gardens. We stay exclusively IHG properties and are Platinum Elite members in their club. The rooms were spacious (we had king suites), clean, and ideal for what we needed for the night. We usually stay Holiday Inn Express and I was used to their breakfast items, there selections for breakfast were not as large, but were adequate and the food was kept well stocked and the coffee full and fresh. The only problem with the stay was the internet, I could only connect for a few minutes at a time before getting kicked off. I like the room size here and would stay here again if we find ourselves in Columbus , Georgia again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you Devilstowerwy for the kind comments in regards to your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites Columbus Fort Benning

At Staybridge Suites we are consistently updating and upgrading to keep delivering our guests the best experience possible. I do apologize about the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay and we will address that immediately. We hope that you will give us another chance to make it right the next time your in the area? Thank you again for your helpful comments and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This place needs better management!

One elevator grinds and vibrates so bad that my bed and the walls were vibrating. It was never shut down for repairs or consideration for the people trying to sleep!

The desk chair in my room was nasty! It was picked apart and had the cushion showing! You think they would replace. Photo attached

Stayed there for 2 weeks and the hallways were never once vacuumed! I walked over the same debris through out the hallways everyday!

Not a lot of parking! If you go out at night you most likely will be walking a good distance to get inside.

Outside of that it's a nice hotel. It's a little pricey for a place that doesn't run the vacuum!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you John D for the constructive comments about your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites Columbus Fort Benning.

At Staybridge Suites we strive to make all of our guests feel right at home in a clean comfortable environment from the time they arrive to the time they depart. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. We have addressed your concerns with the staff and can guarantee that this is not the standard for the Staybridge Suites Columbus Ga.

If you ever return to the area we hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay right. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Guntersville, Alabama
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I travel frequently with our two dogs. We purposely seek out Staybridge Suites because they are so pet friendly. This was the first time at the Columbus GA location and it will be our last. We stayed two nights and had numerous complaints, which I will list the biggest ones (but not all) here. First of all, for a “pet friendly” property the pet area was nothing but a small green patch on the side of the back parking lot. Neither TV remotes worked and after two times going down to the front desk to exchange them the first day, the second day the clerk came to the room to fix them. The worst and unacceptable issue was the water and plumbing – the first night I took a shower but after 15 minutes of letting the water WARM up (it never got hot) I got in the tub to take my shower and half way thru it turned cold and the water did not drain from the tub - so I was standing in water taking a cold shower….!!!! We were told the maintenance man was not on duty at night to call back in the morning. The next day – STILL NO HOT WATER – we were told the maintenance man called out sick. The new clerk was more helpful from the previous night’s clerk, she even came up to our room and snaked the drains so water would drain from the tub. But STILL NO HOT WATER!! To make a long story short – stay away from the Columbus GA locations of Staybridge Suites. Give other locations a try, especially if you have pets. Most are extremely pleasant and relaxing, the opposite was true of our experience for the last two days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jgporch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear jgporch,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was with them for 5 weeks, the staff was extremely helpful and always had a smile for me. My room was clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfasts were very good. I will always check here first before attempting to stay elsewhere. I wish I could remember everyone's names, but I recall Natasha, Nicollet, and Kiki at the front desk were all superb in assisting the guests as they came in or by... Thank you all!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David S
Thank you David S for your Amazing Remarks about the Staybridge Suites Columbus Fort Benning.

The entire staff strives to make each of our guests feel right at home. We take pride in knowing that our extended stay guests are comfortable their entire stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on and tell them to keep up the great work.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The staff were so polite and go out of their way to make sure that your needs are met. Just to highlight a few employees, Luis and Kristy were awesome. These two employees made sure that I was well taken care of and did their very best to make sure that my stay was comfortable at StayBridge. They really made me feel like I was at a 5 star luxury hotel. Two thumbs up for their amazing customer service. Every business should have more employees like those two. Just to add, I will be recommending this hotel to everyone that I know and will be visiting again very soon.
Thank you Staybridge.