“Overall, really nice hotel”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. The room had a couch, dvd player, and full kitchen (w/out stove). This hotel is conveniently located close to a movie theater, target, publix, and several restaurants.

Cons: Housekeeping did not clean my room until after I called the afternoon of my 3rd day, however management was extremely apologetic and immediately sent someone to clean my room. I traveled with my pup, and wished there was a designated area for dog walking area.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 July 2009

We are back to visit my son at Fort Benning for the second time.The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are neat, comfortable and very clean! It is in a great location. I would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2009

From start to finish the experience was enjoyable. I booked our stay the day before we arrived in town. We arrived very late but were greeted by the night staff. We had requested a crib but the note had not been put into the booking but the night staff had no issue with bringing a crib to the suite.

The suite itself was immaculate and the view very nice. All sleeping surfaces were very comfortable and clean. The kitchenette had real dishes and appliances. only 1 bag of coffee but also had a selection of teas. The only downside was the building materials while nice and obvious quality were not quite what you would expect. One of the closet doors was disjointed and looked as if it had been cut too big and forced to fit stuff like that.

The pool and jacuzzi were located outside and looked nice. Breakfast was a nice hot meal with many selections and one of the staff was always straightening or cleaning.

Parking was a bit more fun in that we went to drive around the hotel and found the drive did not go all the way around the hotel and there were no signs letting you know. There were many restaurants and businesses nearby and standing out during the night time I did not see anything to suggest it was a bad area to be in. Parking lot was well lit.

All in all it was well worth the 140 paid to stay in the room we had since we had a suite with a separate sleeping area for the children. I would likely stay in other hotels in theis chain for future business trips or personal stays if they are anything like this for single nights or long stays.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I was lucky to find this Inn. 10 Minutes from Fort Benning. Shopping and eating nearby. Hotel Staff go out of their way. Breakfast as good as any restraunt.

If you stay there, you will like it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ksrems
Reviewed 15 January 2009

I was completely impressed with this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful, and seemed to enjoy interacting with the guests. Hotel was very clean and amenities were better than most. Great breakfasts and wonderful evening socials. Bed was very comfortable. Again, really can't say enough good things about the staff - everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the hostess Liz was very friendly and obviously eager to make the stay memorable. Also, hotel is located in better area of Columbus, so lots of nice places to eat and shop right around it. Very easy to get to Ft Benning as well.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mizzoutank
Reviewed 7 December 2008

I can make this short & sweet. Great place to stay. Location is near a shopping area, so there are many choices for chain style restaurants. Downtown is a short drive.
Very clean & simple, & everyone was very friendly

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJJTRAVELS
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We had five rooms at this hotel, 4 for 1 night and 1 for 2 nights. The staff was extremely helpful, the lobby is very warm and inviting, the rooms were super clean, very large (we had king suites), and one the best things I can say is - it was very quiet. One of the biggest pet peeves I have about staying in hotels is that it is very hard to sleep late. But in this room I heard nothing until my wake up call (which came exactly on time). I never heard a sound from the hallway, other rooms - nothing! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and will be looking at this chain first whenever booking rooms around the country.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JustDucky923