“Nice, new, safe property but hard bed”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Americus, GA
“Nice, new, safe property but hard bed”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here after a late football game in Auburn. We got a senior rate on a king suite and our final bill was $119. This is a very nice property in a very safe section of Columbus: not too far from the big shopping and restaurant development. (There's an IHOP right next door.) Everyone was nice and we didn't require any help with any issues.
The king suite room was large with a couch and refrigerator. The bathroom was also spacious and clean.
My only complaint is about the king bed that was hard and had 4 regular sized pillows. My last hotel stay had the "home style" beds so I guess I was just disappointed when I sat on the bed and it didn't give much.
So if you like a hard bed, this is a 5 star hotel, but if you like a little softness it's a 4.5.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dallas
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed here twice for two events at Fort Benning. There's another Holiday Inn Express just outside the base - but this location offers greater access to restaurants and shopping. Aisha at the front desk was helpful both trips when we needed to print boarding passes. Breakfast was fresh, hot and not over-crowded even though the hotel was totally booked. The military discount was generous. Our soldier loved the IHOP next door.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy W
Panama City, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I want to thank Herman D. for my wonderful breakfast every morning and Max for the great food and drinks at night. These 2 guys are expectional. They were so friendly and professional. I hated to leave, I just enjoyed every time I was around them. The Front Desk clerks were friendly and really helpful. This is our 2nd stay at this motel and both times it was exceptional. Our room was always clean when we got back in it. Your hospitality was wonderful. Thanks to all!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My family and I were in Columbus for a funeral and in the confusion when checking out I left my wedding behind. I called them on the next day on the way home praying someone found it and turned it in. The staff did and fed exed it to me. The hotel is wonderful too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We checked into the hotel Friday afternoon, and it was exactly what we expected. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. However, we left our room at 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning, and returned at 3:30 p.m. to a room that had not been cleaned. (And no, we had not left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door.) When I called the front desk, I was told that the cleaners were still making their rounds. Noone ever came to our room that day. We finally went down to the desk to get fresh towels. This is not what I expected from the hotel that carries the TripAdvisor # 1 rating in Columbus.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Islander20
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed in this hotel while attending to family estate issues. The building appears fairly new and public areas were clean. The room was new, clean, well appointed, and everything worked. There was sufficient light to read in bed, and multiple TV channels on a flat screen. The bathroom was of decent size, clean, and there was no trace of mold or mildew on the tile grout. There was sufficient linen, all appearing new. The shower curtain was new. Air conditioning was comfortable and easy to adjust with an accurate wall thermostat. Front staff was pleasant and check-in was easy. Even though my room backed-up to the elevator well, I didn't hear the elevator operating at any time. The free breakfast was ok, but not memorable compared to some other hotels with similar free breakfast setups. However, there is an IHOP next door for a good breakfast. The hotel is north of town, but is near the junction of several highways and access to the metro area is easy. Overall, the hotel met my expectations and I will definitely return when a need takes me back to Columbus.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank DaveFMFL
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Check in was so simply and easy! I'm a rewards member and got the bottle of water and they had me throw a dart at a dart board for extra points for my stay! I thought that was really neat and fun! Made me laugh even though I totally missed. I stayed for 3 nights 4 days and it was absolutely wonderful! No complaints what-so-ever. Staff was very friendly! King bed was soooo comfy! Which is really important to me! Went for my husbands Drill & Ceremony. Ft. Benning was really easy to get to. IHOP was right there which was great! Was close to everything! Would recommend to anyone! Nice view too!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple