Night of April 15, 2014 arrived at hotel for my son's Basic Training Graduation and the experience was less than we expected. The first room we was given, was not to our satisfaction. The office chair was in very poor condition. The vinyl fabric was worn and padding was showing. Also, the sofa bed had blood stains on the mattress, and the TV in the living room area was not working well. We asked for another room, which the staff was willing and able to accommodate for us. The second room was better, however, the cushions on the sofa was wet and had a stain. We were so tired at this time and the rest of the room was OK we stayed in this room, however we was not a comfortable as we expected especially for the cost of the room per night. The breakfast was good, nothing exceptional. However, when I was leaving the breakfast area, someone had spilled cookies or something up and down the stairs. I informed the front desk staff that the excessive amount of crumbs on the stairs. Staff stated she was the only one there at the time and had to wait for additional staff to assist her. Also, someone placed a huge amount of gum on the banister for the stairs and I almost put my hand in the gum, however a family member warned me. I informed staff of this as well. Also, that morning the fire alarm went off, which we was not informed of, and the noise was so loud for 20 minutes. We were told it was a test. This was the last straw. We checked out and went to another hotel which provided excellent service. I love to travel and look forward to my hotel stays. The staff was good and helpful, but the overall experience was poor. I also informed the staff that they need to share that this hotel needs to be refurbished. Also pool was closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at exit 3 off state road 80 at Bradley Park Crossing we are less than 3 miles from downtown, Columbus and only 6 miles from Ft Benning. Our indoor pool is a welcome oasis after a busy day exploring Whitewater rafting, Columbus State University, Coca Cola Space Science Center Springer Opera House, the National Infantry Museum and Columbus Convention Center, Columbus River Walk, Rivercenter for the Performing Arts, All of our rates include a complimentary cooked breakfast along with free wifi and business center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Columbus (Fort Benning)
- Country Inn & Suites Columbus (Fort Benning) Hotel Columbus
- Country Inn Columbus
- Columbus Country Inn