“Nice hotel, with minor issues”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning)
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Leesburg, Florida
“Nice hotel, with minor issues”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel itself is nestled in a medium sized shopping center. It was only slightly difficult to find the entrance. The hotel is well kept outside. The parking lot is a little on the small side and somewhat difficult to navigate with a large vehicle.

Stayed here this month on a multiple day trip. The lobby is inviting with it's wooden staircase leading your eye when you enter. There are free cookies, water, and coffee kept in the lobby most of the time, which is very thoughtful. Check in went as smoothly as possible and we were within the room in minutes.

The room was nice. Updated. Everything was well maintained and painted perfectly. The bed were nicely done and clean, if a little uncomfortable to me and my travel companions. Sadly, the cleanliness was slightly lacking. Upon arriving I broke out a UV light and glanced around, not finding much (there was a weird glow in the dark paint on one wall.. I dunno what's up with that) until I hit the bathroom, there was quite a bit of urine all on the front of the toilet dribbling along until it's on the foot. It seemed to not have been wiped in a while. Nit-picking, right? The parts of the toilet you'd actually come in contact with were clean.

However, the issues don't fully end there. The room was somewhat, kinda dusted. The housekeeper had dusted around the front of the television, but had not dusted behind in a long time (weeks in looked like to me). It wouldn't be so bad if it was somewhere you couldn't see, but it is plainly visible. Everything else was semi-dusted also. Looking behind things like the microwave cabinet showed enough dust to scoop up. The coffee maker was still full of coffee from the last tenant as well.

There were small bits of random garbage in the hallways and outside that were not picked up or vacuumed the whole time we were staying. Mcdonald's cup outside, bits and pieces of paper inside. Again, only minor issues, but I've stayed at places at half the cost without said issues.

The hotel breakfast, which I've never been a big fan of, was especially inedible to me at this hotel. I'm no bagged egg snob, but the eggs here are particularly flavorless and rubbery. The sausage was similar in flavor, in that there was none that could be described as good. None of the others items I tried were very well thought of, either. Be that as it may, I'm sure something here is edible to other people, as there were plenty of diners in the breakfast nook.

All in all, the area the hotel in is nice. The hotel well kept. Staff very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness mostly alright. The breakfast a personal taste. It could certainly be much, much worse than this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MichaelMGA
Jennifer R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning), responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on TripAdvisor. I must say, the detailed account that you provided us with has been the most helpful to our staff to fine-tune our operations! We have it posted in the break room as a daily reminder that you, our guest deserve to have a perfect room down to the tiniest detail! I'm happy that you were pleased with your stay, overall. I know that your fellow travelers will appreciate that you give "nothing but the facts, ma'am" in your reviews!

Jennifer Rice
Country Inn & Suites - Columbus (Fort Benning)
(706)256-6390

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The staff were very courteous, as well as the room being very clean. The breakfast was very good and the front desk person, (Jeanette) was very professional, courteous and helpful during our stay...I would recommend this hitel to anyone coming to Columbus. .....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! I'm so pleased that Jeanette and the rest of our staff here made your stay so welcoming! It's wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay in a nice, clean room. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very comfortable suite. Jeanette and the entire staff was very professional and accommodating. The commentary breakfast was nicely presented and very good with hot and cold items to choose from. Location close to many restaurants and stores making it the ideal location for our family. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! It's so nice to see that the staff and Jeanette made your stay so welcoming and pleasant! The free hot breakfast really starts the day off right, doesn't it?! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

As many others, we went with our team for a huge soccer tournament in Columbus (State Cup). The staff was amazing, and very helpful despite how hard it may have been. The rooms were exceptionally clean as well-everything looked just about new in our room. The TVs were great (2 in ours), and the furniture inside the suite were also clean and new-looking as well. They have a nice small indoor pool to go along with it, and all in all, it is a great hotel! I recommend it to any families and/or teams, especially since you get an "at-home" feel. Will come again for future tournaments!

Stayed May 2014
Go team! I'm so pleased to see that your team had a great time here. When families have tournaments to stress over, you need your hotel stay to be worry-free! Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and would love to see your team again in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for a few nights as part if a group. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I skipped the free breakfast and walked 2 minutes to Panera. Many stores are walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel has become a must stay for me and my family. I recently stayed at the hotel with my daughter and grand kids, The property was clean the staff was very friendly and nice the front desk person Gabby was fabulous. She was very helpful and attentive. the housekeeper Molly was also great my room was cleaned daily and well .. This was a very rereshing stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Georgia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was in town for business/leisure. We enjoyed our stay. Room was great and staff was very friendly. Breakfast was normal for what I expect from the brand. We used the pool the first night and it was relaxing. Gabby at the front desk was very helpful and nice. The hotel is located in a very convenient area close to downtown, the historic district, and CSU. There are great restaurants and shopping very close by. Also, it was really easy to get to and from the interstate which is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business