The hotel itself is nestled in a medium sized shopping center. It was only slightly difficult to find the entrance. The hotel is well kept outside. The parking lot is a little on the small side and somewhat difficult to navigate with a large vehicle.
Stayed here this month on a multiple day trip. The lobby is inviting with it's wooden staircase leading your eye when you enter. There are free cookies, water, and coffee kept in the lobby most of the time, which is very thoughtful. Check in went as smoothly as possible and we were within the room in minutes.
The room was nice. Updated. Everything was well maintained and painted perfectly. The bed were nicely done and clean, if a little uncomfortable to me and my travel companions. Sadly, the cleanliness was slightly lacking. Upon arriving I broke out a UV light and glanced around, not finding much (there was a weird glow in the dark paint on one wall.. I dunno what's up with that) until I hit the bathroom, there was quite a bit of urine all on the front of the toilet dribbling along until it's on the foot. It seemed to not have been wiped in a while. Nit-picking, right? The parts of the toilet you'd actually come in contact with were clean.
However, the issues don't fully end there. The room was somewhat, kinda dusted. The housekeeper had dusted around the front of the television, but had not dusted behind in a long time (weeks in looked like to me). It wouldn't be so bad if it was somewhere you couldn't see, but it is plainly visible. Everything else was semi-dusted also. Looking behind things like the microwave cabinet showed enough dust to scoop up. The coffee maker was still full of coffee from the last tenant as well.
There were small bits of random garbage in the hallways and outside that were not picked up or vacuumed the whole time we were staying. Mcdonald's cup outside, bits and pieces of paper inside. Again, only minor issues, but I've stayed at places at half the cost without said issues.
The hotel breakfast, which I've never been a big fan of, was especially inedible to me at this hotel. I'm no bagged egg snob, but the eggs here are particularly flavorless and rubbery. The sausage was similar in flavor, in that there was none that could be described as good. None of the others items I tried were very well thought of, either. Be that as it may, I'm sure something here is edible to other people, as there were plenty of diners in the breakfast nook.
All in all, the area the hotel in is nice. The hotel well kept. Staff very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness mostly alright. The breakfast a personal taste. It could certainly be much, much worse than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at exit 3 off state road 80/Bradley Park Crossing we are less than 3 miles from downtown, Columbus and only 6 miles from Ft Benning. Directions from Atlanta I-85 to Columbus to I-185, exit 10 to JR Allen Parkway (state road 80) , exit 3 (bradley park) . Turn left on Whittlesey Road. First right onto Rollins Way. Hotel is on the right. Our indoor pool is a welcome oasis after a busy day exploring Whitewater rafting, Columbus State University, Coca Cola Space Science Center Springer Opera House, the National Infantry Museum and Columbus Convention Center, Columbus River Walk, Rivercenter for the Performing Arts, All of our rates include a complimentary cooked breakfast along with free wifi and business center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Columbus (Fort Benning)
- Country Inn & Suites Columbus (Fort Benning) Hotel Columbus
- Country Inn Columbus
- Columbus Country Inn