“Quiet stay”

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Quiet stay”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed Thanksgiving day staff was very nice they even had their cafe open so we could get something to eat that evening and in the morning. Staff was very professional and rooms were clean and quiet. They had a print out of other restaurants that were open and even movie theater hours.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Very odd setup - screen door & glass sliding door which opened directly to the parking lot. Advantage: back the car up and unload straight into room! Funky part: having a door that opens directly to the great outdoors! Sliding door did have a floor deadbolt for added security. It's not a good or a bad thing - just something you should note - room number was 119 - facing the mall. Overall the room was average - bed was very soft - towels were worn, scratchy and needed replacement. Room was sort of clean. Tub had stains. A/C & heating was the kind of unit that kicks on and off - so you hear the compressor engaging and stopping - all night long. Lobby food prep was good and server was very helpful and accommodating. Checking in at 5 pm and the front desk had to check with housekeeping as to whether or not our room was ready. That struck me as odd since check-in time is 3 pm - so of course I was expecting the room to be ready - even with a late checking out crowd - which would have been 1 pm - I would still think rooms should be ready by 5 pm. Thankfully our room was ready - others in line - not so lucky. It was a Friday night so perhaps it was a fluke - i.e. business travelers leaving and personal / casual travelers checking in. No upgrade of any kind for being platinum - just a thank you for my business. I would have thought an offer of a bottle of water or something. I recently checked into another Marriott property and they provided me a split of Merlot and a cheese tray. So - overall the experience was average - nothing special. I don't think I would stay there if I was on business – it’s ok for a quick one night on personal time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I don't get the recent reviews concerning the Columbus, Ga. Courtyard. My 8/21-23 stay found this hotel meets or exceeds the standards you would expect from a Courtyard property.
The hotel is within a mile of I-185 and easy to get to. Adjacent to a mall, shopping and mutiple restaurants are within eye sight. My room was clean and quiet. All of the Courtyard employees were courteous and quick to respond to requests.
This hotel has a pool, hot tub, and at least 1 laundry facility.
I did not experience restaurant but it appeared to be busy the times I was in the lobby.

If you are a business traveller, and a frequenter of Courtyards this hotel will not dissapoint!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
atlanta
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#"><a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">hotel</a></a> does not have elevator or handicap access and this is unacceptable. My mother has a problem climbing stairs because of hip and leg problems. if all your first floor rooms had been booked we would have had serious issues. Your hotel should have elevator access or customers should be notified that is not an option.
There should be two processing clerks at the front desk. When I arrived, the young lady at the desk was on the phone assisting other people and she had people in line waiting to be serviced.
My sister's rooms were poor. The <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#"><a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">refrigerator</a></a> had food inside and on top. The bathroom was dirty and there was food behind their bed. Also, they did not have linen to place on the sofa bed and when my niece called down to request some they were rude to her. The <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#"><a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">air conditioner</a></a> was turned off on the second level it felt like 100 degrees on the floor.

Room Tip: Make sure hotel is handicap accessible also <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#&q...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Columbus_GA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your most recent stay with us. It is definitely our goal to exceed your expectation during your stay and I sincerely apologize about the cleanliness of the room and the service you experienced. When we hear about items like these I immediately share with our staff as a training opportunity. Thank you for letting us know. Without feedback from our guest we cannot improve. We have information on our website under accessibility to let guests know that we do not have elevators and we make every effort to accomodate guests with accessibility needs on the first floor. We look forward to your next stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbus.
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had. When I booked my reservation I requested a one bedroom unit, mean a private bedroom. I told the young lady that I have 3 adults and one child and I needed a private bedroom. She assurred me that I would recieve my request. When I got her I was given a studio unit. The room was very cramped for my family but we tried not to complain about. Maybe it was miscommunication. Well today we returned to the room to find that house keeping did not clean our room or bring clean towels. The front dest personnel Anthony ( she/he) and Ashley was not helpful at all. when I told them that we had not recieved housekeeping services. I ran into the houseman Jarvis Hamiltion in the hall and he brought me some towels and took out the trash. Very nice young man. I went to speak with the general manager Kiresten Raye who was not available and Ashely couldn't tell me when she would be available. NO SURPRISED!! I suggest spending your money at a hotel where the staff appreciates the guests and make you feel welcomed.

Room Tip: go some where else, these people don't appreciate their customers.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Alpharetta GA
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For a short stay, this was a convenient and clean stopping place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My credit card was overcharged about $12 after I received the final bill. I called and someone in accounting asked if I ate breakfast the final morning, insinuating this was an extra charge. Breakfast was included in my room rate, and was not charged the previous morning so why the last morning? This was bogus and an attempt to add on a few extra dollars hoping I would not look at my statement. After saying they would credit the card, there was no apology or nothing. Bad way to do business. There are other hotels in Columbus and I would definitely choose others that maybe have higher business ethics.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Herb O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
TownePlace Suites Columbus
TownePlace Suites Columbus
#27 of 46 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront

Been to Courtyard Columbus? Share your experiences!