“Good for a night's stay”
Review of Courtyard Columbus

Courtyard Columbus
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Orlando, Florida
“Good for a night's stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The trip advisor main hotel photo isn't accurate. It's not in an old downtown but by a Chevy dealer and the mall. There odd lots of fast good and causal dining nearby. It's a ten minute drive into the demotion for more options. It's standard Courtyard. I ended up in a room that has the adjoining configuration so there was only a chair and not a couch. It was weird. The workspace is decent and you can see the TV. It has the renovated new standard lobby.

I don't know why anyone questions the layout. This is what Courtyard layouts are unless the hotel was retrofitted. It's a big square with a courtyard in the middle. The elevator was Not convenient and really annoying; this I took the stairs. It's a clean quiet room. Make sure to get an inside room.

I would stay again but just for a night.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

I rely on the Internet for almost everything when I'm traveling. They have ibahn which is extremely slow. I could not watch movies or My TV shows from online. Could not use easily with laptop for work either. This is from their decision not to provide that service. I check with the front desk and ibahn. I stayed here over a week and have scheduled 6 more weeks in town this year. I am changing to the Hilton. The cross trainer is broken as well. The people were nice and the cafe is okay but I need wireless Internet and a good gym.

Stayed March 2013
Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here while working at Ft Benning for a few weeks.

Some may say that this hotel is too far from post, but really, it's 15 mins from getting in and out of your car. This is the area you would want to stay while in Columbus.

Hotel has a great bistro on site and has a very good menu that would surprise you for the small nature of the hotel.

Only dislike about the hotel is that it gets a lot of business on the weekends and the walls are pretty thin, and that the internet can get kind of slow at times. Those are truly my only complaints.

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jjcoop
Columbus_GA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear jjcopeland,

Thank you for the great review. We always appreciate feedback, both positive to continue inspiring the associates, and ways we can improve our service. This is a great area of town to stay in because we are adjacent to Peachtree Mall and a movie theater, as well as across the street from Columbus State University and the new bike trail/park. We are working on an internet upgrade that will increase the speed even when we are busy on the weekends. We hope to have this completed soon so that you will not have that expereince on your next stay. Thank you again and we lookd forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Benning.

Thanks,
Kiersten Ray
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel was in the middle of a renovation project at the time of my stay. Some parts of the hotel have been done and others waiting. Be warned there is no elevator so if you cannot do stairs ask for a 1st floor room. The hotel is 2 floors, I tried for the 1st floor but the rooms had not yet been renovated. So I opted for the stairs. Going up the stairs made me a tad nervous as the carpeting had not been replaced. It was dirty and torn - definitely in need of an update. However my room was quite nice and pleasant. The room was large, nice flat screen TV, cheaper amenities, lower wattage hairdryer, good shower and free wireless. The bed was quite comfortable and the room was quiet. The lobby of the hotel was identical to all Courtyards - little bistro area (breakfast available but not complimentary), The lobby had been done recently and was quite comfortable with small lounging areas around. I always like having the flight boarding passes computer/printers available in the lobby with links to all the major airlines.
The front desk staff was pleasant, and accommodating. This will be a top notch Courtyard when all the redecorating is done. It is quite convenient to the airport which is a nice plus. There are inner rooms that overlook the pool area and courtyard - quite pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Augcruiser
Columbus_GA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Augcruiser,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and excited to announce our renovation, from Sturbucks to rooms, is complete!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a personal review of our hotel and I hope that when you are in the area again that you choose to stay with us!

Yours truly,

Kiersten Ray
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed Thanksgiving day staff was very nice they even had their cafe open so we could get something to eat that evening and in the morning. Staff was very professional and rooms were clean and quiet. They had a print out of other restaurants that were open and even movie theater hours.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Very odd setup - screen door & glass sliding door which opened directly to the parking lot. Advantage: back the car up and unload straight into room! Funky part: having a door that opens directly to the great outdoors! Sliding door did have a floor deadbolt for added security. It's not a good or a bad thing - just something you should note - room number was 119 - facing the mall. Overall the room was average - bed was very soft - towels were worn, scratchy and needed replacement. Room was sort of clean. Tub had stains. A/C & heating was the kind of unit that kicks on and off - so you hear the compressor engaging and stopping - all night long. Lobby food prep was good and server was very helpful and accommodating. Checking in at 5 pm and the front desk had to check with housekeeping as to whether or not our room was ready. That struck me as odd since check-in time is 3 pm - so of course I was expecting the room to be ready - even with a late checking out crowd - which would have been 1 pm - I would still think rooms should be ready by 5 pm. Thankfully our room was ready - others in line - not so lucky. It was a Friday night so perhaps it was a fluke - i.e. business travelers leaving and personal / casual travelers checking in. No upgrade of any kind for being platinum - just a thank you for my business. I would have thought an offer of a bottle of water or something. I recently checked into another Marriott property and they provided me a split of Merlot and a cheese tray. So - overall the experience was average - nothing special. I don't think I would stay there if I was on business – it’s ok for a quick one night on personal time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I don't get the recent reviews concerning the Columbus, Ga. Courtyard. My 8/21-23 stay found this hotel meets or exceeds the standards you would expect from a Courtyard property.
The hotel is within a mile of I-185 and easy to get to. Adjacent to a mall, shopping and mutiple restaurants are within eye sight. My room was clean and quiet. All of the Courtyard employees were courteous and quick to respond to requests.
This hotel has a pool, hot tub, and at least 1 laundry facility.
I did not experience restaurant but it appeared to be busy the times I was in the lobby.

If you are a business traveller, and a frequenter of Courtyards this hotel will not dissapoint!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus
TownePlace Suites Columbus
TownePlace Suites Columbus
#28 of 46 in Columbus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus

Been to Courtyard Columbus? Share your experiences!