“Refreshing”

Courtyard Columbus
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“Refreshing”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

At the point of walking in to check in the staff was friendly. The hotel and rooms were clean, we were even upgraded to a suite. The only problem was the one day we wanted to go swimming the pool was closed for treatments. I just feel that could of been done either in the morning or at night after closing.

Room Tip: Downstairs, outside doors open up to the room. So you aren't walking through the hotel water. I
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I needed to find a Marriott property for a 2-night stay close to the Columbus Airport, and this Courtyard did not disappoint. The lobby is typical "new" Courtyard, the staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the Fitness Center is nice, and the Bistro has a number of good options -- I ate two breakfasts and a dinner there, and all three meals were great. The hotel is located close to the airport, and right next door to a large mall with plenty of dining establishments. My only (very minor) complaint is the bath towels - they were a bit on the "small & thin" side for my preferences. I won't hesitate to stay at this Courtyard again the next time I visit Columbus...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear thetreasurefine,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review of our property. We are appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm sitting in this hotel as I write this review. I've been trying to call the restaurant for over an hour and have been getting a busy signal. I decide to try the front desk.....busy signal. I try the operator....busy signal. I call the main number from my cell phone and no one picks up. I have to call Marriot Customer Care to get a connection for me with the front desk. But I still can't be transferred to the restaurant.....they have to send them a message. I'm in Columbus a lot and I normally stay at another Marriott property when I do. This visit has been such a huge disappointment. When I booked the reservation, the reservation center gave me our corporate rate and told me breakfast was included. I arrive on Tuesday and am told that the reservation center was wrong. I call back the reservation center today and they stand by my corporate rate including breakfast.

This was my first and last visit to this property.

Unhappy camper in #149

Room Tip: I suggest you look elsewhere is customer service is important.
Green Features: They are consistent with all other hotels in conserving water, laundry, etc.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Bernbuzz:

Thank you again for your comments regarding our hotel. We are disappointed that your stay was unsatisfactory. I have addressed your concerns with my staff and taken steps to ensure it will not happen in the future. The Marriott points we promised have been added to your account. We hope you consider us in the future and give us another opportunity. Please contact me directly if you have any questions.

Adrian Vinasco

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Woodstock
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was nice and clean and quiet. Only one ice machine, no free breakfast and the pool was closed. There were a lot of people there for a softball tournament and the girls were looking forward to swimming after a long day of softball but it was closed. We will look for a place with free breakfast and and open pool for the next trip. There was a Bistro for breakfast and dinner but it wasn't opened but a few hours both times, but they offered a snack area opened 24 hours.

Room Tip: No free breakfast and the Bistro was opened long in the morning. But they did have a snack are open...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear FDSJA,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience of not able to use our pool. We are currently renovating our pool and our goal is to finish the renovation by May 30th. We value your business and hope you consider us on your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Chennai, India
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My team and I spend nearly every week at this Courtyard for the second have of 2013 totaling over 500 nights. The hotel has been renovated and is always in excellent shape. The location is great, there is a more than adequate fitness center and a great variety at the bistro. Love the Starbucks coffee! The staff are friendly, attentive and professional. For a night, a week, or a month I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DBass0648
Adrian V, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear DBass0648,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your kind comments and your business. I have shared to your comments with my staff. We look forward to a continuous partnership.

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

the staff went out of their way with hospilality we were in town for a very sad occasion. sarah at the front desk was very nice and made us feel like she truly understood our situation.. most caring......krista is unbelievable ,she brought breakfast to our table , worked the front desk and later we saw her doing housekeeping.....always smiling and saying hope you are enjoying your stay and is there anything I can do for you .I offered her a tip she said" that is not necessary ". I left her one anyway..

Room Tip: ask for sarah, look for krista
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
covington, GA
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Checked in at 730PM, ready to crash for the night. The room was cold. I called the front desk...."keep on mashing the buttons and it will kick on." Nothing worked. Called back to front desk..."maintenance will be here at 9PM." I was cold. At 915PM, I called the front desk again and he was "on the way....would you like a free breakfast tomorrow morning?" He comes in, takes the unit off the wall and the batteries are CORRODED ! He went to get 4 more AA batteries, and the room eventually heated up, after about 30 minutes. And it was a small room too. I was very disappointed. I would think Marriott would have a better Preventive Maintenance (PM) program than this. Not having a maintenance employee available til late evening is sad. And it really gets me I pay $119 for the night, and they still want me to buy breakfast. I won't be back to this location.

Room Tip: You can just about park right outside your room. It's an old design 2 story hotel, close to a ve...
Green Features: They definitely believe in heat conservation because it wasn't working.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business