“Risky”

Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning
Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning
Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The only nice thing I have to say is, the people were friendly. Everything else is risky... Risky! The Roof of the bathroom looks like it was about to collapse on me while I was showering. We left to get food. Everything was going smoothly... Then BAM! We come back to a dirty, filthy, cruddy, foul creature was found in our room. A Roach. The sized of a man's fist. Bravely killed by my brother. I was disturbed but mainly disappointed by the poor cleanness of the room. Then, at breakfast. Not that many choices. The waffles were to frozen to be torn apart and put in the toaster. Had no type of protein to eat. I wasn't satisfied. This stay was plain out risky.

Room Tip: When you see this hotel... keep Driving till you pass it up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YoMama9934

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This was a clean and well located motel and the car park for guests was really handy as parking can get quite expensive otherwise. It was easy to catch the public transportation and the tram to and from. The rooms were clean and the street at night was pretty quiet despite a couple of bars nearby. For somewhere just to rest your head, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The rooms appear to be clean but aren't. I stayed in the room for two days & the room seemed fine but as soon as I got home a notice several outbreaks on my body. The bed was infested with bedbugs. I will NEVER stay there again. The housekeepers continuously walk in on you. I don't think this place can get any worse.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank DestinyJay
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our son rented two rooms for our family to share for 2 nights at this hotel when our grandson graduated from Ft Benning earlier this month. It was pouring when we arrived which didn't help, since the stairway to our room was closed, we had to use the one at the other end farthest from our rooms. Don't expect to go swimming in the pool, there was no water in it. Never did see the game room. Fortunately we didn't find any bugs in the room, but shady characters were plentiful. The continental breakfast was gone by 8:00. We were relieved to get out of there and head home. Never NEVER again!!! This place doesn't even deserve the 1 rating that you have to give to sumbit the review.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Its the kind of hotel that probably has an hourly rate if you know what I mean. We showed up and left immediately. Terrible neighborhood. Shady guests. Filthy rooms. Honestly I am surprised that kayak has it on its site as its that bad!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank akbound13
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband is currently awaiting orders, so we needed a place to stay within our BAH budget and that had good perks. We stayed at the ValuePlace down the street, and preferred this place more. Its a little outdated, but if you can look past that you will do okay. We didnt expect a 5 star place for $250 a week... But it has good cable, free wifi, daily housekeeping and breakfast. The beds are comfy, staff is friendly. The new management is doing well. - my only complaint is that I would prefer a more updated bathroom and newer carpet because the carpet in there is very old. Overall, we had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have stayed here a few times because of how close it is to Fort Benning, but the experience continues to get worse. Some rooms are OK, but some are nasty. The front desk staff are downright rude and they will lie to you. I needed a place that had Internet access for the work I needed to get done. I asked about their wifi BEFORE getting a room and they told me there are no problems with it. I paid for a room, got into it and tried to get on the Internet and it didn't work. I went back to the front desk and the SAME lady told me that they have been having problems all day. I asked her to refund my room and they told me since it had been longer than TEN minutes they would not. I asked her why she lied to me about the Internet and she said she didn't and refused to admit any fault or help me in any way. The next day when I was checking out, the manager told me that my computer was broken and that the Internet was fine... Needless to say, I will never stay there ever again after how I was treated and how gross my room was. Spend the extra $10 or $20 to get a nicer place with a clean room and customer service. Trust me.

• Stayed: February 2013