Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus GA
US$114
US$109
US$77
EconoLodge
Best Western Plus Columbus/ Ft. Benning(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$107
Comfort Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$73
All reviewsstandard hampton innan older hotelone night staycomplimentary breakfastclean roomseasy accessgreat customer servicehousekeeping staffyogurtcookiesgreat place to stayfort benninggafacilityratesftgraduation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2013

For some reason, when I booked the room, I thought I read something about it being just outside Fort Benning.

Well, if by "just outside" you mean about a ten minute drive, then I will sort of agree with you.

Check in was easy, and Lauren has just the bubbly type personality you want when you are chekcing into a hotel. She was welcoming and made me feel like I had made the right choice of my short two day stay.

We reserved two room with double beds and were given the rooms we reserved.

Note, there is no elevator in this hotel, so you will need to request a 1st floor room if you don't want to climb stair as you are loading and unloading your car.

One of our rooms had no heat, most of the buttons on the heater/air conditioner units were unlabled, so it was impossible for us to determine how to switch the unit from cold to warm air, so we just turned it off. We considered calling down to the front desk, but it was near 1am when we discovered it, so we just crawled into bed and slept with our hoodies on.

In the second room, one of the beds were lumpy. But of the four bed that we reserved for our stay only one of them seemed lumpy.

The breakfast bar was fully stocked with some goodies and it was a nice treat to be able able to just run down stairs for something nourshing and filling to get us started on our day. Juice, coffee, water, tea etc are all provided. You can also make yourself waffles.

Microwave, fridge and flat screen TV in all rooms. My only issue with the TV is there are like 5 ESPN channels, but I was unable to find TNT, Oxygen, some other channels.

Room Tip: No elevators, two story hotel, if you need a lower room, you will need to request it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about 2 times a month for the last three years. I was originally put off by the outside rooms, but when you have to lug in a computer, briefcase and luggage it actually makes it quite convenient to be able to park right outside your door. The rooms are clean; the beds comfy. The staff is one reason I come back again and again. When I first started staying in Columbus, I stayed in another hotel with inside rooms, but they kept messing up my reservations. Let me go back to the staff - they all know me by name and I know most of theirs (Jessica, Liz, Lauren, William and Janice - the breakfast lady! - sorry I know I am leaving out someone) are fantastic! The breakfast every morning is far better than that other place I used to stay. You have hot eggs with bacon; bagel bites (my favorite - bagels with egg, cheese and bacon bits); biscuits with gravy, but you also have oatmeal, waffles, cereal, yogurt. The Hampton Inn - Columbus Airport is my "home away from home" twice a month where I feel welcome, well fed and safe. The price is very affordable, you just have to remember it is an older hotel. I may have stayed in much fancier hotels, but I have never stayed in one more welcoming!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if steps are a problem, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed here for my son's graduation at Ft. Benning. It is about a 10 minute drive from the base right off of the highway. The rooms are very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful!!! The free breakfast was very well stocked and had variety and good food. The beds were comfortable and the rooms all have flat screen tv's, microwaves and refrigerators. Within walking distance to restaurants and stores. Very convenient. Would recommend this hotel !!! Very nice stay.

1  Thank 19Sharon89
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We always try to stay at a Hampton Inn or Hilton related hotels. This hotel is comfortable and the staff helpful and friendly. There are convenient amenities nearby as far as shops, starbucks etc. The beds are very comfortable and I especially appreciate the duvet covers so that they can be removed and laundered after each use rather than the typical bed spread that...well you know. Free breakfast in the morning is plentiful and tasty with homemade waffles, pastries and more. The only thing I wish they would change is the size of their pillows. They are way too little.

1  Thank Rose F
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was by far one of the best experiances I have had with a hotel in awhile. The staff was fantastic. Anything you needed was handled immediately. The cleanliness was outstanding. The breakfast was yummy and filling. Over all I would give it a 5 star!!! I highly recommend this hotel.