“Nice customer service but old, dirty rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice customer service but old, dirty rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here for over two weeks in April for a military event. The first room we went to upon checking in was small, the bathroom door didn't close correctly, the outlet covers were off and loose, we found multiple bugs, the shower didn't drain. Needless to say it wasn't what we expected. We told the front desk and they moved us without question to a huge suite and also gave us reward points for the trouble. Although this room was large, we had a lot of the same issues. Toilet ran, we found so many bugs everyday, walls were rusting and outlet covers were loose in this room as well. I expected more of a Holiday Inn. Wouldn't recommend this hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Megrock
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn on Manchester Expressway in Columbus, GA. First and foremost, I cannot apologize enough for the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us! The next time you are visiting in the Columbus area, please allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and provide you with a complimentary room. That is the very least we can do! I would like to personally oversee your reservation in the event we are granted this opportunity. Thank you for your kind consideration and feedback! Again I am so very sorry, that is unacceptable and will be discussed with upper management and addressed accordingly!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

I needed a hotel on the spot due to a soccer tournament near there. The prices of most hotels were increased quite significantly due to it. Holiday Inn is usually known for cleanliness, and it was no different here. The room was alright; it was small but had an HDTV. However, it had few electrical outlets probably since the building was older. It had old vending machines, and the nice breakfast wasn't complimentary, but all the staff was amazing. Overall, an overpriced yet decent hotel. There are many Pros and Cons, but I'd come back for half the nearly $150 price I paid.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn- Columbus, GA. We greatly appreciate all your feedback, both good and bad! If we do not know it's broken, we can not fix it, so again, thank you so much.

I have passed along your comments to upper management in regards to the electrical outlets, as well as the vending machinces. We (Holiday Inns) are often confused with Holiday Inn Expresses, who does have complimentary breakfasts. The only difference between the two is basically the Holiday Inns are full service, meaning we have restaurants and lounges, where the Expresses are Limited Service and do not have restaurants/ lounges.

We greatly appreciate you staying with us while in Columbus. Please know that we hope you will think of us first, should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area. Please contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation and I'll be sure we include breakfast in your rate! Thank you so much. We certainly hope to have the honor of having you as our guest for future needs.

“Decent but very clean!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 NEW via mobile
Lexington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I booked on-line and was pleased with the location and friendly staff. The hotel is clearly old and needs new beds- badly. There are no elevators. The TV did not work and the internet was not reliable. It is a good value for the accomodations provided. Just not up to the H.Inn brand I expexted when I booked the room.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
I cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and allow us to provide a room on us? I would be honored to personally oversee your next stay! Thank you for your kind consideration! We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the quality product and service you have come to expect and deserve from a Holiday Inn!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I've certainly stayed in posher places, (though this Holiday Inn has been recently remodeled very nicely in the last year), but rarely have I run into a more genuinely caring and friendly staff. I was particularly impressed with Jennifer in the dining room who went out of her way to make me feel welcome. Her customer service approach is one a lot of people could learn from!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Hotel and Jennifer! We are so fortunate to have the staff we have to provide the level of service you deserve! Please know we hope to see you should your travels bring you back to Columbus! We would be honored to have you as our guest again!
Bayside, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Went to my son's graduation at Ft. Benning. After reading the reviews on line I was hesitant to book a room, but I did because the location was good, close to the airport and the expressway.
I was glad I did, the staff was exceptional, quite friendly and helpful. I especially would like to point out John at the front desk, he went out of his way to help me.The room was clean, bed comfortable, breakfast was good.I was thankful for the computer and printer service, came in very handy.I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank roslyn j
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Joslyn,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and CONGRATULATIONS to you and your son on the graduation. You must be so proud of him! We greatly appreciate our troops and their families for all of the sacrifices made to insure our freedom! THANK YOU!

We are really glad that you took a chance and gave us a shot at accommodating your overnight accommodations. We also appreciate your kind comments on John; he is truly valued employee! We wish all of the best to you and your son and hope that you will stay with us again should your travel needs bring you to the area! Thank you again so very much for your kind comments! We hope to have the opportunity to serve your needs again!
Clover, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

It's an older property but they have recently remodeled it. Furniture/bed is fairly standard looking stuff but the wood headboard and the sheets on bed are nice. Nice touch is even though they don't have a nightstand lamp/radio with more plugins they did go to the trouble of wall mounting a power strip right between the wall/nightstand which more hotels should do as nowdays you usually have a laptop/tablet you're trying to charge while using on the bed as well as a phone you want on the nightstand next to you charging as well. So kudos' to them for doing that :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank IDONTWANNASCREENNAME
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind remarks! Though we are an older property, our Management Company/ Ownership has taken great care of the property, recently placing millions into the property for refurbishments. We will be sure to pass the word along regarding additional electrical outlets. We greatly appreciate your comments. It certainly helps to know our strengths and shortcomings so that we can address them accordingly. We certainly hope that you'll return to the property or refer us to friends or co-workers. Please let me know the next time you're in town and if we do not have extra outlets in place by that time, I would be honored to have the room ready for you and place a power strip in the room for your convenience. Please know we remain a call away!
naples fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We were there with kids in a sports function. It was very enjoyable and accomadating.
They were a very friendly staff. Our room was clean and comfortable. We would return again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. We would be honored to have your Team return the hotel for future tournaments! We greatly appreciate all comments, both negative and positive. These comments help us tremendously to know our areas of weakness or strenghts so that we can address them or give praise to our great staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future! Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to oversee your stay!