Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA
Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Los Angeles, California
“rude”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

i didnt even go the lady was so obnoxious on the phone. 'howard johnson express what do u want" and hung up before i was even finished... it was so sad the location is convient the hotel is plesant but sadly that lady scared me. over the phone none the less. it was early morning too. i didnt bother calling back or showing up, i found somewhere else to go in phenix city, cheaper and more plesant.... always soundy cheery on the phone and very help ful... thanks but no thanks to this place... what if i needed something important would she be rude to me all night? i didnt want to find out...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank clair a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I just wanted to say that our stay at Howard Johnson was so much fun. They gave us great service and hospitality. We really had all the comforts of home, internet, swimming, laundry room, and breakfast. Just wanted to Thank the staff for being so friendly and making us feel welcome from Texas. So Howard Johnson is our place to stay for our future vacations, thanks to your service. Sincerely, Vivian Cortez

Room Tip: Cleaned our rooms making them so clean and fresh smelling.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vivian C
Sylvania, Georgia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for the Miss GA Pageant week in June 2012 - Mom had read good reviews of this hotel on some sites, so thought the great deal offered (20% discount for greater than 3 night stay on HoJo website) as well as the location (less than 3 blocks from RiverCenter and uptown Columbus/Riverfront area) made this the perfect place to stay. The TV worked well, as did AC, and there was in-room fridge and microwave and free breakfast (which did NOT have many choices and only lasted until 9am) - that's it for the good points. The bad parts were: dirty carpet with "squishy" places that made you not want to walk on it, extremely small bathroom with lots of mildew on tub and shower walls and frequently variable water temperature that ranged from freezing to scalding, and a rubber band under the bed sheet on the mattress. My daughter and I went out and purchased small area rugs to place around the room so we could feel comfortable walking around in bare feet in the room, and we sprayed the shower/tub with spray-on bathroom cleaner. The room is in definite need of updating as well, but it would have been okay for the price IF THE CLEANLINESS ISSUES DID NOT EXIST.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LeeAnnS538
Anywhere USA
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I thought this was the hotel I stayed in 10 years earlier for the same reason but it wasn't. I was very dissatified with my stay. The carpet was dirty and so was the bathroom. I thought I was getting a good deal but I realized very quickly that you pay for what you get.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BButterCup
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Booked a room here last minute for my brother's 72 hr. pass from Ft. Benning. They have deals offered on their website on rates - got 15% off for staying at least 2 nights. The room was decent, pool was clean, staff is very friendly, free parking, free breakfast was ok and it's located within walking distance to the Riverwalk, Broadway shops, Coca Cola Space Center and several places to eat. Only drawbacks for me were the pool is locked until 10:00 am and there's really no other place to sit outside. And I noticed the room doors basically have to be slammed to make sure they're secure.

• Stayed June 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I had the misfortune of staying at this decrepit hotel two days ago. Although it is situated near to the wonderful Columbus downtown area, it is in serious need of a major upgrade. The AC did not work (it was 94 outside) and the smell in the room was horrible. The only plus was the incredibly friendly staff. Avoid this hotel at all cost!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Maybe it was because I didn't meet Shane like the other reviewers did. This is an older hotel in serious need of updating. It was relatively clean (although I did find a contact not belonging to me in the tub). The air conditioning didn't work that well but that's okay because it was a cool day. The bathroom is really tiny...thank goodness the sink and vanity are separate. The fridge and microwave are nice touches. The bed was fine. I actually got a decent night's sleep. Having a separate living room is good for space. I didn't get to enjoy the complimentary breakfast since I got up later. Free wifi is a bonus. Close to the riverwalk and restaurants in the little square area. This place is fine for staying one night...not sure I would want to stay there much longer. If they spent some money to modernize it would rate great, but I guess Shane makes up for it! Oh go to Ruth Ann's next door for your meals...excellent food!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NotGrlNextDoor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#29 of 46 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA? Share your experiences!