Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA
US$74
US$74
US$137
US$132
Value Place Columbus Fort Benning(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$51
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Cecil W, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The cost of the room versus the amenities offered wasn't comparible!! I booked this hotel for an over night stay prior to Family Day at the Military base. The hotel is a bit old and dated. The bed was comfortable, but the room had a musty odor. The staff was polite, but nothing above and beyond. They had a soda vending machine, but nothing for snacks. There were no perks for the high price I paid and besides telling me where my room was, the staff didn't really offer anymore details.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hello MsRayne and thank you for this review! I know normally no one would be too excited about a pretty basic not so extraordinary review but it was this review that gave me an idea. We have implemented guest call backs so that you, the guest can tell us how your room is or ask us any questions if any you may have about the area or things to do. We have also updated some of the information we have at the front desk to help provide information when needed. I try to encourage my staff to engage all of our guests so that each stay is special and this is just one of the ones I have tried to make that happen. I invite you back anytime and maybe you have some suggestions of your own? I would happy to listen just ask for me next time your down. Thanks again MsRayne and have a great day!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The room service was not good did nt clean the room properly or in a timely matter the pool was not working and full of lime the breakfeat needed more hot items like wafles and eggs my rion was nonsmoking and it smelled like cigarrets and the bathroom was the tinies bathroom ever will not be staying there never again

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hello Marieli C, I have some good news! Our pool is currently under reconstruction and we should have this place open and ready for swimmers within days! We will have it repainted, refilled and re-energized for summer! We have also revamped our housekeeping department with some of the most up to date cleaning materials and staff so that every room is handled with the best care we have available. Thank you Marieli C for your review and I hope to see you in the future as make our changes for this up and coming summer. I invite you back to see us and let us know what your thoughts are some of the things we have changed. May all of your travels be pleasant.

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The service was great the staff friendly but rooms were not clean at all. They need a new bug control man obviously. This hotel needs improvement. Good location tho! The suites were not worth the price. I would not reccomend this hotel overall.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank pamshell013

Pamshell013, it hurts me to hear these things said about our property and as much as I wish I could just brush past this and move on, I can’t. You know Pamshell013 I understand your disappointment and I can feel it in your words how much we let you down. It has been made my mission that we do something about these rooms and we do it now! All the way down to the pest control. Even though we are an outdoor entry property it provides no reasons or excuses for things like this and we have to act and act fast! We will begin researching new ways to handle our pest control department and we will begin renovating our rooms to include our suites and make sure that each you room you have here with us is a room that you can feel like telling friends back home about.

Reviewed 29 April 2013