“Pool would have been nice!”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA
Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 18 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Cecil W, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Reviewed 17 June 2013

For the low cost a great choice. Room was clean, good a/c, microwave, fridge, iron etc. Only complaint was that the pool was drained for repairs. Very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Cecil W, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had booked my hotel stay for 2 nights but only stay 1. I was still charge for 2 nights. As you can guess, I was very upset, because I thought I had booked the room through Howard Johnson Hotel Reservation. After speaking with Laura (the front desk clerk), she politely explain to me that Howard Johnson had only charge me for 1 night. I was not satisfied with her anwer because my bank statement showed charges for 2 nights.

I than requested to see her manager. When Cecil (the manager) came in, he could probably sense that I was a little ticked off. After I showed him my credit card statement, he carefully explain to me that I had book my stay through a travel agent not through their reservation service. The travel agent immediately charge card me for 2 nights, even before I checked in. Cecil advised me to see if could located the number that I had used to book the reservation, to see if they would reverse the charges. Fortunately, I was able to find the number. The agent call called HOJO and spoked to Laura. After speaking with her, he immediately put in a request to refund my card, he also gave me his agent number just incase I had farther issues with this transaction.

Long story short.....Laura and Cecil being polite, calm, courteous, while I was a little upset, made all the differents.

Thanks again Laura and Cecil

Frederick

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

mrquietstorm44 I am happy to see this review and I thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience with us! When traveling with so many options its too easy to get mixed up. But through my own experience I have learned some of the "ins" and "outs" of the industry and believe me if I was in your shoes I would have been upset too! This looks like Laura did exactly what she was supposed to do and that great! We try to encourage the team to always put themselves in the guests shoes and view the desk from the other side when there are any guest issues and this is an example that shows that has seemed to work. I thank you for this feedback and you are welcome back anytime mrquietstorm44. I wish you the best on all of your travels and please come back and see us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Columbus Marriott
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#29 of 47 in Columbus

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA? Share your experiences!