“Nice place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 10 June 2014

For the money this is a good place to stay. The location is convenient to Columbus and Ft. Benning, the rooms are clean, the staff is helpful and courteous, and it has a decent fitness center. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel and received EXCELLENT service and experienced PEACEFUL rest and relaxation while on business. I found myself leaving training and telling my fellow co-workers and classmates "I'm going home".
I especially want to thank the Housekeeping Staff. All were "happy" and "went above and beyond" with their great service and politeness during conversations.
Thanks to the excellent staff and service from all the employees, my stay was a "10".

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine/elevator, if possible (less traffic)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed in room 516 of this hotel for 2 weeks on business. The room was clean, with no traces of past guests, with older furniture, a blackout curtain that was an inch too short and didn't completely block out the light, and old yellow light bulbs in the entryway.
The bath/shower was unacceptable. They had placed a stick-on bath mat on the bath floor which had started coming up and trapping water in the tub while I showered. To remedy this I decided to just take it out, at which point I discovered why they had put it there in the first place...the tub floor was completely rusted and corroded. Instead of doing the right thing and replacing the shower/tub unit, the hotel staff just placed the $4 mat on there, I believe with the hopes that guests would never see the tub floor. That action is akin to placing a mattress cover over urine stains on a mattress, hoping a guests never sees it...completely unacceptable.

The hotel restaurant was overpriced, with the wait staff I encountered, not being personable and quite arrogant. I ordered something from there the first night I stayed at the hotel and it was supposed to come with asparagus but they gave me green beans instead, which is not close to being the same thing. I informed my waitress, who worked behind the bar, and she proceeded to tell me that it was supposed to come with green beans, and became argumentative with me, until I actually showed her the menu from the restaurant she worked in. She never apologized, just went to the kitchen and told them to get some asparagus out....needless, to say, I didn't wait around and did not pay for that meal.

This hotel needs a lot of work. Furnishings need to be updated, old bathroom fixtures need to be replaced, and the staff needs to receive detailed training regarding how guests should be treated when they visit. There are plenty of hotels out there....if a guest is treated like just a number, he or she will go somewhere else. I do not recommend this hotel and not will I return as a guest. This is by far the worst Hilton property I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kennyonline
CSGDTGM, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking your time and filling out the Tripadvisor Review. Your feedback is so important to us and helps us address issues our guests have. We care about your entire stay experience and I will bring your issues to our Team. Your unsatisfactory areas that you had mentioned with will be addressed. We will make it right and the room will be checked and just know, we appreciate you staying with us and want you to return for a visit with us.

Barbara Fuller
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times before. Very clean and comfortable bed and pillows. Always look forward to the warm cookies to settle you into the evening after a long travel. I have stayed with friends as well and we all love the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel is very nice, clean, conveniently located. I have only experienced a problem with the internet service company for that particular hotel, very substandard!!!! Other than that it was a pleasant stay. Personnel is kind and professional. The design is modern and essential. the pool looks nice. the parking is easy and abundant. The location was very good for me because located right at the access ramp of the interstate. there are plenty of eateries of any kind around it, including a nice restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for a soccer tournament and so, it seems, did most of the teams in the state of Georgia! The staff members everywhere in the hotel were terrific and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable. The number of guests, though, overwhelmed them. Check-in was lengthy, many rooms weren't ready by 4:00 in the afternoon, the breakfast buffet was messy, low on most food, dirty dishes on the serving line. The pool was great, the workout room terrific, laundry facility good, and GREAT cookies! Expensive for a negotiated team rate over Memorial Day weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Rooms are well furnished and clean. Pool was small but nice. Restaurant was mid range with a nice buffet and good outdoor seating (if it is not too hot in Columbus). Nothing special about the location other than it is just off the interstate.

Room Tip: Away from the Ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo