“Great Staff and Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Staff and Hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff is wonderful and are very attentive to your request and needs. I have never had a bad experience and have stayed at this location for seven separate weeks this year. Its a home away from home.

Tim

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Daphne, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I always try to stay here whenever I travel to the area. It is always comfortable & the staff is very efficient, friendly and helpful. Having the restaurant/lounge right there where I do not have to go back out once I check in is also a big plus. The location is very convenient to the airport, hospitals and shopping. The only thing that is a little of a problem is actually finding the hotel when coming from the airport exit. You can see the hotel, but there are no additional signs telling you where to turn and when you come in from the west there is no sign showing until you pass the hotel. Needs some signage at the west entrance to the property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Nashville, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

For the money this is a good place to stay. The location is convenient to Columbus and Ft. Benning, the rooms are clean, the staff is helpful and courteous, and it has a decent fitness center. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

College Park, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel and received EXCELLENT service and experienced PEACEFUL rest and relaxation while on business. I found myself leaving training and telling my fellow co-workers and classmates "I'm going home".
I especially want to thank the Housekeeping Staff. All were "happy" and "went above and beyond" with their great service and politeness during conversations.
Thanks to the excellent staff and service from all the employees, my stay was a "10".

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine/elevator, if possible (less traffic)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Portales, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed in room 516 of this hotel for 2 weeks on business. The room was clean, with no traces of past guests, with older furniture, a blackout curtain that was an inch too short and didn't completely block out the light, and old yellow light bulbs in the entryway.
The bath/shower was unacceptable. They had placed a stick-on bath mat on the bath floor which had started coming up and trapping water in the tub while I showered. To remedy this I decided to just take it out, at which point I discovered why they had put it there in the first place...the tub floor was completely rusted and corroded. Instead of doing the right thing and replacing the shower/tub unit, the hotel staff just placed the $4 mat on there, I believe with the hopes that guests would never see the tub floor. That action is akin to placing a mattress cover over urine stains on a mattress, hoping a guests never sees it...completely unacceptable.

The hotel restaurant was overpriced, with the wait staff I encountered, not being personable and quite arrogant. I ordered something from there the first night I stayed at the hotel and it was supposed to come with asparagus but they gave me green beans instead, which is not close to being the same thing. I informed my waitress, who worked behind the bar, and she proceeded to tell me that it was supposed to come with green beans, and became argumentative with me, until I actually showed her the menu from the restaurant she worked in. She never apologized, just went to the kitchen and told them to get some asparagus out....needless, to say, I didn't wait around and did not pay for that meal.

This hotel needs a lot of work. Furnishings need to be updated, old bathroom fixtures need to be replaced, and the staff needs to receive detailed training regarding how guests should be treated when they visit. There are plenty of hotels out there....if a guest is treated like just a number, he or she will go somewhere else. I do not recommend this hotel and not will I return as a guest. This is by far the worst Hilton property I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kennyonline
CSGDTGM, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking your time and filling out the Tripadvisor Review. Your feedback is so important to us and helps us address issues our guests have. We care about your entire stay experience and I will bring your issues to our Team. Your unsatisfactory areas that you had mentioned with will be addressed. We will make it right and the room will be checked and just know, we appreciate you staying with us and want you to return for a visit with us.

Barbara Fuller
Guest Relations Manager
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times before. Very clean and comfortable bed and pillows. Always look forward to the warm cookies to settle you into the evening after a long travel. I have stayed with friends as well and we all love the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Gainesvill, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel is very nice, clean, conveniently located. I have only experienced a problem with the internet service company for that particular hotel, very substandard!!!! Other than that it was a pleasant stay. Personnel is kind and professional. The design is modern and essential. the pool looks nice. the parking is easy and abundant. The location was very good for me because located right at the access ramp of the interstate. there are plenty of eateries of any kind around it, including a nice restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business