“Unfriendly and filthy”

Super 8 Columbus Airport
Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“Unfriendly and filthy”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Never again will I stay in a super8. I had 2 reservations for Memorial Day weekend. One room I has to prepay to get it as cheap as I did. The second room I reserved it for a couple of friends of ours. We arrived at the hotel and the hotel told us they never received my prepayment for our room. So they weren't going to give us a room. My husband had to pay for our room for the second time and when he paid they charged him twice. After speaking with the manager, they gave us a room. The room we got was not what we paid for at all. We paid extra to have a nicer room with a refrigerator and microwave. Neither of which were in our room. We were on the third floor and our a/c didn't work. It was 90+ degrees that weekend. We went 2 of the 4 days we were there without showers because housekeeping would not bring us towels. And I asked on 4 different occasions. Finally the third day we went and bought some towels so that we could shower. Our last day there they brought us 1 towel to share between the 2 of us. Oh and the wash cloth they brought us had black curly pubes stuck in it. Our room was filthy. It looked like someone tried cooking drugs and hid the mess under our bed. It was a nonsmoking room yet there were black and mild wrappers the other bed in our room. There was what looked like dry shaving cream all over the walls of the shower as well as black hairs. There is no way our room was cleaned before we checked in. I came down to Columbus to spend the weekend with my husband who is currently training at Fort Benning. With Columbus being a military town we assumed the businesses in the area would be great to us but super8 certainly was not. After $600 and 4 days in that hell hole, we will not return and I will be sure everyone I know knows how bad our stay was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Miranda P
Himanshu D, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
To Miranda P,

On behalf of the Super 8 at Columbus-GA, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us this month. I really apologize for the inconvenience suffered by you.

As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Taking the time out of your day to fill out this survey means the world to us and is the key to our success here at the Super 8.

We appreciate your survey. We appreciate customer like you that give us chance to improve by giving your feedback. Thank you so much again for taking time to fill the survey. It helped us greatly to know where we failed you. We had meeting with our staff this morning and we addressed all the issue that you brought to my attention.

We do want to make a great stay for you, next time you are here with us. If you have any further questions, comments, suggestions or if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more memorable, we would love to hear more from you. Please feel free to contact me at the contact information listed below at your convenience.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again

Himanshu Desai,
General Manager,
Super 8, Columbus,
GA - 31909.
PH - 706-322-6580

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have never completed a review as my time is too precious to be spent on something that will probably have no effect. This should be an indication of how bad our experience was with the Front Desk personnel
.Never have I experienced such rude service. Front desk personnel need to be reminded that this is the "Hospitality" industry.
There was nothing hospitable about our experience with Shannon

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Jack P
To Jack P,

On behalf of the Super 8 at Columbus-GA, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us in April. I apologize for the inconvenience suffered by you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Himanshu Desai,
General Manager,
Super 8, Columbus,
GA - 31909.
PH - 706-322-6580

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Terrible review. Last stay in January part of the ceiling fell on my head, the manager gave me 23 dollars back and told me I would get a free night the next time...well I also had no towels the entire stay they kept telling me they didn't have any clean ones. They put me in a so called upgraded room that smelled like mildew and the floors were disgusting...terrible housekeeping. Then I called to schedule my stay bc I was going to give them another chance but the manager told me she didn't tell me she was giving me a free night but she would give me an employee rate of 25 dollars for one night. I had to stay in town so I just said ok and reserved the room via reservation line. When I got there they had put someone else in the room we had reserved. So again they said they would give us an upgraded room. It was nasty it stunk and even the maintanence man said so, and the fridge didn't work so they moved us to another room we settled for it but the room was filthy. Floors nasty toilet was not clean, dust everywhere, and the manager told me I could not have a cup of the free applejuice even though last time they said it was ok and wasn't just for breakfast. I would never recomend this place to anyone and some of the staff is rude. I will not ever stay again. Oh and there were white stains on the comforter that I took a soapy rag and got off.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Krystle B
Marlissa C, Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire hotel staff for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to Columbus Georgia. I have shared your feedback with the hotel department heads to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.