“Disgusting”

Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Sidney
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I looked for the cheapest and got what I paid for. I will say that maybe the little 6 legged creature I ended up sharing my room with might have coughed up its half of the room rate. The people were friendly enough but I certainly would not recommend this place to anyone. Pay the few bucks extra and get into a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Randy W
Himanshu D, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
To Randy W.,

On behalf of the Super 8- Columbus, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us this month. I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered.

As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Taking the time out of your day to fill out this survey means the world to us and is the key to our success here at the Super 8.

We appreciate your survey. We appreciate customer like you that give us chance to improve by giving your feedback. Thank you so much again for taking time to fill the survey. It helped us greatly to know where we failed you. We had meeting with our staff this morning and we addressed all the issue that you brought to my attention.

We do want to make a great stay for you, next time you are here with us. If you have any further questions, comments, suggestions or if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more memorable, we would love to hear more from you. Please feel free to contact me at the contact information listed below at your convenience.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again

PH - 706-322-6580

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Never again will I stay in a super8. I had 2 reservations for Memorial Day weekend. One room I has to prepay to get it as cheap as I did. The second room I reserved it for a couple of friends of ours. We arrived at the hotel and the hotel told us they never received my prepayment for our room. So they weren't going to give us a room. My husband had to pay for our room for the second time and when he paid they charged him twice. After speaking with the manager, they gave us a room. The room we got was not what we paid for at all. We paid extra to have a nicer room with a refrigerator and microwave. Neither of which were in our room. We were on the third floor and our a/c didn't work. It was 90+ degrees that weekend. We went 2 of the 4 days we were there without showers because housekeeping would not bring us towels. And I asked on 4 different occasions. Finally the third day we went and bought some towels so that we could shower. Our last day there they brought us 1 towel to share between the 2 of us. Oh and the wash cloth they brought us had black curly pubes stuck in it. Our room was filthy. It looked like someone tried cooking drugs and hid the mess under our bed. It was a nonsmoking room yet there were black and mild wrappers the other bed in our room. There was what looked like dry shaving cream all over the walls of the shower as well as black hairs. There is no way our room was cleaned before we checked in. I came down to Columbus to spend the weekend with my husband who is currently training at Fort Benning. With Columbus being a military town we assumed the businesses in the area would be great to us but super8 certainly was not. After $600 and 4 days in that hell hole, we will not return and I will be sure everyone I know knows how bad our stay was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Miranda P
To Miranda P,

On behalf of the Super 8 at Columbus-GA, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us this month. I really apologize for the inconvenience suffered by you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again

Columbus
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have never completed a review as my time is too precious to be spent on something that will probably have no effect. This should be an indication of how bad our experience was with the Front Desk personnel
.Never have I experienced such rude service. Front desk personnel need to be reminded that this is the "Hospitality" industry.
There was nothing hospitable about our experience with Shannon

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Jack P
To Jack P,

On behalf of the Super 8 at Columbus-GA, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us in April. I apologize for the inconvenience suffered by you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.