Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was a last minute booking, but i'm real picky about the hotels I stay in, and when I got here I wasn't expecting this at all. The only good thing about this trip was we got there late to check in so we got to check out soon and the front desk lady was very friendly. Other than that, the bathrooms were questionable, there were cigarette burns in the comforter, the beds were solid as rock and the room I was provided was right next to the highway. By far the worst experience at a hotel and worst sleep i ever got. Would not recommend this place to ANYONE, unless you truly don't care where you lay your head down at.

Room Tip: My tip for travelers is if you value where you stay, DO NOT stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that we were not able to provide you with a comfortable place to stay. Please accept my apology. To uphold our company's high standards, we have been upgrading our bedding to better accommodate our guests. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I invite you to contact me, at cap@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The staff was helpful and friendly, but the room was dingy and in need of some TLC. There was stains on the walls and curtains. The towels in my nonsmoking room smelled like cigarette smoke. Definitely not what I had in mind when I booked the room. I have had great experiences at other Extended Stays in the past.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to the friendliness of the staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about the the cleanliness issues. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on focusing more attention the things mentioned.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CAP2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We are PCSing from Washington. As a family of 6 this can be expensive. I wanted to be able to still cook for my family while being in a safe and comfortable environment. We have used Extended Stay before for a PCS so decided to use it again.
This experience was not pleasant. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were below standard.
There was a bleach stain on the carpet. The stove was old. The microwave was dirty. The bathroom sink looked like someone dug out around the drain. The shower was dirty. There was a hole in the blanket from burns. To top it off my husband saw a roach.
We left as soon as the Sleep Inn had a suite available.

• Stayed: December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about how wonderful the staff was; however, we apologize that cleanliness of the room was not up to your standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we will improve on the training of the housekeeping staff and the inspecting of our rooms moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CAP@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel/ motel was terrible. The toilet did not work when I arrived and no one came to fix it until the next morning. The internet never work at all, and the room had a funny smell. I am glad I was there without the family. I would not stay there if I had brought my family with me. It reminds me of a truck stop hotel/motel. I was suppose to stay for three days, but I cut it short.. I ask to be refunded because nothing work, and they said they could not....I thought the customer should have been satisfied.. I will never stay here again or recommend this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we were not able to repair the toilet in your room in a timely manner. We do take pride in being diligent in correcting problems that a guest may have, and I'm sorry we failed in doing so this time. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will try to have a quicker turn around next time an issue arises to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our internet . I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CAP@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I would say this is a motel not a hotel. The "lobby" is an area you are able to walk into from the outside. The hospitality clerks are behind a countertop. They were efficient enough as far as check in. All rooms are entered from the exterior of the building.

I will say even though the "hotel" was full it was quite. We didn't hear others above, below or beside us so that was nice.

There were network issues with using the wifi on more than one occasion. The first time I called the gal said they would see if resetting a modem would help. I waited quite awhile had to call back told they hadn't been able to get to it yet, I asked for a courtesy call back when they had accomplished resetting the modem, the call never came. The next night when I needed to use wifi it wasn't working again I called and was given some 877 number I didn't even bother with.

One morning I walked in to get some coffee, there was some sort of discussion between employees taking place that should not have continued in front of a guest. Very unprofessional.

Some of the linens had stains on them and there were some minor maintenance issues with some peeling material in the kitchenette area, and cracks in the bathroom sink, no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

The kitchenette has the bare minimums, one fry pan, one pot, 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 glasses, 2 coffee mugs, 2 knives...etc.

Overall I suppose for the price point it is what should be expected. Grab and go breakfast offered in the lobby, fruit, instant oatmeal, coffee, muffins.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies that the WiFi was not working properly, the linens in your room were unclean and for the way our staff was behaving behind the front desk. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning standards and I am coaching the entire staff on how to act when visible to guests.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CAP@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place is a DIVE. The toilet didn't flush, air was not on so room didn't cool down until 3am. WiFi never worked even after call to front desk. Saw a drug deal going down as the elevator doors closed. Room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled horrible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am actively working on a process to be able to recognize maintenance issues and get them reported, so that they can be dealt with before the guest arrives at the hotel. As well, please know, our hotel does not condone illegal activity of any kind. A situation was reported to us and we immediately took action, ensuring the safety of all of our guests. I apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at cap@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were very impressed with staff. Our room was not available for the first night. Management went out of their way to find us a room at another hotel just around the corner. Stayed at ESA the second night. Rooms are older but clean, area was quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Angie - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasurable stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding how well the staff took care of you. It brings us joy knowing that we were able to make such a good impression with a valued guest, like yourself.