“Comfortable and clean hotel”

Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Worth, Texas
“Comfortable and clean hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel over the summer. It was very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. The price was very reasonable. The service was also great. The continental breakfast wasn't A+, but it was decent. Great hotel for the value and it's cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Good Morning Mrs.Softface,
Thank you so much for the great review. We love to read experiences from previous guests.
We hope next time you are in the Columbus area you choose to stay with us.
Thank you!

Brandon Mack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel was recommended by my son's recruiter. I booked it 2 months before my son's graduation. He said it fills up fast. Well I paid in advanced not refunds and no cancelations to get it a the cheapest rate. I was really worried of what I was staying in. That being the price was SO CHEAP. I have always stayed in Hilton, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, and etc. Never nothing like this. The night I got there the lady at the front desk was very very nice. My room was nice and clean and smelled clean. (not what I expected) The towels were new. The beds were cozy. The pool was nice. The laundry room was ok. Only at the breakfast one day out of 4 because we had other obligations. Over all the hotel was very nice for the price. The TV's need to be updated.
BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF!!! OUT OF THIS WORLD FRIENDLY, POLITE, WELCOMING, AND I CAN GO ON AND ON. I like to have extra towels when traveling with my youngest son. And I like to drink coffee. The first day I left a note if they could leave extra towels and coffee each day. They did and EVERYDAY AFTER THAT without asking everyday. My room was cleaned everyday and smelt so good when I got back each day. I enjoyed my extra coffee. The housekeep staff (I think she was the lady in charge) saw me everyday and asked if there is anything I need or want and asked how my stay was going. I have NEVER EVER EVER been treated so nice at a hotel before. This will be my only hotel I will stay at when I visit my older son in FT. Benning. Don't let the outer of the building worry you. Don't judge by the cover its the inside that counts. Thanks for a great 3 nights and 4 days.

Room Tip: Get the downstairs in the middle or back much more quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie t
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Mrs. Laurie! Hey there, excited to see your name with a review and so soon after your departure, Thank you!
We work very hard to keep the right postive attitudes around us, its contagious.
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our front desk, clean room, cozy bed, the pool, price & value and most of all our House Keeping team.
They are a imperative asset to our hotel and sometimes overlooked. Thank you so much for mentioning them. They will be rewarded due to your acknowledgfment.

We look forward to seeing you soon.
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We initially booked our hotel off hotwire (Days Inn, Veterans Pkwy) and when we got to the initial hotel it was so bad we left and called Econo Lodge. Although this is an older hotel it was very, very well kept. The rooms were spotless and the staff were wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was to die for. We asked for a smoking room and I was surprised the room didn't smell like smoke. I've stayed at much more expensive hotels and the smoking rooms smelled so bad I couldn't stand it. The breakfast was more than I expected with sausage, eggs and waffle maker. I liked that it was close to the base and the museum and that there was a large gas station next door to get pop and munchies. If I am ever in Columbus again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Mrs. Brandi,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
I can tell from your detailed comments that you travel often and stay in many hotels.

I hope you make your way to Columbus to stay with us again, we'd love to have you.
Thank you again!

Newberry, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Tyeisha showed us the rooms before we checked in. Very clean, staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast was hot and good. Being close to road there was not any traffic noise. Very impressed, will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Jackie,
Hi there thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel here at Ft. Benning.
We love to hear compliments on our staff and we thoroughly enjoy reading that you had a wonderful stay with us.
We hope to see you again!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I came to the Econo Lodge after arriving a day early and the Hotel I was reserved to stay at for the next 5 nights was full. Will was at the front desk and with a bubbly personality sold me a room and asked if I would consider staying for the entire week. I said I'd consider it and by the following morning had decided I did not need to go anywhere else as although the facility is older, it was immaculately clean, the water pressure was wonderful, the fridge and microwave was great, breakfast was yummy and the salt water pool was a treasure. It was also very close to the Main Gate of the Base so I was perfectly content for the entire week. Will also gave me a Tourist guide of where to go in the area and is how I picked my restaurants for the entire week.
I am very appreciative of Will's wonderful customer service skills and he is an asset to the Management of Econo Lodge at Fort Benning. Every other employee I met was pleasant as well but if it were not for Will's sales skills I would have gone to the newer hotel the following day.
I plan to stay at this hotel if/when I ever need to travel to the Ft Benning area again in the future. Thank you.

Room Tip: My room was downstairs on the end. I had no complaints, the AC was not loud and I didn't hear a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Mrs. Kim,
Thank you for the wonderful and thorough review you left us. You seem to have covered every aspect of your stay and I appreciate that.

Thank you for your very kind compliments for Will. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned he is an asset to our company. He truely is a staple and a essential aspect of our guest's over all experience.

We hope to see you again!

Taberg NY
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The room had holes in the wall,it was clean,not what we expected,the breakfast bar couldn't keep up with demand the sausage was cold,it was located close to Fort Benning which made it convenient,.I personaly would stay somewhere else next time,but in a pinch the Econo Lodge would do Some of the amenities were missing from the room which we had to request. The staff was very helpful,but the room should have had everything in it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Mr. Warmstro,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
It sounds like we did not reach your satisfaction 100% and I apologise for that.
I appreciate you bringing these actions to our attention as well as bringing to attention our attributes such as our close proximity to Ft. Benning and our helpful staff.

Your review was fair and honest. I'd love to chat with you about your staff over the phone to learn your room number and what faults we can improve on. Please feel free to call the hotel at
706.682.3803

Have a Wonderful Day,
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I came to Columbus for a family reunion, I must admit I was a little skeptical to stay there at first but to my surprise I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were very clean and everyone went out of there way to treat us like family. I will be returning next year to the Econo Lodge.

Dear Mrs. Samantha,
Thank you for leaving us such a nice review. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time staying with us.

We are a smaller hotel so it really gives us the chance to treat everyone like family and I am glad you felt that way.

Hope to see you soon,