“Great People”

Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I came to visit my boyfriend on his leave from Ft. Benning. The hotel was close and served its purpose. The staff was amazing though. The ladies at the front desk were funny and the manager Brandon even carried my bags to my room for me. Everyone there is so nice and I had a wonderful stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Mrs. Amy,
Thank you so much for the kind review. I remember carrying your bags for you, you were a delight and I look forward to your next visit. Thank you for also mentioning our ladies at the front desk!
Hope to see you soon,
Brandon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Morris, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent two nights while attending graduation ceremony at Ft Benning. We had all that we needed to be comfortable. Setting was clean and quiet and as advertised- Closest to the Fort
main gate. The breakfast had all you could want to eat or drink.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back are quieter and away from the traffic noise of Victory Drive.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Windell,
Thank you so much for taking to to review your recent stay with us here at Econo Lodge.
I appreciate you rating your stay with us so well, thank you!
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Close to base. Area looks sketchy but noticed motel has policies in place to deal with. People friendly, treat you like family. Thank you Temeca (sorry if I didn't spell your name correctly). PROS: let me check in earlier than 3pm (room was ready). Clean room and everything in room at my fingertips. Super soft towels, tissue holder (great for tidying up and cleaning smart phone). VERY comfortable bed. CONS: Walls are paper thin. Breakfast quality: eggs did not look or taste like eggs. Need to add other items: hot oatmeal AND real condiments (not that fake stuff you had out): butter/brown sugar/syrup, fruit, Splenda and drinking water (not just hot water for tea).

Room Tip: I was in the back facing the storage units.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review.
I appreciate your candid and very honest review of our hotel, the good along with what we can improve on. I hope you decide to stay with us again!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

WE stayed at the Econo Lodge for my brother's graduation and we were greeted with a warm smile from Stephanie, she went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay including finding dollar stores to restaurants. Whenever we came into the lobby she was always eager to assist us. She made our stay at your lodge a pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon K
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Mrs. Sharon,
Thank you for the wonderful review. I appreciate you letting us how much of a delight Mrs. Stephanie was during your stay. Mrs Stephanie is a blessing here at Econo and some how finds away to touch every guest.

Thank you for the review & hope to see you again soon,
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Econolodge by Ft Benning is extremely close to the fort, to Commando's, and to food. The main issue is getting back on I-185 to get to more civilian life, because the exit is closed off right there on Victory Drive---though I could get on Victory Drive. I had to go into the city a little to get back on that interstate.

The breakfast is mediocre, the floor of the room was very dirty (I probably shouldn't walk around in it without shoes though), and the only channel that came through on the TV was the kids' channel. However, the room was a good value, there were plenty of towels, the beds were clean and very comfortable, there was a fridge, a microwave, and the free internet was fast. The noise level was minimal. Also, a nice employee (Synthia) offered to help me pack my car (I was toting my child and heavy suitcases). Apparently she hadn't checked in for work yet, so she said she was just waiting around.

Overall, I'd come back.

Room Tip: I got a room in the very back, next to the forest line and farthest from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda W
Mrs. Amanda,
Thank you for the extensive review. I can appreciate you bringing our highlights as well as your honesty while reviewing us.
Thank you for mentioning Synthia, she is a staple here and alwasy goes out of her way even while off the clock. These things sometimes go un announced. Thank you for mentioning.

Perry, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Thanks for a pleasant two night stay for my brother and me. We were glad to be so near Ft Benning for my grandson's graduation. The prices were reasonable for the location. The staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were so clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast, especially the orange juice and coffee. The coffee in the room was good also, and you even had decaf. You're doing a GREAT JOB and it shows! It's so REFRESHING to actually stay at a motel that does everything that you hope they will do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank djanem2001
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
djanew2001,

I am happy to hear you and your brother were able to make it up for your grandson's graduation.
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us while here.
Thank you for mentioning everything you enjoyed about our hotel while staying with us. We work hard for positive impacts on our guests and your review is a great reflection, thank you.

We hope to see you soon,
Vernon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I recently had a very bad experience at a different hotel and happened upon this one; we asked to see a room and was immediately taken to a suite (they only had suites left to rent out). There were only 5 more rooms available so we took the suite hoping that we would have a peaceful night's sleep. We were on the end of building two and were both surprised at how quiet the room was, especially since the hotel was almost at capacity. Brandon C. at the front desk was wonderful; he even got us a better deal than what we were originally quoted. We will certainly be going back to this hotel when we visit the Providence Canyons again!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite on the first floor of the second building; loved it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy W
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Tracy W,
Thank you for your positive review!
I'm glad you were able to stumble upon us and give us a shot. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay in one of our suites here.

Thank you for mentioning Brandon at our desk, he is a delight to have here. He will be compensated your your terrific review. Thank you!

Have a Great Day,