“I had awesome individuals taking care of me and my family at econo lodge. Thank you.”

Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the minute I stepped in the hotel lobby, smiling faces were welcoming me into the hotel. They were exceptionally courteous and understanding. The room was really clean and the beds were among the most comfortable. Thank you to the employees working at the lodge. You guys were great.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Rickybobby0
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you Rickybobby0! Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A pleasant surprise. An older hotel with great clean rooms! Free WIFI, hot breakfast a good plus. The employees made all the difference. Always helpful with good attitudes. Helpful and easy to talk to. For maybe 5.00 bucks more than the other.."value" brands you get a cleaner safer environment with a good breakfast and close to Fort Benning. Totally worth it. Will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Casman2014
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for the time Casman2014, your review is important to us as it determines many different things we do here, breakfast, WIFI, furnishings AND rate! I we take all of the input we receive from our guest to ensure that we are providing a service that meets all of their requirements and then some! Pointing out that we may need to reevaluate our rates makes a difference, you make a difference! You and other guest like you are why we do it and with your input we will continue to do it better and better. Thank you Casman2014 and come on back to see us!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

At first glance, a traveler wanting to stay really close to Fort Benning may overlook this seemingly small, older-looking Hotel despite the bright color and "EconoLodge" sign out front. However, the Reservation desk, is welcoming, and they have several rooms right in the front with easy access to accommodate handicapped & non-smoking guests! The Breakfast area was clean and well-stocked with an assortment of foods and beverages, with convenient service hours. Then I saw my room! It had older-style furnishings, but could accommodate a wheelchair even in the bathroom if needed, with a shower chair and long-handled showerhead. The room was immaculately clean and the King-size bed was more comfortable than beds I've slept on in several years! To make it all the more charming, on top of the bed loaded with pillows was a special little pillow embroidered with "Sweet Dreams" on the front. There was even a hairdryer and extra blanket already provided--with a beautiful display of even simple towels and washcloths. I could tell right away that the staff really cared that I enjoy my stay and feel "at home" there. I would appreciate you thanking the staff for me again. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms have large comfortable beds, and under-window air units that won't blow di...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Colleen B
Thanks for your review Colleen B! I can't say it any better! Appearances can be deceiving indeed! We have been trying to tell people that for years now! When you come to town for a graduation or for business or just to visit Fort Benning you want Comfort, quality and Value, that's what we have based our whole game plan on! I'm glad to have you as a guest and im even happier to see that our property was able to give you all that you would expect and then some! I ask you to come back and be sure to let us know again how your stay goes. Its your input that determines what we do. Thanks Colleen B.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel the staff made sure everything was to my standards. I appreciated their concerns to make sure that I have a comfortable stay and peaceful night. The desk clerk there name Stephanie was very attentive and courteous and had a beautiful smile. I'm real observance when it comes to customer service because I deal with people on a everyday basis because of the type of job I perform. My room was very neat and clean including the bathroom. Another thing I did like about this hotel is the small amount of traffic of room guest which allowed me to have a peaceful night of sleep. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and the staff was awesome.

Room Tip: Corner suites seem to be more private and quite. It seems like you're the only one on that end...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JazeeC
Thank you so much JazeeC for taking the time out to review our hotel! I'm glad to see that it looks like Stephanie took good care of you! I will make sure to recognize her for a job well done! I will also be sure to extend this out to the rest of the staff because without their service we couldn't provide the kind of experience you would expect from a property such as ours. Thank you JazeeC and I invite you back again in the future!
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and I have never been disappointed. Cecil, Tomako, Stephanie, Donna, and the entire staff are all outstanding and make me feel welcome and like family every single time. It's always like coming home. Keep up the great work I will be back again and again.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank dedicatedArmywife
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hello dedicatedArmywife and thank you for your response! Your kind words do this team well! Kind words like these are what makes the days go by here at Econo FB. When a guest arrives at the door (or on the phone) they are at that point and time our responsibility to ensure that every moment at our property is the best! This is by no means to say we are perfect but just to read this or to hear someone say something like you have here, is truly what we are in the business for. Thanks again dedicatedArmywife and safe travels.
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing stay here! Tamako was fantastic recommending places and making sure we were taken care of. Taeisha was equally great checking our room daily to see if we needed anything and just to say hi. These ladies made our stay wonderful!!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Iliana H
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much lliana H for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and staff! I cant tell you how much it means to hear such good things about the staff here at the Econo Lodge Fort Benning. When traveling things can be hectic and unexpected changes can turn things around in the blink of an eye! That's why we are all encouraged to recognize our guest and make sure they are happy, that we have done what we can to make every stay a great one. Thank you again and safe travels!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stopped at Ft Benning to see friends on the way home to KY. It was an ok place to sleep, but the price certainly was worthy of a much nicer hotel. Nothing wrong with the place if it were $49.00 a night, but much more is over priced. (If it were priced at $49.00 a night, it would be a four star hotel!) I think they take advantage because they are the only game in town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for the review pwife9819. I can assure you that we will utilize this feedback and take this into consideration at our next meeting. We try to have are rates set at an economical rate that is set with our guest in mind and its your kind of feedback that aides in accomplishing this. Again I thank you for staying and taking the time out to let us know what you think about our property. I wish you well in all of your future travels!