“Great place to stay while in Columbus, GA.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Econo Lodge for my son's family weekend pass at Fort Benning. Needless to say we were very impressed with the room and service. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were clean, the pool was nice, and they have a very impressive continental breakfast. A special shout out and thank you to Tyeisha. You are not only courteous and like your job, but you are a very caring individual who went over and above to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. God bless you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you Tonya S for your review on our property! we hope to be your home away in any of your future travels to the area. I will also make sure that Tyeisha is recognized for truly going ABOVE and beyond. We are actually undergoing some new renovations so maybe next time you see us we'll be the IMPROVED Econo Lodge. Thank you again ma'am.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Location PERFECTright at the Main entry to Fort Benning!! Price PERFECT, Breakfast DELICIOUS! Our room was musky, unfortunately it was adjacent to a room full of smokers who I think were living at the hotel with their children, no fault of the hotel. We were forced to get additional neutralizing air freshener from the store because of this, after getting home all of my belongings had this smell to them, it dampered our stay a bit. The pool was nice, not sure if anyone was keeping the chlorine high enough, one day crystal clear, after a full day of sun and 20 bodies it was as turbid (cloudy) as turbid could be. We weren't getting into a bath of bodie oils and skin cells, ewww. The head housekeeper was AWESOME!!!!! She was very accomodating and apologized for the smell as much as she could. She made it her busniess to check on us daily and see if there was anything she could do and/or that we needed. Please give Tynesha a RAISE! Front Desk staff and grounds staff were very attentive and friendly! Made our trip to Family day and Graduation very enjoyable! Thank you to Econolodge Fort Benning! You guys Rocked it!

Room Tip: Don't be in the corner (111-116) near the stariwell where everyone wants to huddle and smoke. An...
1  Thank Azizi P
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you Azizi P! Another great review! I totally understand what you have to say about the pool. we are attacking this issue currently to the absolute best and most efficient way possible without having to shut down the pool in this summer heat. It is to be checked daily and I will follow up on this to ensure these procedures are being followed through as required. we want this to be an enjoyable stay for everyone. Your feed back will be used to ensure that create just that. I invite you back in the future Azizi P and we look forward to it! Travel well my friend!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights while attending Family day/ graduation Ft benning. Best location for access to Sandhill. Also close to National infantry museum. Beds were VERY comfortable. Good A/C. Clean. Would definitely stay here again. Great prices too!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank retiredandtraveling2

Awesome pics retiredandtraveling2 (love the name FYI)!! I'm glad to see someone else post these things. It doesn't matter what I show or what I have to say, you want to see it with your own eyes and straight from the guests view. This does just that. In the future we are looking at doing some upgrades in our rooms and we have to invite you back out to stay with us to take some more great shots!

We cant thank you enough for choosing us to stay with and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

(Treshia) Front desk was very helpful about my questions. Very quiet and convenient to I-185. We was there for a baseball tournament and the location made it easy to get to the different fields. The price was very good. Slept very well and felt was safe with all the military personnel and families around.

Room Tip: All the rooms was quiet while I was there.
1  Thank Edith G

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate you for staying with us and our goal remains to make each and everyone of our guests satisfied. I'm happy to hear that Tyeisha and the rest of our staff were able to make this stay for you a pleasant one. These out of town events can get crazy! And at the end of the day you just want to rest. If not you want to get away from it all and our staff here are all happy to point you in the right direction.

we wish you good luck in all of your future sporting events and don't forget about us, we're always open.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wanted a place close to fort benning, and this was the place! The location is perfect for every thing you need. Close to the Infintry Museum, Fort Benning, shopping, and restaurants. The hotel was very clean outside as well as inside. The staff are very accommadating. Tynesha was the best! She was very helpful and made me feel very welcomed. I am returning there again for GRADUATION ! Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Great view from the front building, upper level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl G

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel and congrats to your soldier!! I'm sure you all are so proud!! We appreciate you for staying with us and our goal remains to make each and everyone of our guests satisfied.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband is in construction and goes out of town often. He had nothing but wonderful things to say about the Econolodge. He said it is probably the quietest place he has ever stayed. The price was very good, as was the breakfast. It is clean and comfortable and the staff is helpful and friendly. It made coming in from a long hard day of work out of town very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ScarltsMmy

Thank you ScarltsMmy for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor online survey regarding your husbands recent stay at our hotel. I love that we had the pleasure of creating a comfortable environment for his long days at work. Nothing better than feeling like your home when you're away. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you or your husband again soon! Thanks again for choosing us to lay your head after the long work day.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We"ve stayed at many hotels in the last few years, some of them high dollar. We have never had the housekeeping care that Ms. Betty showed us, there was nothing we could ask for that she would not do.. She left us nice little notes daily.. Our room was always nice and clean when we returned from our outings.. She always had a beautiful smile on her face when you saw her.. And you and I both know that cleaning behind people is really nothing to be happy about.. She truely took pride in her work.. Just want to give a big thank you to BETTY.. We will see you again in three weeks..
Carol Bass
Room 235..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol B
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

No that Mrs. B. is the kind of review I have been looking for!! Much can be said from a short note and I have been encouraging all of the housekeepers to do this, personally I think it makes a huge difference! Having recently returned from a trip myself I can tell you it made a difference for me. I will be sure that Betty gets the attention she has earned for some time now. I welcome you back anytime Mrs. B and I hope we can have the pleasure of providing you with the superior serviced Betty has provided in this experience. Have a safe, fun Memorial day.