“The Stark/Eckhardt Group”

Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“The Stark/Eckhardt Group”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was the second time we have stayed at your hotel. It is the closest hotel to Ft. Benning where my son is at. The rooms were clean and nice. The staff especially Tyeisha, went over and beond to make sure we were comfortable. She is a WONDERFUL person to have interacting with the guests. Tyeisha deserves a generous raise for her customer service skills. She is definately the reason I will come back to your hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Carla S
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you sooooo much Carla S!! Thank you for staying with us, thank you for staying with us again and most of all thank you for the recognition of our team here. I will be sure that Tyeisha is recognized for her dedication to all of her guests. She truly is an asset to our team. We look forward to seeing you in the future and we are all wish you safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in June with my husband and son. The Staff was very friendly, the breakfast was good, and the AC in the room worked great! the only issue I had was how the room was cleaned. One day we came back in, and the room was straight, but the toilet had not been cleaned. On another day we returned and the showercurtain was gone and we had no towels in the room yet either. This was a little bit odd to me since it was already 4pm. We went to get some dinner, and when we got back, everything was In order. Maybe the hotel was just short on staff and it took housekeeping a little bit longer. Overall I would stay at this hotel again, probably again next June. The friendly staff alone is making me want to come back for another stay!

Room Tip: Stay away from the poolside room and the rooms by the stairwells! It can get very noisy there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much akblueberry! We thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our property here on Trip Advisor. Your words matter! Unfortunately you were correct in our staffing. we had housekeeper out receiving further training. But with this we look forward to only having the best service in town! We look forward to you visiting us again and thank you for hopefully giving us another chance to really WOW you on your visit! we wish you the best and happy travels.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff ! Stayed 2 times for my sons Army graduation and felt at home both times ! Tyeisha went above and beyond to make my family feel comfortable . Frank the maintence guy was friendly and helpful as well ! Would stay there again because of the hosptality

1 Thank Nickol C
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We can't tell you how much it means to hear about our staff members going above and beyond. That shows they have the right kind of mentality! We are here to help and make your stay as pleasant as possible and just a good attitude can make the difference.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Please imagine traveling for 24 hours from Europe and arriving at a motel in Columbus Georgia at 7pm....tired, hungry and jet lagged.....then imagine that your car doesn't restart 5 minutes after arriving. Would you expect the manager of the motel to come and help you out? Actually try to restart your car? Go buy some gas to see if that works? Call AAA on his phone? Check in with you the next day to see if your problem was resolved? I have nothing but praise for Cecil woods and his team of friendly and helpful staff.

This is the motel closest to fort Benning...it is also the one staffed by folk who care for their guests as though they were family.

Free wifi worked great...the breakfast was above average and the room was spotless. Don't even think about going elsewhere...you can't get better value for money and real southern hospitality anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you SO much, your words are too kind. I am happy We could have helped. You really have no idea what an impact your arrival done for us. When I came around the corner and could see that you were having trouble I was reminded of what I entered this business to do. Not so much to sell rooms but more to help people and provide satisfaction when they're away from home. An emphasis on the help part of that, with enough help satisfaction comes along the way. We are simply here to do our part to ensure that the guests and people that we meet (on and off the clock) are taken care of and happy. That’s the secret. That’s why we do this. You reminded us all of that when you came along. You made a difference to the day and outlook and for that we truly owe you thanks.

I wish you the best and hopefully we will have the pleasure of seeing you again. :)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We have had 2 wonderful stays to visit our soldier at Ft Benning. Close to both gates and base and the Staff is top notch. Tyeshia that is in hosekeeping is a blessing to be around and so helpful and friendly. To remember someone's name from one month to the next with as many people as she sees in a month is trule genuine and kind. The Maintenance Fella is also very helpful and kind. They truly make you feel like family! Would stay there again and again. Just put some chairs on the balcony and walkway!!

• Stayed June 2014
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
That's AWESOME! Thanks ILostMyKeys for taking the time to write a review on our property here on Trip Advisor. I also must thank you for being a repeat guest! It means a great deal to all of us to have earned that from you. I see that the staff seems to be treating you well also. we'll make sure that all of the team are recognized for a job well done. We hope to see you again and again in the future. Thank you choosing Econo Lodge Fort Benning to be your home away from home. I'll see what we can come up with for our balcony and walkways too!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Econo Lodge for my son's family weekend pass at Fort Benning. Needless to say we were very impressed with the room and service. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were clean, the pool was nice, and they have a very impressive continental breakfast. A special shout out and thank you to Tyeisha. You are not only courteous and like your job, but you are a very caring individual who went over and above to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. God bless you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you Tonya S for your review on our property! we hope to be your home away in any of your future travels to the area. I will also make sure that Tyeisha is recognized for truly going ABOVE and beyond. We are actually undergoing some new renovations so maybe next time you see us we'll be the IMPROVED Econo Lodge. Thank you again ma'am.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Location PERFECTright at the Main entry to Fort Benning!! Price PERFECT, Breakfast DELICIOUS! Our room was musky, unfortunately it was adjacent to a room full of smokers who I think were living at the hotel with their children, no fault of the hotel. We were forced to get additional neutralizing air freshener from the store because of this, after getting home all of my belongings had this smell to them, it dampered our stay a bit. The pool was nice, not sure if anyone was keeping the chlorine high enough, one day crystal clear, after a full day of sun and 20 bodies it was as turbid (cloudy) as turbid could be. We weren't getting into a bath of bodie oils and skin cells, ewww. The head housekeeper was AWESOME!!!!! She was very accomodating and apologized for the smell as much as she could. She made it her busniess to check on us daily and see if there was anything she could do and/or that we needed. Please give Tynesha a RAISE! Front Desk staff and grounds staff were very attentive and friendly! Made our trip to Family day and Graduation very enjoyable! Thank you to Econolodge Fort Benning! You guys Rocked it!

Room Tip: Don't be in the corner (111-116) near the stariwell where everyone wants to huddle and smoke. An...
1 Thank Azizi P
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you Azizi P! Another great review! I totally understand what you have to say about the pool. we are attacking this issue currently to the absolute best and most efficient way possible without having to shut down the pool in this summer heat. It is to be checked daily and I will follow up on this to ensure these procedures are being followed through as required. we want this to be an enjoyable stay for everyone. Your feed back will be used to ensure that create just that. I invite you back in the future Azizi P and we look forward to it! Travel well my friend!