“Comfortable beds, nice and clean”

Comfort Suites Commerce
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Comfortable beds, nice and clean”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Commerce was a convenient stop on a backroads trip through SC and GA.

Everything was clean and well maintained and the beds were ultra-comfortable. The a/c unit was a little noisy, but not a deal breaker.

Didn't sample the breakfast since we planned to eat at Hofer's in Helen.

Would stay here if ever in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014
KMMayernick, General Manager at Comfort Suites Commerce, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to see you were able to enjoy your recent stay and experience our wonderful staff. It was truly a pleasure to have you staying with us. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had an 8 hour trip and wanted to stop for the night at a safe hotel, as I was traveling alone. I needed to be north of Atlanta and chose Commerce, GA. There are outlets there, so lots of hotels. I stayed at the Comfort Suites. PERFECT!! The rooms are suites, so I was able to relax in the living room. I asked the front desk for a recommendation for dinner. I didn't want to go out, but pick something up- not fast food! There was a restaurant I could walk to, in front of the hotel. The front desk gave me a menu and I was able to go to my clean, quiet room and order for pickup. I unpacked and walked over to pick up my delicious small pizza. I had a lovely, relaxing, restful evening and was able to make the remainder of my drive with pleasant memories of the evening before.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor away from the elevator. The only room they had was next to the eleva...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kimras2014
It is always a good feeling when our efforts are appreciated and we thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our wonderful staff. We love having guests choose our hotel each time they are in Commerce, and we look forward to the next time you stay with us!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Every year, we stay at the Comfort Suites on the way to and from Gatlinburg, TN for vacation. Every time we have ever stayed here it has been very nice, clean, & quiet and the breakfast is always very good.

However, this year we stayed on our way up to Gatlinburg, and unfortunately stayed the same night several highschool aged baseball teams were staying for a tournament. They were loud and wild all night long. They over took the pool area as if it were their own, and I had to call the front desk around 11pm because the kids in the room above us were jumping from bed to bed, smashing into walls, and stomping on the floor literally making our walls shake. After an 8 hour drive that day, and having 2 young children that needed to get rest for the next day, I was not happy. I called the front desk and they said they would look into it and I never heard another word back. To top it all off, twice I got in the elevator to go to the lobby and as I got on the baseball kids were getting off. Both times, every floor had been selected on the elevator so I had to ride all the way up and back down.

I know its not the hotels fault entirely, but they seemed to have little control of their guests that evening, and it will make me second guess returning next year. We decided to drive straight home from TN on the return trip rather than stay again due to this issue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It’s great to see you were able to enjoy your recent stay and experience our wonderful amenities. I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay and i will be passing that on to our Front Desk Department. It was truly a pleasure to have you staying with us. We hope to see you back soon!
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I booked this overnight stay through AAA Carolinas. I was looking for a suite to accommodate myself and family members that was affordable and clean. Though it was not situated in attractive physical setting, this Comfort Inn exceeded my expectations. Not only was it clean but very modern and nicely decorated.
Our room was spacious and comfortable. My bed was the best! The staff was friendly. Mandy greeted us with a smile at the front desk when we checked in and she was there when we checked out. Same smile though she had worked some long hours. Seamless.

The free breakfast was another unexpected pleasure. There was something for every taste, hot or cold, health conscious, or indulgent.

When I am in the area again I will definitely stay there. I might just make an occasion to be back in the area just to stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We were driving to our destination and stayed here along our way. This is a clean hotel with nice sized rooms. The staff was nice during check in. We asked for extra line a for the pull out couch. This contained two fitted sheets and a pillow with no pillow case. It was too late at night for us to question and just made it work. The only draw back of this hotel is limited parking but overall very nice.

Stayed June 2014
Glennville, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while on vacation. We had a King bed suite with a pull out couch where our 10-year-old son slept. I loved how the room had a half divider between the bed and the couch. It gave us a feeling of privacy even though our son was in the same room with us. The bed was super comfortable with a pillow top which my husband enjoyed due to his chronic back pain. The bathroom was large and extremely clean. The location was wonderful being within walking distance of several restaurants and a very short drive (less than 5 minutes) from the Tanger Outlet mall. Despite being right in town, it was enjoyably quiet when in the room which was a huge plus for me being a very light sleeper. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean with long access hours 9 AM-10:30 PM every day. The free breakfast was very sufficient with a variety of choices. And finally, the staff was very friendly and always willing to help. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will certainly stay there again next time we are in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KMMayernick, General Manager at Comfort Suites Commerce, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
It is always a good feeling when our efforts are appreciated and we thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our wonderful staff and amenities. We look forward to the next time you stay with us!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just stayed here one night passing through the area. The staff is very nice. The lobby is beautiful.

Our room was large and perfect. Comfy beds, large TV, big bathroom, refrigerator and microwave, and large TV and sofa. They were sold out due to the University of Georgia's graduation in Athens. So we lucked up in getting not only a room but also a great price. I did reserve a KING ROOM and it is on my confirmation but since we checked in after 8pm, we were given a room with 2 beds. We were too tired to ask to change but the hotel should be alert to give the room that is reserved especially since I know I reserved my room before they sold out (because of the price we paid). Probably someone booked whatever was left but arrived before we did and asked for a king room and ours was given away.

The beds are very comfy and the room stays cool through the night. The breakfast is really good too. Lots of options and it's kept quite tidy.

In the past I would have avoided Comfort Inns but I am very happy with the Comfort Suites brand and I will look for them in the future. Very good value for the money. This one in Commerce is definitely recommended.

Room Tip: I always ask for upper floor and away from the elevator since many elevators ding or gong which can...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple