“wonderful experience”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
long beach MS
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

From the moment I checked in until the moment I left I had an exceptional stay. The bed was comfortable and the room was very well cared for. I will stay at this Hotel when I am in the area. The staff at check in answered all of my questions about the local area and were to get a nice meal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwestern11198, General Manager at Best Western Commerce Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much and we are happy your stay was great. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rooms poorly kept, Breakfast items cook poorly and poorly stored. Beds were not made to expectation, Looks like it was made by a five year old. The bedspread or comforter was hanging to far to one side and looks like the linen was put on by a youngster. The rooms looked like they were not dusted. I suggest you stay clear of this place until the place makes some changes. The internet has a poor signal and needs to be updated to a positive signal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Rickey M
We apologize for any inconvienance during your stay. We will address your concerns with the housekeeper and the breakfast attendant. Have a nice day.
Deerfield Beach, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

See the title of review. It says it all. Gagging from cigarette smoke in a non smoking room. I was told it was a non smoking room and all I got was cigarette smoke permeating from the walls, furniture and air.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwestern11198, General Manager at Best Western Commerce Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Yes your room was a non smoking room and also was recently renovated with all new carpet, furniture and paint. I apologize if someone smoked in this room without our knowledge. We would have gladly changed you to another room if we had known about the issue. We hope you give us another chance in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Harrisburg, PA, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was been this hotel before but the rooms were booked and I didn't stay. Stop at his hotel again on my way home and got the room. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, service was and good rate. I would stay again if I'm in the area next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Vinh L
bestwestern11198, General Manager at Best Western Commerce Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to any future stays and hope you have a wonderful day.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was attending my niece's Graduation from University of GA but couldn't find an available hotel in Athens so I looked at cities near Athens. Commerce had a room available and it was only 30 minutes from UGA. I made reservations through Priceline.com but was checking in late so I contacted the hotel to make sure my room was held. Glad I did. I really got lucky. They were remodeling the hotel and needed to put me in a suite instead of a regular 2 queen bed room. At first I was worried since we had 3 people staying plus 1 more on the last night. I didn't need to worry. The suite was awesome. We got upgraded for free, weren't charged for extra persons or the extra cots needed. The room really worked for 3 people. We had so much room. And the continental breakfast was a little more than just muffins. They had a full breakfast with eggs and bacon, plus you could make your own waffles or have a lite breakfast. The staff was exceptionally nice and the room was clean and comfortable. Great mattresses. Even the one on the pull out sleeper sofa. I can't praise this hotel enough. Everything just worked out so perfectly and they just couldn't have been nicer and more welcoming.

Room Tip: Go with the suite. It is worth the extra money. If you eat breakfast at the hotel every day, it will...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you! We are happy everything was to your satisfaction and hope to see you in the future. Have a very nice day.
Brandon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I rarely review a hotel that I can't rate higher than average because I'm one who learned early in life that "If you can't say something nice, do not say anything." So, the first thing I will say about the Best Western in Commerce is that our room was clean, the hotel is convenient to the Interstate, and the clerk who checked us in was pleasant. From that point, sorry, but I cannot say anything else nice. When we went through the entrance to check in, their outside mat was trashy. Not a good sign when going into a hotel, but the weather had been bad, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. Next, when we went into room, there was a sour smell. It smelled as if someone has thrown up on carpet, but it could have just been carpet that had stayed wet from cleaning and needed more attention to dry properly after cleaning. The shower was very slippery with no mat provided, and the springs were worn in the club chair. Also, the bathroom light and fan were attached. I never like this in any hotel as I am a light sleeper, and when my husband goes to the bathroom in the night and turns on light, the noise will wake me up. Last, but not least, for just a little cost, the management could update the 70s decor. Get rid of all the burgundy artificial flowers!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
bestwestern11198, General Manager at Best Western Commerce Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We apologize for any inconvienance during your stay. We are in the process of renovating the hotel. We will be redoing the lobby and breakfast area. Some of the rooms have been finished and I apologize that you didn't get one of the new rooms. We hope you come back and give us another chance in the future. Have a wonderful day.
winder, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Overall the staff went out of their way to accommodate me. I needed a desk and chair and they moved one from another room. The room was nice and quiet. The only problem was the wireless internet was slow, wired was available and it was faster. It kept dropping off and I had to re-enter the user name and password.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you and we apologize for the slow internet. We are in the process of getting another internet provider that has more consistant internet speeds. Have a nice day.