“6 years of Good Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Scottish Inn Commerce
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“6 years of Good Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have been staying a the Scottish Inn in Commerce,Ga. for (1) month a year, for the past (6) years. We have NEVER seen a bed bug! We stay in a room in the front of the hotel and have never had a problem. Many rooms have a refridgerator and a microwave in them.The rooms have recently been painted and look great! The staff has always been very friendly and welcoming.
I don't know what seedy activity was seen by another traveler, as the hotel has a policy of no refunds after 15 minutes. The price is right and the rooms are clean. We have always been satisfied with our stay. The pool is open during the Summer months and is kid friendly and handicap accessible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank FriendlyFran

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stopped briefly while travelling north from Florida. Pet friendly for a fee, and the room had a fridge and microwave, We used a discount coupon from a hotel saver book. We chose the hotel for the price and expected no frills, and were not disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Norman P
Bellvue, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

This place is a haven for seedy activity. I would have felt safer in my car on side of the highway. There was traffic all night long, many of the people looked as though they lived there, I only stayed here because the other places with booked solid. This place should be condemed, if you don't believe me just ride threw before actually booking, or ask to see a room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy T

Travellers are raving about these Commerce hotels

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

My daughter and I have stayed over in Commerce several times. This latest we decided to stay at Scottish Inns as we stopped at the Walmart directly across the street and figured we could sleep in a bit since its further up the the road and closer to the flea market we planned to attend in the morning. The room wasn't great but it was close to midnight and we leave no later than 5:30 so I didn't squawk. Saw two roaches on potty trips during the night but just figured we'll shake out our stuff before bringing it in the house. Well Sunday evening, I developed over 200 mosquito bite looking bumps. by last night it was unbearably itchy. Once again my boyfriend informed me that its too late in the year to have mosquito bites and that I would have noticed being attacked like that. he said :looks like chinches to me. Well sure enough, chinches is spanish for bed bugs and I found plenty of bed bug bite pics that look like what I have!

Room Tip: CANNOT reccomend
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I come here often for UGA game or to shop at the Commerce outlet mall and I always stay here. It's the best budget hotel in the area with free wifi and free breakfast. Mall is literally across the street so it's super easy to get to. Rooms are clean and good customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank TravelNYC82
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We were coming to a Car Show and this was the cheapest hotel, so we decided to book. We called to make reservations, and things worked out perfectly. Upon check-in. We pulled into the hotel, and noticed that there were hardly NO cars in the parking lot which concerned me a little. We continued on to check in which was quick and easy, they gave us our rooms together which was promised upon booking the rooms. We made our way to our room, and opened the door and was immediately blown back by the smell of old, musty, moldy stench. We walked around the room, The cracks and corners of the room were not vacuumed, the windows were dirty, like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time. There was a fresh ceiling leaking moldy spot where water was running down on top of the ceiling. The bathroom had cracks in the walls, the floor, and spider webs from the ceiling to the shower curtain.. The beds were small, rinky dinky bed, that were hard as a brick, and not comfortable at all. The pool was closed down, the water looked nasty green like it hadn't been working all year.I was very disappointed in this hotel, and will never return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank awolfen7
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Went there for a UGA game, Hotels in athens were super highly priced. Decided to stay here. Clean room, wifi and free breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed in the building on the front.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family