“Disgusting”

Scottish Inn Commerce
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This motel was filthy. We stopped late at night and needed a motel that would take our two dogs.
We don't believe the windows had ever been washed, the carpet was dirty....even the light switches were dirty. All we request is a clean room, and we don't care about fancy. We would NEVER stay there again, and would not recommend it to anyone else either. There was no effort made into cleaning this room:(

Room Tip: I don't believe there were any good rooms:(
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Worst hotel I've ever been to. We made a nonrefundable reservation and after 3 room changes, roaches, bad service and a drug deal we left and stayed elsewhere even though we were losing our money. Absolutely disgusting, not safe, and terrible, rude service from the staff. Stay away!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This motel is the worst. The electric sockets were faulty. the bathroom vent did not work and the heating unit was exposed. And the beds were awful, i think they were mad in the 18th century. My back hurt me so bad that i could not enjoy the rest of my trip. I will never stay at this place every again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have been staying a the Scottish Inn in Commerce,Ga. for (1) month a year, for the past (6) years. We have NEVER seen a bed bug! We stay in a room in the front of the hotel and have never had a problem. Many rooms have a refridgerator and a microwave in them.The rooms have recently been painted and look great! The staff has always been very friendly and welcoming.
I don't know what seedy activity was seen by another traveler, as the hotel has a policy of no refunds after 15 minutes. The price is right and the rooms are clean. We have always been satisfied with our stay. The pool is open during the Summer months and is kid friendly and handicap accessible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank FriendlyFran
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stopped briefly while travelling north from Florida. Pet friendly for a fee, and the room had a fridge and microwave, We used a discount coupon from a hotel saver book. We chose the hotel for the price and expected no frills, and were not disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Norman P
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This place is a haven for seedy activity. I would have felt safer in my car on side of the highway. There was traffic all night long, many of the people looked as though they lived there, I only stayed here because the other places with booked solid. This place should be condemed, if you don't believe me just ride threw before actually booking, or ask to see a room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy T
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My daughter and I have stayed over in Commerce several times. This latest we decided to stay at Scottish Inns as we stopped at the Walmart directly across the street and figured we could sleep in a bit since its further up the the road and closer to the flea market we planned to attend in the morning. The room wasn't great but it was close to midnight and we leave no later than 5:30 so I didn't squawk. Saw two roaches on potty trips during the night but just figured we'll shake out our stuff before bringing it in the house. Well Sunday evening, I developed over 200 mosquito bite looking bumps. by last night it was unbearably itchy. Once again my boyfriend informed me that its too late in the year to have mosquito bites and that I would have noticed being attacked like that. he said :looks like chinches to me. Well sure enough, chinches is spanish for bed bugs and I found plenty of bed bug bite pics that look like what I have!

Room Tip: CANNOT reccomend
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business