“Great location good service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Commerce, GA
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Located minutes from the outlets, clean, good hot breakfast and complimentary, no problems while there, were able to provide a crib for the baby upon request, the staff was great. We had a total of 3 rooms and didn't have any problems with any of the guests that were with us, for the value it's definitely a good deal

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Alreadygone318

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

First we went to the exercise room and all three machines did not work. Then we noticed a sign on the vending machine that it was out of order. In the room, the A/C fan did not work. It was too cold for the air conditioner and we did not need the heater. We could not open the window due to our allergies. Needless to say we were awake all night. There was no air moving in the whole room. Then, we saw the ice machine with a sign on it "out of order".

There was one computer for guests and the desk clerk was on it when we went to use it.
The room itself was fine.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Commerce, GA, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear rickyace,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I am glad to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the issues you experienced with the amenities malfunctioning. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Commerce hotels

Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel was less than a mile from Tanger outlet. It is a quick trip into Athens for a Georgia game. The hotel room was very clean. The breakfast area was well maintained and plenty of selection to choose from. My son loved the automatic pancake maker.

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Upon check-in at the Holiday Inn in Commerce, GA with a reservation of a King Suite. I advised Michelle the Front Desk Clerk that I had a service animal and had documentation. She immediately became rude and was ignorant to the fact that a service animal was different from a pet.
She downgraded our room to a standard double in a “dog room”. Of course I was not happy about that, since I am a loyal Holiday Inn Platinum member, and attempted to explain regulations regarding service animals. She at that point called me a liar and was more concerned with her own job, as it seems she should be.
I asked for a Manager, and she said “oh I have contacted the manager” I said, “well may I speak with her or when will she be here?” Michelle then said the manager has other hotel things she is doing. So, I could be waiting here for hours with no room! I did look at the double room and it was tiny and reeked of cigarette smoke. My husband is 6’2” and we reserved a King room. No king beds were in the “dog area”. After one more encounter with Michelle insulting me, she only offered to cancel the reservation.
I have never encountered such a rude, obtuse person, with zero customer service skills. I have never had any type of problems traveling with a service animal and will be contacting the American Disabilities Association regarding the matter. I advised Michelle, I would be contacting the Corporate office and she only laughed. This does say a great deal about the Holiday Inn brand image.
My husband noticed there was a Comfort Suites across the street. I went in Comfort Suites with no reservation, in tears, and Angie & Anna were so kind and took very good care of me. The also mentioned they have heard of this happening frequently at the Holiday Inn. As it turned out, the Comfort Suites was much nicer with a better atmosphere. I would highly recommend staying there instead.
Update: now I noticed I have a charge from Holiday Inn including $25 charge for pet fee. So, the charges for the room were not cancelled, now another hassle!!!
I don't think I will be staying at Holiday Inn again after this experience.

Room Tip: Recommend Comfort Suites across the street instead.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vickie2
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed on a Friday night and there was A LOT of traffic that night. One vehicle with a VERY loud muffler kept driving up and down the street outside.

Breakfast was good and hot. Room was very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anne49022
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I and 38 other women stayed at this hotel for the purpose of doing ministry. We have stayed here before for the same purpose. The staff is consistently accomodating, friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean, and the free breakfast has many tasty and healthy choices. The shopping outlets are very close to the hotel for someone who wants to shop.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the most convenient.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rosalyn P
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a fairly standard Holiday Inn hotel. Updated decor, clean, good location and free breakfast. Pros: they had true queen size beds, although squeaky and not the most comfortable. We used Priority Club points for our stay, the number of points needed was so low we consider this an outstanding deal. If you are able to book using points and can get a great deal like we did - book it you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2012