“Anxious to please! Very nice accommodations”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Commerce, GA
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had some discrepancies in rates, once we made reservations. However, they were willing to compromise. The staff members were all very nice and helpful. Our room was a 2 queen bed version and was more like a suite! Roomy, clean and very nice. We had our 9 year old grandson with us and we all had plenty of room! The only problem was the wifi was down but they altered our bill and made us very happy. Comfortable bed. My hubby and grandson were, however, VERY disappointed in the freshness of some of the items on the breakfast bar.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the size of the 2 queen bedroom!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JasperCharly

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Hotel is very close to outlets. Close to highway. Our room was clean. Front desk employee was a joy very nice. She took great care of us. We would stay here again. Great price good value. Good size room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Irving_TexasAnneB
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We made a no reservations, "I'm tired of driving, let's stop here" visit to this hotel. Easy off of the Interstate, calm patient staff, very helpful. Found me a convenient room near outside access so that we didn't have to troop through the lobby. Several varied resturants nearby, and hot "complimentary" breakfast. All is good.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank burdfour
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Located minutes from the outlets, clean, good hot breakfast and complimentary, no problems while there, were able to provide a crib for the baby upon request, the staff was great. We had a total of 3 rooms and didn't have any problems with any of the guests that were with us, for the value it's definitely a good deal

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Alreadygone318
Reviewed 23 December 2012

First we went to the exercise room and all three machines did not work. Then we noticed a sign on the vending machine that it was out of order. In the room, the A/C fan did not work. It was too cold for the air conditioner and we did not need the heater. We could not open the window due to our allergies. Needless to say we were awake all night. There was no air moving in the whole room. Then, we saw the ice machine with a sign on it "out of order".

There was one computer for guests and the desk clerk was on it when we went to use it.
The room itself was fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Commerce, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear rickyace,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I am glad to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the issues you experienced with the amenities malfunctioning. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel was less than a mile from Tanger outlet. It is a quick trip into Athens for a Georgia game. The hotel room was very clean. The breakfast area was well maintained and plenty of selection to choose from. My son loved the automatic pancake maker.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Upon check-in at the Holiday Inn in Commerce, GA with a reservation of a King Suite. I advised Michelle the Front Desk Clerk that I had a service animal and had documentation. She immediately became rude and was ignorant to the fact that a service animal was different from a pet.
She downgraded our room to a standard double in a “dog room”. Of course I was not happy about that, since I am a loyal Holiday Inn Platinum member, and attempted to explain regulations regarding service animals. She at that point called me a liar and was more concerned with her own job, as it seems she should be.
I asked for a Manager, and she said “oh I have contacted the manager” I said, “well may I speak with her or when will she be here?” Michelle then said the manager has other hotel things she is doing. So, I could be waiting here for hours with no room! I did look at the double room and it was tiny and reeked of cigarette smoke. My husband is 6’2” and we reserved a King room. No king beds were in the “dog area”. After one more encounter with Michelle insulting me, she only offered to cancel the reservation.
I have never encountered such a rude, obtuse person, with zero customer service skills. I have never had any type of problems traveling with a service animal and will be contacting the American Disabilities Association regarding the matter. I advised Michelle, I would be contacting the Corporate office and she only laughed. This does say a great deal about the Holiday Inn brand image.
My husband noticed there was a Comfort Suites across the street. I went in Comfort Suites with no reservation, in tears, and Angie & Anna were so kind and took very good care of me. The also mentioned they have heard of this happening frequently at the Holiday Inn. As it turned out, the Comfort Suites was much nicer with a better atmosphere. I would highly recommend staying there instead.
Update: now I noticed I have a charge from Holiday Inn including $25 charge for pet fee. So, the charges for the room were not cancelled, now another hassle!!!
I don't think I will be staying at Holiday Inn again after this experience.

Room Tip: Recommend Comfort Suites across the street instead.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family