“Dont even do it you will be sorry”
Review of Bulldog Inn

Bulldog Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Commerce
Bulldog Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Never in my life, well maybe once. This place is a [--]. Smelled, mold, bugs, dirty, 10 year old sheets and pillow. I would never stay here and would rather drive 20 miles away out to 85. And now I just noticed a month later they charge my credit card AGAIN!. Don't do it you will be SORRY!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We entered the room on the bottom upstairs top right late on ballgame night. $89. There were roaches, no covers on the electric switches on the wall. The bathroom had roaches and mold. the linens were torn and ragged. The light fixtures had not covers, the were all broken with exposed light bulbs. If I knew where to call I would ask a health inspector to visit this place. I was afraid for my health to get in the shower, so left and did not shower.
Drive a few more minutes up the road and find a decent place. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Working in Athens for 3 days and was looking for a nice cheap motel, found it here. After reading most of the reviews i was pretty nervous about this place but after arriving It didn't seem as bad as all the negative reviews made it out to be. Yes there were a few issues such as the stain on the ceiling from what looked like an old water leak and the funky green paint in the bathroom sink area and some painted over filled holes in the wall but hey, I had a king size bed with clean sheets, good TV, micro & fridge, clean bathroom and sink area and the carpet was in decent condition all for $40.00 a night, would I bring my wife here for a vacation, no but as a person who drives over the road this was good enough for me, I do not require a fancy place just a decent place. i would stay here again if back in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Dirt everywhere, on the carpets, curtains, walls. Broken furniture. Noise. Stained sheets and towels. Health hazard and should be shut down.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Due to an odd schedule, we frequently need a Sunday night room in Athens and the Bulldog is convenient and cheap on non-peak nights. We don't expect much at these prices other than a clean bed/sheets, a working shower and reasonable security/privacy. We've stayed several times before, all recently, and each time had room 104. It was imperfect, but we travel with Lysol spray so we can save money and still feel comfortable. This time room 104 was unavailable (I jokingly asked for it as "our room" knowing it was at least decent, and appeared available as we parked by it and could see inside) but they sent us to room 125.

Rather than a paragraph, I'll bullet point the problems this time. The worst ones are at the bottom.

- The room is Spartan and old/worn, but that's to be expected at a place like this (Though they don’t usually vacuum under the beds/table).
- No remote control
- No coat hangers
- Towel rack broken so towels and washcloths stacked on toilet tank (eww)
- Towels rough (not unexpected) and stained (unacceptable), and no hand towels
- Faucet dripping, leaving rust stain on tub
- Middle knob only diverted 1/4 of the water to the shower...the rest, including the hotter water, would only come out the tub faucet
- No toilet paper dispenser, just a used half a roll on the toilet tank, and no box tissues
- One of the two queen beds had only one sheet (a flat sheet barely tucked onto the mattress) plus the bedspread. No sheet to pull on top of you. The other had 2 flat sheets, but still no fitted sheet to stay in place. The sheets appeared to be recently washed, though there were apparent old stains on some of them.
- Dresser drawers were broken and collapsed into each other

Here's where they took the cake...
- There were wads of tissue crumpled into holes in the curtains and adjacent guest room door, so folks could not see into the room...creepy.
- The slide lock to the door into the adjacent room was busted loose, and the deadbolt was unlocked. Luckily I checked it and locked it, because the next morning we noticed someone trying to open it, then knocking on the door saying something inaudible through the walls! We were packed, but had been relaxing before leaving, but at this point we grabbed our bags and left the room.
- While putting our bags in the car the woman in 126 came out and said she was knocking on our door because she wanted to know if our cable was working because hers was out, and asked if we could let her in our room. Not wanting blame for any damage, of course I didn't let her. She threw attitude and claimed to be the night manager. I said then she can get her own key, and I wasn't going to take her word for it. About then someone who had just walked up to her door produced a key and let her in our room (we had not checked out!) and looked at us smugly as if to show that we had failed to keep them out! The woman continued to argue with me and we just left. I threw a fit at the front desk but the woman could only say "I'm sorry about that" to everything I said, even when I said they just lost two regular customers. She did not confirm if the woman worked there (though I've never seen here through several visits including late-night check-ins.)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AtlantaTrails
Reviewed 10 July 2010

At first I wondered if the scene was really my bag. You see, I am a real swingin' cat, I go to all the local jazz clubs, one of which is right around the corner from the esteemed Bulldog Inn and Resort Hotel. The smell of the hotel was a cross between a stale sandwich, a hospital, and a coffin, but the staff spoke fluent french and was so nice it almost creeped me out. It was groovy. They had a real hip live band playing at the time, I think they called themselves Burger Trash. Quite a couple of real fine young athens upstarts, I think those boys have a bright future ahead.

After settling into my room and playing a bit in the pool of blood on the floor, I asked the staff to hook me up with a couple of hoors. Being a navy man myself, I am a fine judge of hoors, and let me tell you, my eyebrows were definitely raised in suspicion. But, wow, did the maitre de ever pull through for me in the end. I was offered up the finest choice between a middle aged burnout crack-hoor who looked like she was wearing so much mascara she didn't even have eyes, and a Filipino girl who may or may not have been a sex slave. They even allow kidnapping and extortion.

I also had the privilege of watching a drug deal go bad outside my window, and I probably had the best view in town of the violence that ensued. Juan Carlos got away, but not after being shot in the leg and dragging himself into the local woods. Thrilling!

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank locusofmana
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I have read the other reviews and i have stayed at this motel several times. I can tell you it is a reasonably priced stay ($40 a night) and a very comfortable room. My room had a refegerator and microwave oven and clean surroundings. The owners allways seem to have a improvement project going on every time I have stayed there, so they must care about the place and their guests. The front desk staff is allways very willing to go the extra mile on my every visit. The pool was really nice this year with a bulldog scene painted in the bottom of the pool. That was awesome! Overall a good value for the dollar. If you want your pillow turned down and a mint on it you are at the wrong place, however if you are looking for a clean room at a reasonable price and safe surroundings you are at the right place. I do plan to return and I recommend this motel to my friends when they ask. The older gentleman that one review is talking about does watch over the property all night and I for one am glad he is there watching out for me and and my well being. You sure wont have anybody stealing anything or bothering you while you are a guest I assure you!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo