“Health HAZARD!”
Review of Bulldog Inn

Bulldog Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Commerce
Bulldog Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I would absolutely 100% advise all potential customers to this facility to stay away. As soon as we walked in out room roaches ran underneath our bed and there were multiple fake fingernails behind the headboard. As soon as we saw this we immediately requested a full refund and ended up sleeping in our car due to it being a game weekend no other options were available. Utterly shocked a place like this can still be in business!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank KurtKlling

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Let's start with saying it was a game weekend and downtown Athens was packed. My esteemed colleagues and I decided to cough up the extra change and treat ourselves to a single king size bedroom at the luxurious Bulldog Inn.
It is important to note that you quickly acclimate to the pungent smell that is years of prostitution, vomit from drunken Athenians and what I would describe as burnt urine. With a little elbow grease and the willingness to roll your sleeves up these rooms are surprisingly livable. After repairing the toilet and shower my four associates and I beamed with joy and self accomplishment. The A/C hums like a Cadillac with a swift Fonzy style kick to its side. By the time we woke up you could practically hang meat in there.
The browns at the front desk were lovely as well and even took a picture of the gang in front of the sign for our scrapbook. It should go without saying the biggest selling point, besides the gorgeous location, is the king size bed. I. Mean. Wow. Do you have a king size bed? I bet you don't. Guess what? They have king size beds! It gets better. You'll think you're Brad Arnold because there is a drug dealing pimp just 3 Doors Down. Plop down on your luxurious king sized bed like a weird, Persian king and enjoy your spoils. Just remember keep the light on while you sleep to avoid the roaches.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CKCook
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Recently stayed in Athens, Bulldog Inn was the only hotel available due to a convention. This was a horrible experience from checkin to checkout. The staff was very rude and the rooms were disgusting. Visible signs of mold, roaches and stains everywhere. Never any towels available when requested. Word of advice, NEVER stay here just keep driving....

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank lexus_a30
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I don't get all the one star reviews of this place. I stayed here two nights while waiting for hot water/heat in my new home during a cold early couple of days of spring. It wasn't the lap of luxury, but was clean, staff was fine, had a fridge and microwave in room, HEAT, and cable tv. What more can you ask for the money?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Never in my life, well maybe once. This place is a [--]. Smelled, mold, bugs, dirty, 10 year old sheets and pillow. I would never stay here and would rather drive 20 miles away out to 85. And now I just noticed a month later they charge my credit card AGAIN!. Don't do it you will be SORRY!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We entered the room on the bottom upstairs top right late on ballgame night. $89. There were roaches, no covers on the electric switches on the wall. The bathroom had roaches and mold. the linens were torn and ragged. The light fixtures had not covers, the were all broken with exposed light bulbs. If I knew where to call I would ask a health inspector to visit this place. I was afraid for my health to get in the shower, so left and did not shower.
Drive a few more minutes up the road and find a decent place. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Working in Athens for 3 days and was looking for a nice cheap motel, found it here. After reading most of the reviews i was pretty nervous about this place but after arriving It didn't seem as bad as all the negative reviews made it out to be. Yes there were a few issues such as the stain on the ceiling from what looked like an old water leak and the funky green paint in the bathroom sink area and some painted over filled holes in the wall but hey, I had a king size bed with clean sheets, good TV, micro & fridge, clean bathroom and sink area and the carpet was in decent condition all for $40.00 a night, would I bring my wife here for a vacation, no but as a person who drives over the road this was good enough for me, I do not require a fancy place just a decent place. i would stay here again if back in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business