“room was dirty. It needed to be cleaned. Bathroom smell...”

Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed 1 March 2014

room was dirty. It needed to be cleaned. Bathroom smell of urine. We had stayed here before but will never again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I realize I am spoiled and usually stay in a hotel, but everything was booked for 4 different events in Athens. So, childhood memories took me back to HoJo. What a nightmare. Firstly, I booked a room on-line. Traveling with kids, I did not request a smoking room. We arrived around 10PM and checked in. When we opened the door to room 117 the smell of cigarettes with a floral overtone hit us. I wanted to leave, but my husband said he wasn't going anywhere- he was dead tired. The carpet was filthy. It was stained and there were cigarette burns everywhere. We checked for bedbugs and found hair instead. Dead tired, we went to bed. During the night my daughter awoke choking from the residual nicotine and tar. The next morning we awoke to roaches climbing the wall. We took pictures of them and went to the front desk to complain. They tried to tell my husband he didn't see any roaches and my husband showed him the pictures of them. They moved us to another room, room 123. This was a vast improvement, but since the rooms are all attached we had to keep our clothes packed and zipped. NEVER will we stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had a wonderful experience.The desk clerk was wonderful!!!!!The room was clean and well stocked.The room had a working refrigerator and microwave and a decent size tv. Overall the room was great. I would recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dsholland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a Great place for the money. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was more than adequate. Everything worked and was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to my friends traveling to this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for posting a review and for your kind words. We have a great hotel with excellent location on the exit. I will inform my staff about your happy stay with us which will encourage everyone to keep up the good work. Service to each and every guest is our top priority.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Pulling into this hotel it seemed OK in the dark but I should have known that it was a dump when my girlfriend was approached by a prostitute outside our door when she was going to get something from the car shortly after we arrived. My girlfriend was smoking a cigarette outside and was offered something else to smoke by the over friendly prostitute. My girlfriend out of curiosity asked what she meant and the women offered to sell her crack cocaine. I just discounted it to a an isolated incident but shortly after that we heard what seemed to be a party going on in the parking lot, it was the prostitute and an old man drinking outside our door and they were smoking something that certainly didn't smell like tobacco. But wait it gets better , when I woke up in the morning and went to the bathroom I was greeting by roaches scattering on the bathroom floor. We promptly got our belongings together, checked our bags and belongings for roaches and got the hell out of there. I would think for $51 a night the place would have been a bit nicer but you live and learn. Do yourself a favor look elsewhere for a place to sleep if you're in Commerce GA.

Plus the furniture is old and run down, old tube TV's, rugs are dingy and the walls need to be replaced from holes that have been patched. Just plain old and beat and a disgrace to the Howard Johnson chain and normally I don't complain about to much but this place sucked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PPB_Beach-Boy
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I am sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. We never have any problems regarding drugs or prostitution. This might have been an isolated incident and I apologize for that. Our business depends on valued customers like you. I wish you had called the front office and inform us of any problems. I am sure we would have gladly taken care of it.

Reviewed 3 December 2013