“Good night of rest on a busy holiday”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stopped at his HIExpress on the road to South Carolina on July 4th. Place was very busy with 3 or 4 family reunions booked for the weekend. Since we had a king suite in the corner we were out of the crowd flow as the various families socialized and the room was quiet by the time we called it a night. Breakfast the next morning was very busy and we opted to take it back to our room. Food was fresh, hot and in good supply. Will likely stay here again on our next trip to SC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JoAnn P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

SIBoiler 2, thank you for stopping by on your way to SC. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. We hope that on your next trip to SC, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I picked this Holiday Inn Express and Suites based on the reviews posted here but I have to be honest here, I'm not sure people know exactly the locations they are reviewing. This place was somewhat of a nightmare in my opinion. I was not even greeted as an IHG Gold Rewards member and just got worse from there. Room 216 was rather dismal. Dirty couches, bad furniture markings, loud (thin walls), no parking available, tons of smokers and drama outside, there was a "family reunion" over this weekend. Breakfast was ridiculous, no coffee in dispensers. This place is a joke compared to the reviews. Makes me wonder if I landed at a different location. This one is near a Bruster's ice cream shop very near old Conyers downtown. This is not the Lithonia nor the Covington location. Anyway, I've attached photos of room 216, I have doubts that this place was newly renovated. Front desk needs some hospitality training and should at least acknowledge IHG member status. My stay at this particular location has made me change hotel chain stays from here on out.

Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear runfarandfast,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2014

After booking a room with a rival hotel (LQ) and having that room cancelled without cause, my family of 4 was without a room at 2am. We visited 3 other hotels before my wife mentioned the Holiday Inn. I was still on the phone with the booking agency, when the front desk agent (Eric) checked me in, while showing care and concern about our situation. The hotel was nice, the cleaning staff was excellent, and the location convenient. There is also a free HOT breakfast served every morning. Based on the excellent customer service experience with Eric, Holiday Inn will be our go to hotel, no matter where we are.

• Stayed: June 2014
JoAnn P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience your family had before finding our location. We pride ourselves in providing the best guest experience possible. As for Erik he is a valued member of our team and time and time again we hear back from guest telling us of his customer serivce. We share these reviews with all the team and as a member of management it gives me such pride to get this kind of feedback from our guest.

Now that you are going to be a loyal guest to the Holiday In brand don't forget to sign up for the IHG Rewards Program earning 10 points on every dollar spent.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Toom was big and very clean, lobby was lovely and welcoming. Overall good experience but not a lot arounf thats in walking distance, not that many people walk in America anyway. Steak house and cracker barrel are within waking distance with a wallmart and shopping centre a short drive away.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It's sounds as if you are a international traveler. I hope you enjoyed the good old USA and our small town of Conyers. It's also great to know the hotel was a positive experience during your stay. Hopefully you made the time to use our large indoor pool. Maybe the next time you are in the Conyers area if you didn't get the chance to visit the Historic Olde Towne you can. Olde Towne is walking distance of the hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each experience was a pleasure, staff were courteous, rooms were always clean and everything was as advertised. Only issue I have had was with parking at times it seemed there were not enough spaces for people staying. That being said I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IrishFyre

Thanks you for the kind words about the hotel and the experience during your stay. I do apologize if you had a problem with parking. We will see you the next time you are in the Conyers area, it will be our pleasuure to serve you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

On our many driving trips from west Tennessee to Columbia, SC, we often stop for the night on the east side of Atlanta. We normally choose one of the new hotels near Stonecrest Mall. This time, we would be traveling with our three young grandchildren and would require more room.

I came across a review of this hotel and was favorably impressed. The reviewer mentioned the hotel had two-room suites.

I reserved two queen beds with a sofa sleeper. We arrived yesterday to find the room was perfect for our purposes.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable with ample pillows. The bathroom was very nicely appointed and apparently redone with granite and cute sink. There were lots of fluffy towels and the std. Shampoos,etc.

To top off a very comfortable night, a hot breakfast was available in the morning.

The staff at checkin has the work done when we arrived. I showed my license and credit card and we were all set.

The hotel seems to be the choice of field engineers dressed in khakis and polos. There was also a track and field team of about a dozen, well-behaved, studious young people and their coaches.

The hotel is four floors and seems very large from the lobby with a multi-story lobby.

We were especially pleased that the price was no more than we normally pay for the newer hotels, without the suite and hot breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014

I'm not sure how to reply to such a wonderful review. I just want to say thank you and I'm so happy your family had a positive experience. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Conyers is a beauiful hotel. The Atrium style lobby and wall fall at the top of the stair case gives the lobby a wonderful flair. . The 2 room suites are ideal for families give you the space needed when away from home. We pride ourselves in delivering the best guest experience to our guest as possible! hopefull you had time to use the indoor pool during your stay!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed in the Executive Suite, the room was very nice and lots of space. The room were ready early, very clean and beautiful. The highway is right beside the hotel, very busy highway and the wi-fi connection was very, very poor. Didn't get to try the free breakfast due to leaving out every morning in a rush to meet family at other places. Customer service at the desk were great, had an error with my bill at check out time and it was taking care of right there on the spot with no problem. I will stay there every time I am in conyers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Corine M

It's sounds as if you are a international traveler. I hope you enjoyed the good old USA and our small town of Conyers. It also grat to know the hotel was a positive experience during your stay. Hopefully you made the time to use our large indoor pool and our Historical Olde Towne is in walking distants fo the hotel