“Upsetting Stay”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Conyers, Georgia
“Upsetting Stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Recently I stayed at this Hotel for an extended stay. While I was there, I had the maintence man spray my room 3 times in a 2 month period trying to rid my room of the bugs. After he had done this we removed the refrigerator to defrost it and when he moved it there was a large pile of these bugs under it. Granted most were dead, but while the refrigerator was outside several of the bugs started crawling on the floor and up the walls. That was the end of my staying there.

Room Tip: I would reccomend you closely check out the room before you agree to stay. The staff can be pleasan...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Rasik P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we are very sorry that after two years you had a change in your opinion of the property.We did try our best to address all of your concerns as you mentioned. however, we do have to enforce all rules and regulations for all guests, this rules and regulations are to make other guest staying at the property more comfortable, safe and appreciative of all our services.we regret to see that your feeling towords the property have changed after providing you with outstanding services.
We wish you all the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Jose
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I travel to Conyers 7-8 times a year for business, and as such have been looking for a place to think of as my own. And ABVI is ok, and overall its not bad.
- location: right off the freeway (kind of...to get to the motel you have to go in one block from the freeway exit, left at the light, left at next street to the dead end frontage road), so while convenient, and on a dead end street it is next to the freeway, though once in the room cannot recall being disturbed or annoyed by freeway noises. Near by is a Motel 6 (that I would not recommend) Note, there are several restaurants within walking distance, with a DQ right next door
- room: a little small, reminiscent of any entry level road motel, with a tiny work area, great little 'fridge and microwave, but no in room safe, nor an in room coffee maker. Room was clean. The motel is dated and as such things are somewhat worn....though I must say any time I have pointed out an issue (light is out, tub is draining slow, door won't shut) the maintenance crew have fixed the issue that day.
- safety: I've never felt unsafe or not secure, though the entire complex is one story, no second story units.
- Staff: front desk staff were very helpful. If you do the weekly rates your room is attended to twice a week, if going this route maybe ask for a second set of towels or bring one from home.
- Gym: No Gym that I'm aware of.
- Wi-fi: Available in your room, a little clunky and a little slow. Do not count on the wifi to be there for business needs, there are times it is extremely slow or having issues, as such beware. As an option local Starbucks and Burger Kings have wifi.
- Laundry: on the premises and unlike some of the other places I've stayed at the cost for washer/dryer is reasonable and in line with near by laundromats.
Bottom line. Would I pay a premium to stay at ABVI vs La Quinta, Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, or Hampton Inn? Ahhh no. Would I stay here again? Yes assuming the price remains competitive. So far this year I do believe I've stayed a total of six weeks at ABVI. For me having an in room coffee maker and faster more reliable wifi would set this place apart from the other places in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rasik P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our motel. We gladly accept your comments and complaints about our motel as they both help us improve our business.
Now let us address some of your complaints , as far as the wifi goes we are always looking into ways to boost our signal , so we apologize if at times it does not suite your business needs.
Now to the coffee makers, we are in the process of putting coffee makers & iron /Ironing boards in each room, they can be given upon request.
Again we thank you for your review and hopefully we have addressed some of your concerns and you will continue to allow us to assist you with your travel needs.
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel the room was nice and clean. Towels smelled good and supplied more when requested. Breakfast simple but we went out anyways. We were able to park in front of our room and its all one level so we didn't have to go up/down stairs. Staff very friendly.No unpleasant smells in room. Safe area with lots of things nearby. Would gladly return due to price and cleanlines

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DeEtta859
Rasik P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel and for your kind words!
We hope that we can see you again soon.
Columbia, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2013

great little single floor hotel. you can park your car right in front of the door of your room so unpacking and packing is an easy task. free wifi and lots of tv channels. i stayed here when i was bike racing and i had a race on the day a checkout but they let me get back into my room and take a shower so i didnt have to drive back to KY all smelly and nasty. super great owners with a great respect for their customers!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kenredneckfordguy
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a complimentary review. We are so glad that we were able to accomodate you so you could make your drive home comfortable. We hope that the next time you are in the area, you will be our guest again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff is very friendly and super hospitable, however, the quality of the room is very poor. Linens and towels are worn and cheaply made. Other than soap, shampoo and a fridge in the room, there is little else for one to use. Only one trash can (in the entire room). No tissues, no toothpaste, etc.
But they have free Wi-fi, which I have found that even high end hotels rarely offer.

Room Tip: All rooms face each others. This is a hotel with an outdoor hallway. Lobby does not connect to the r...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for the lack of quality in Linens and towels. We have changed our linens and towels in the rooms. Now you can find good linens and towels in our rooms.We also have put two trash cans in each room.

Travellers are raving about these Conyers hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for one night; I checked out the next morning and demanded a refund for the rest of my scheduled stay. The room was fairly dirty, but for the cheap price, I didn't expect much else. What pushed it over the edge is when the manager banged on the door before 8am and demanded to come in and inspect my room. When I asked if everything was ok, he just "harumphed" at me and stormed out. I'm not sure if he was inspecting what I had brought or if there was some other problem. But as a single person, I decided my safety was more important. I called another hotel down the street and happily paid the extra $20 a night for a nice, clean, safe hotel. Stay away from this one!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Neil P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, the only reason for an inspection of the room would be a suspicion of pets in the room. as our property does not allow pets.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I had originally booked the Microtel Inn when my brother mentioned that other members of our church stayed at this property. When we got to the Microtel exit, we turned right around and got on the highway and came back to this property. Not fully believing that this could be nice place, I spoke to the CSR "Raj", who assured me that the rooms where comfortable and clean. He offered to allow me to view a room before purchase, which I promptly accepted. Our first impression of the room was that it exceeded our expectations for the amount of money we would pay. We promptly returned to the CSR and made the purchase. After moving into our room, we became aware of less-than-desirable tenants staying near us. The were loudly using profane language, running in and out of the room slamming doors, and making obsence gestures toward one another. They were driving up and down through the lot and behaving like less than human beings. One of them was a man dressed and behaving like a woman! Smh. Anyway, we returned to the CSR, informed him of our issue, and he issued us new rooms on the other side of the property. I was satisfied with the way this was handled. The room I am currently staying in is clean, with a comfortable bed (semi-firm), tv, microwave, and fridge (non-frostless).

The drawbacks to staying at this property is highway noise(right off of 20 and west ave), VERY rough towels (feels like -50 count), visible gaps around the entired door (we threw away food products outside of the room as soon as we were finished to avoid bobby jimmy and the critters) and less than desirable fellow residents (which can happen in a 4 star property). It is close to many restaurants(dairy queen literally next door), and a shopping mall.

If you are used to 2+ star hotels, like flat screen tv's, desire the ability to hear a pin drop in your living quarters, like to leave food anywhere around your room, require soft towels, and quiet temperature condition units, this motel is NOT for you.

If you only require a nice, clean, economical room, with absolutely NO frills, this is TRULY the place to be.

Wow. This was a great review, if I have to say so myself! I DESERVE A TIP!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Cee C
abviconyers, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thanks you for choosing americas best value inn conyers and taking time to write review. let me apologize for standerd of our towels. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future and we will provide better service on your next trip.
Thanks
Rasik
Manager
ABVI Conyers, GA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conyers
Jameson Inn Conyers
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 15 in Conyers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!