“Worse Stay Ever !!!!!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Conyers GA

Motel 6 Conyers GA
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Where to start. Had a house fire at my primary residence and needed a "pet friendly" property. Although they were accommodating to my small dog, this place is not even fit for a stray dog. Day one of our miserable stay...we were put in a 'suite' and had to leave it the same day due to the heater not working at all. No problem i thought until i went to the so-called excellent continental breakfast...u would think fresh fruit would be palatable, but it was not ripe and some was over-ripe. the waffles were ego frozen waffles thawed from the previous day, the only thing that could trusted was the prepackaged non-peishables like box cereal and yogurt u can buy from ur local kroger. grits...OMG i wont even mention how unmentionable they were....one word 'disgusting'. Day 2, and i swear to u, i dont know why i didnt leave....in unit two, neither shower worked, the heater went out after a few hours of operation,and later that day i tried to take a nap in this rat hole only to be awaken by a piercing odor of the smell of an electrical fire in my room. thank god i have a sensitive nose....as i went into the other room of the new 'suite', i was greeted by a burnt out electrical plug that was obvious on fire but by the grace of god put itself out after charring up the heater unit and melting the plug. the option offered to me was.....'quick leave the room' and i will find another room for u !!! this place is unfit for habitation and needs to be shut down and torn down. i will be calling the fire marshall and also alerting the BBB. the city of conyers deserves better and i know they can do better. as a visitor to this city and to have to seek housing for my emergency, this is not the place to try and relieve stress. u think ur coming to a place of comfort and cleanliness...but ur greeted with filth, trash, poorly maintained, and potentially a life threatening property....please city of conyers, shut this place down !!!!

Room Tip: not here, keep driving
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank d j

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed at this nasty [--]hotel mid july, im talkng about mold everywhere, how can they rent these rooms out to people like that?, this hotel should be shut down, then I went to the front desk the inspection grade was a 98%.............. no way that can be right. The carpet is dirty, the walls are dirty, the paint chiiping off the tub, water pressure is non existence also.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank highlyrighy
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed here for a week with my husband and son. The room was tiny and had an odd odor. Some days the room was cleaned and some days it was not. Some days we got clean towels, but most days we didn't. If we did, we usually only got one. No one at the front desk seemed overly concerned with this. This is an older property which is not usually a problem however this place was very dirty and very poorly maintained. My family and I are not usually very fussy at all but we could not wait to leave this place. It was truly awful!

• Stayed: June 2011
6  Thank abarbrey
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Called ahead for adjoining rooms for family of five.Was assured there would be no problem,upon check in we were given separate rooms on separate floors.Both rooms were dirty and full of mold.We had to request new rooms due to health reasons and just totally appalled at the dampness and stale air in the room.Low and behold for some reason adjoining rooms were suddenly available.Second set of rooms were a bit cleaner ,but still had mold in the bathrooms which were not clean(tub had rings around it). The refrigerator in one of the rooms was full of black mold!I immediately went to front desk and they had housekeeping clean it.One of the two clerks at front desk was helpful and considerate the other should be working in a morgue, no compassion or personality at all.
Forget about sleeping party central all night long.The area is not a safe environment and you need to be cautious coming and going.Room keys would work sporadically. We would have been better off sleeping in our car!!! I highly recommend not staying here at all!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jerseygirl07011
Reviewed 28 March 2011

While the price was good, the personnel friendly enough, and the facility was generally clean, the room certainly was not, and the little things drove us nuts over our three-day honeymoon. When we got into our room, we found that the shower had not been cleaned, and the floor in the bathroom was still wet from where the last guest had showered. The carpet in the main room was attrociously dirty as we wore socks around the room and they became badly soiled each day as we walked around on that filthy carpet -- it was gross! In addition to loud music being played after midnight, on Saturday night, a bunch of loud guests began making noise around 2:45 a.m. and and startled my wife awake. I called the front desk to complain and ask that something be done and was told that "an event had just let out." I explained that this had no bearing on the situation and that there was a motel full of guests trying to sleep. The clerk seemed completely disinterested. The pool was one of the features that attracted us to this particular property; it was dry. The phone cord was broken and had to be held in place against the handset in order to make the instrument usable. And housekeeping called wanting to speak with "the woman she had just been talking to," but we hadn't spoken with anyone from housekeeping before. There was also a lack of electrical outlets for computers, clock/radio, etc. Finally, when I did the room check before check-out, I found trash from previous guests under the bed. This is not a place we would recommend or return to.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank dge718
GaTraveler1351, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Conyers GA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

We offer sincere apologies to you for your disappointing stay at our hotel. Our efforts towards delivering top-quality guest services are an ever increasing and important priority in our operation. Our quarterly carpet cleaning process is higher than the recommended hotel industry standards; however, based on your experiences, more cleaning may be required in specific instances.

We always hope guest will bring their concerns to our attention during their visit, giving us an opportunity to rectify what we can. We take complaints seriously and address each one received. When complaints are addressed, we try to do so without offending another guest or anyone else.
You may notice, we have a large number of reviews - most of our recent ones are positive. But, it is of small consolation that even with the recent positive reviews, we would yet have a disappointed guest.
Thank you for your comments. We will use them to keep improving our service levels. It is our continued goal to offer the best rates; customer service and hotel stay experience for every guest who stays at our hotel.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you a better stay – it would be our pleasure to show you how much we really care!

Manager, Guest Services

Reviewed 13 March 2011

I will definatly be staying at the Ramada in Conyers again very soon. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful during me and my fiance checking in, they made sure we knew were our room was and had everything we needed. The room was very clean and smelled good, everything was set up very nice and worked, the mini fridge kept our food and drinks cold and worked great. In the morning when room se3rvice came by they made sure we had everything we needed. Altogether It was a great stay and a very good price I was very happy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I had a good stay here at the Ramada. It was actually a little better than I was told it will be. Had an issue with my microwave at 1am in the morning and maintenance came out to repair/replace it within 20 minutes. It is extremely rare giving the time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo