“Property Needs Upgrade”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Pensacola, Florida
“Property Needs Upgrade”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This property is in need of a total upgrade. Had two rooms and both were consistently bad. Trash outside the lobby area. Carpet in both rooms were filthy,stained and smelly. My normal attitude is it's only a place to sleep in and I are price conscious. However, this place is one of the most unfit I been to. Buyer beware!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 32533

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The 1st room the heater did not work. When he went to the desk they told us it was because we turned it to high and we kicked the breaker. It wasn't working when we got there. The 2nd room heater worked, but the paint was peeling off in the bathroom. When we call the phone desk we had to mess with the wires for the phone because they where laying on the floor with the connection box hanging out of the wall. This place needs to be condemned.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robin M

Travellers are raving about these Conyers hotels

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

On top of the filthy furniture and linens, there were bugs. Not to be beat by the lack of working lights , a non-flushing toilet and lumpy pillows. My favorite part of the stay was the small foreign man who we learned was the owner / general manager who yelled at me ! Oh , I was angry that he did it over me calling to ask for a remote control BUT I was mortified when he showed up at the door to deliver what I had ask for. I was yelled at again , told to get my junk and leave , told to get out of his hotel and told I was a liar when my husband ask him if he was really yelling at me... I couldn't make up a story more frightening than this true one. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this place unless you enjoy horrible customer service and smelly , bug infested living conditions.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Stephanieeh36
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Conyers GA, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Stephanieeh36,

Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Classic quote from our stay: I feel sorry for my socks that they have to walk on this carpet.

10/2013- Arrived at this place after a long drive. We were exhausted and trying to travel as cheaply as possible. Now listen, y'all. I've stayed in all kinds of cheap motels across the country. Cheap does not usually mean filthy, but this place was disgusting.

The staff at the front counter was friendly, and we were so tired by the time we got into the room, we just accepted it for what it was and stuck it out until morning. I've never written a review on here before, but this was noteworthy, and I wanted to post the pics.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pelicanne
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we noticed problems. The lock to the main entrance and reception area was broken and appeared to have been broken for some time. So obviously there was a security problem.

Then they wanted us to sign a blank information card before any information was even filled out.

There were a bunch of people just hanging out in front of the place making noise.

We asked the receptionist if we could take a look at the room before we decided on staying.

When we opened the door to the room which was room 104 on the main level the smell just hit us.

We looked down at the carpet and it was black, stained and filthy.

They asked us to look at another room which was on the second floor. When we got to the room it was suppose to be room 220, but the door didn't have a room number, it was missing.

As soon as we opened that door the locking mechanism which secures the door literally fell apart and the audable door alarm started ringing. We tried to secure the door but there was no way to lock it. So we had to leave it open.

Now! We understand why the rate was so cheap on Priceline. Thank God my husband trusted my intuition and set up the reservation via the Motel 6 Website and didn't purchase it via priceline.

We were so pissed at what we saw, that our entire demeanor changed. Did they really think we were going to have our family sleep in such filth?

The receptionist saw our faces and just started to apologise.

We just got the family back in the car and found a room at the Comfort Inn.

Whatever you do. Don't stay at the Motel 6 in Conyers GA. It is filthy. I looks more like a motel instead of a hotel. I'm very dissapointed and outraged. You would think in this day and age they would take better care of their properties. I will nevet stay at a Motel 6 again after this experience. The receptionist wsd the only good thing.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Honestyy
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

So I'm recently driving thru GA and we see this place off the highway. I wanted a motel instead of a hotel because I have a dog and my elderly father traveling with me. So I needed a ground floor. I explained this to the rude old ethnic man that was there at 4:30 in the morning. Needless to say we booked the room only to put me on the second floor. I said no I told you I can't have a room on the second floor. He throws my Credit card at me and precedes to start yelling at me. It was not in English so I could not understand it but I'm sure it was not nice considering the one finger hand jester he as was giving me. As a employee of the hospitality community I hate people like this working in the customer service field. It's a blooming wonder that this place has its door still open. I can imagine it is because they are on I-20, it surly can't be for their friendly customer service. Ftunately

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank mandie704
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was the worst hotel stay I've ever had, would rate it a 0 if I could, would rather sleep in my car than stay here again.
Room was in poor condition (paint peeling, broken lamps, mold in bathroom), staff was unhelpful (wouldn't even give me extra pillow), I did not feel safe in the area. Someone called the cops on me for walking my dogs here (claiming I was looking in their window), and neighbors beat on the wall when I turned on my hair dryer (due to the noise).
Bad hotel, not great area, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family