“Convenient and Better Than Average”

Hampton Inn Conyers
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Alabama
“Convenient and Better Than Average”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This Hampton Inn may be starting to show its age but its convenient location and friendly staff make-up for the slightly worn carpets in the hallways and bath towels. Despite thin towels, the bathroom was immaculate with plenty of hot water and showers fit for tall people.This hotel is great for a single person traveling on business as it is located just off the interstate (easy to find and access) about 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta and its less expensive than hotels in Atlanta. There's also plenty of well-known restaurants in the immediate area. Another plus the king room I had included a refrigerator/microwave.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The two young ladies at the front desk were very polite and helpful. Location is great with plenty of restaurants nearby. Only a minute or so off the freeway. Parking was safe and convenient. WIFI was good and breakfast was what you'd expect at a Hampton. Seems like an older hotel but my room was very clean and comfortable. Bath was very clean. If you like Hamptons this one won't disappoint you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The price was nice (never seen a Hampton so cheap!,) and the location was excellent. There were stores and restaurants of all kinds within a 10 minute drive in any given direction. If you are inclined to cross the street, there is Golden Spoon Jamaican, a Chinese buffet, Don Tello's Mexican, IHOP, and O'Charley's directly adjacent, along with a Walmart, a Home Depot, a Beauty Supply, a Pet Smart, and a good handful of little boutiques! If your goal is to never have to enter the traffic snarl of Atlanta, this place is golden.
The staff was all very polite and efficient. I complained of a sticky carpet, and it was rectified in a couple hours while I was out eating lunch--the next day I watched them spray the deodorizer on the carpet during a housekeeping visit and found that it was just that causing the slight sticky (which at least put my mind to rest about what I'd stepped in...) The toilet was noisy and prone to cycling water for a good half hour after each flush, but I never asked for assistance with it. There were plenty of lights to be used in the room (I have a problem with low light vision, so this was great for me.) There was a coffee pot, a microwave, and a minifridge. The entire room was cleaned top to bottom, including fresh sheets, towels, and toiletries every single day (which never took less than 10 minutes flat; I'm still amazed by housekeeping!)
The lobby was always clean, including the hallway up to the elevators. There were cute mosaics built into the tile in front of and in the elevators. There was a fitness center with a treadmill and a weight bench. There was a quarter laundry room that cost $2.50 a washer load and $1.50 a dryer, so I was glad I'd brought plenty of clothes! The pool was small, ranging between 3'-5', but had 4 poolside tables with umbrellas and several lounging chairs. There is a wall around the majority of it that shields you from the parking lot. I took my lunch and sat next to it one day and it was very pleasant :)
The complimentary breakfast was the extensive kind I haven't seen in years! There was a waffle station, eggs/bacon/biscuits/gravy, yogurt, fresh fruits, oatmeal, cereals, juices, coffees, pastries, and breads available every day. I was there for a week and tried it all, finding everything fresh :) Nothing gourmet, of course, but this is complimentary fare we're talking about. I noticed the eggs and bacon switched out for southwest omelettes and sausages a couple times for variety, but did not try those options to comment on their quality. Seemed like a nice touch.
The view from the rooms was not very scenic on the ground (though it offered a great view of traffic conditions for a good distance,) but the view of the skyline was AMAZING--you can see for MILES in every direction. I'm a weather nut, so that made me happy.
All in all I would say that it isn't the stuff dreams are made of, but it is quite convenient, easy on the wallet, and was never stressful in any way! :)

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and you'll get a wonderful view of the sky due to the elevation of the hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Blue Springs, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

great place to stay, clean, friendly people and management that cares about thier guest. I stay there very often, value for the dollars is great. I recommend the hotel to other travelers. That is really all I have to say about this place. .,iiuyjekjhbnsebjbkm

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you want to experience real southern charm, stay at this resort. The location is very good. It's near the mall. They have stores like Walmart, Pet Smart, IHOP, Party City and Home Depot. It is also near Red Lobster, the movies, Chucky Cheese and other fine mall stores.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed last year, around this time, when it was being renovated... Not inconvenienced at all!!
Nonetheless, when I entered the Hamptons Inn this time, 5/22/14, I was Quite Impressed!! The Lobby and Sitting area was Spacious with Bright, Springlike Hues. Being greeted by Smiling faces, ensures a Memorable Stay, along with Soft, Fresh Cookies at the Front desk ;)

Now I believed I was suppose to check in on Thurs, 5/22, but it was for the next day! The female Concierge assisted in finding me a room with no problem, and I was able to stay there the duration of my visit!!

Walked into a clean and air conditioned room (not too cold), sufficient towels, and soft, comfy beds!! Very Relaxing Rest after attending a Middle School Graduation (that started after 6:30p)

Note, I am NOT a 6a-10a Gal... when it comes to my Vacation time... Surprised myself, by going down for Breakfast! Two Words: DELICIOUS and Filling!! Waffles, Turkey sausages, Scrambled eggs, Homemade Butter Biscuits (my breakfast selection)... But there was an array of different choices... I topped it with a Hot Cup of Decaf Coffee!! There is a spacious dining area, with TV Monitors, for those who don't wish to return to their rooms... Very nice decor, I must say!

Also, during this stay, I took advantage of the H.I. fitness center: decent size room with Cable TV, well-temped (not too cold or warm)... The treadmill was my equipment choice for my Walk-out!

Unfortunately, I didn't venture into the pool this year, although it was HOT enough for a dip or two :)

Housekeeping is on point with making sure one's room is cleaned & freshened up... Now if your "DO NOT DISTURB" sign is shown, you will receive notice to call the front desk for your basic needs: towels, washcloths, etc...

To sum it all up, my visit was great as always... I will return!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Queens, NY, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very friendly, very comfortable, very clean. and each night the staff had fresh chocolate chip cookies and great tasting coffee. I highly recommend this location for the great staff and great room. Breakfast was also delish!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Conyers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers
Hampton Inn Covington
Hampton Inn Covington
#1 of 9 in Covington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area

Been to Hampton Inn Conyers? Share your experiences!