“Local Fare BBQ” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Cordele
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Local Fare BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed overnight at the KOA campground a few miles south and have eaten here two years ago.

I ordered the two rib plate with coleslaw and baked BBQ beans. I felt that it was over priced to get two bones for $8.99 but it was very good. The sides were very good as well.

I had the apple turnover with ice cream. The turnover looked like a McDonalds turnover but it did taste homemade and was very good. Recommend that if you get this order it with ice cream.

The service was extremely fast and very nice. Even the owner or manager stopped by to thank me. Yes the place isolated and needing updating but it is a local fare joint not a branded company.

Over all if they lower the price I can see the value being larger. The bun was larger than the ribs.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tachdriver

Kirkland, Washington
“Not so good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped by based on reviews on here and a recommendation from a local business. No good signage, faded and no directions. Place was dirty and in need of a major update. Coleslaw was bland and dry. Chopped pork tasted old and flavorless. Peach pie was remenissant of McDonalds fried apple pie, although tasty. Ribs and sauce were the only things I could recommend in goog conscience. Service however, was friendly and prompt. Won't be visiting again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Verdaf
Ohio
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We spotted a billboard for Smoakie's as we headed south on I-75. We took exit 102 and came to a small, friendly restaurant where we were surrounded by locals. The staff was happy to see us and had wonderful barbeque dishes to offer with a variety of sides and fair prices for all. It's a family-run business and they are relocating in the next year to a larger space right off the same I-75 exit. I know their food will remain the same top quality, I'm sure the staff will remain as friendly as ever, I just hope they don't lose the down home feel to the place! We wish them well!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank retiredandlovingit07
Monticello, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little BBQ place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Smiling faces and awesome food. I'm so glad my daughter wanted ribs. We were heading home from Florida and stopped in Cordele to gas up and get some food. We lucked up on seeing Smokies on my map function and decided to try it. So good. Huge portions and really good sauce. Try the pork skin appetizer.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mandiepb
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Very good Q and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Had a wonderful lunch her today. I was hoping for the Thursday special which is Beef Brisket, unfortunately that had run out. So I had the pork plate served with 2 slices of break, potato salad and brunswick stew. Everything was quite good and tasty. Their tomato based mild sauces are awesome. I ended

• Visited March 2014